The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

heymoe 06-26-2010 10:07 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotts62 (Post 4060519)
Looks awesome!!! :metal::metal:

Thanks Scott!

ravens65 06-27-2010 11:33 AM

Thats gonna be one bad s.o.b.

heymoe 06-27-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERIC BUFFARD (Post 4061117)
Thats gonna be one bad s.o.b.

Thanks Eric.

Sillyoldman 06-28-2010 12:00 AM

I got the new polished alum oil pan on. I had to wait on finishing the exhaust pipes until the bed was back on. It is and I finished the pypes today. My neighbor came over carrying a exhaust hanger. She said it was in the middle of the road. I suppose I forgot one sitting on the frame since none were missing. I drilled the final holes and bolted the bed on. I was way too tired for much else so I did some simple things like painting and priming. I sneaked out for another outlaw run around the block. This time I went real easy on the pedal. Some of the neighbors hear me and come outside to make sure I'm in check. I cant wait to put the foot down and get through the gears. When the truck is legal I will drive it enough to get a feel for it and then gradually push distance and speed Sorry about the audio, no windshield yet.

ravens65 06-28-2010 12:13 PM

we went for a shake down run today, I took my youngest son and it was fun. the truck is to loud for him! we went a little over 20 mi. and all was well. except the gas- we had none! Eric

markeb01 06-28-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillyoldman (Post 4062226)
I got the new polished alum oil pan on. I had to wait on finishing the exhaust pipes until the bed was back on. It is and I finished the pypes today. My neighbor came over carrying a exhaust hanger. She said it was in the middle of the road. I suppose I forgot one sitting on the frame since none were missing. I drilled the final holes and bolted the bed on. I was way too tired for much else so I did some simple things like painting and priming. I sneaked out for another outlaw run around the block. This time I went real easy on the pedal. Some of the neighbors hear me and come outside to make sure I'm in check. I cant wait to put the foot down and get through the gears. When the truck is legal I will drive it enough to get a feel for it and then gradually push distance and speed Sorry about the audio, no windshield yet.

Thanks for sharing. What are you using for a camera mount in the first video?

markeb01 06-28-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravens65 (Post 4062795)
we went for a shake down run today, I took my youngest son and it was fun. the truck is to loud for him! we went a little over 20 mi. and all was well. except the gas- we had none! Eric

Yep, overlooking those "little details" can make your day interesting! :lol:

64c20crewcab 06-28-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heymoe (Post 4060516)
Lets see, I finished half of my 2 1/2" polished stainless exhaust and mounted my cab. Let me know what you think.

Looks great!!

64c20crewcab 06-28-2010 01:21 PM

This past weekend was spent cleanin up threads n bolting on the hv oil pump, pan, e-brock intake & dist. Using all ARP 12pt stainless hardware. Should be able to drop motor back into frame rail this coming weekend! Need to work on a busted stud in the passenger side ramhorn.

ravens65 06-28-2010 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by markeb01 (Post 4062845)
Yep, overlooking those "little details" can make your day interesting! :lol:

Yea, We gassed it up and went 56 mi. this time. we got 4 thumbs up, 50-2nd looks, 10 gaulkers and put to shame one froggy rust-tang! don't let this old man in a old truck make you look bad punk hahahaha! we came around a corner and he had that look in his eye, so..... I down shifted to second gear and next thing I know was he is a little speck in my mirror. even the girls at the gas station were asking about the motor. I'm still not running a hood- can't seem to find a nice one!!!! anyone want to donate one? here is a picture of what the mustang saw.

64GMCHorsepower 06-28-2010 05:40 PM

Well, I installed a new power steering reservoir, installed a new speedometer, cable, and gear assembly in the tranny for it, installed new adjusting sleeves on the front tie-rods and aligned the front end......also installed the temp control for my cooling fan.......installed new lowering shocks for the front LCA's......

been a busy weekend.....

Sillyoldman 06-28-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markeb01 (Post 4062842)
Thanks for sharing. What are you using for a camera mount in the first video?

Blue painters tape:lol:

Thanks Don

markeb01 06-28-2010 08:40 PM

Cool, and thanks. Sometimes the simplest approach...

1Bad62Pro/Street 06-28-2010 09:51 PM

Carb has been rebuilt.
Engine is tuned.
Will post videos tomorrow of the homemade exhaust at idle.
Sounds like a big block.......

1Bad62Pro/Street 06-29-2010 11:06 AM

ravens65 06-29-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Bad62Pro/Street (Post 4063818)
Carb has been rebuilt.
Engine is tuned.
Will post videos tomorrow of the homemade exhaust at idle.
Sounds like a big block.......

So..... I'm not the only guy the threw away his inner fenders? Eric - ravens65

scotts62 06-29-2010 02:21 PM

Holy crap the other tail pipe sounds the exact same! :lol: JK man sounds good for hearing it from computer speakers :metal: ;)

onequickchevy 06-29-2010 02:36 PM

Man, sounds great. Can't wait to see a vid of that thing lighting em up. Might get a little loud:metal:

ravens65 06-29-2010 04:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
What did I do today? after washing the truck, I ran it against a '04 C-5 corvette. He was shocked and so was I . I thought that i'd beat him, but... It was all the raven had. I tuned it be ear ( timing & fuel/air mixture ) so maybe some dyno tuning would help, if I ever have the extra money. we both stopped up the road later and laughed about it . he said it was very loud he couldn't here his own car as we were side by side. very cool after 5 years of work. its un-real for a 45 year old truck, handles very nice too!!!

scotts62 06-29-2010 04:15 PM

:lol: heck yeah thats awesome! I like your truck a lot, what seats are those?

MCCLELLAN103 06-29-2010 04:36 PM

Sanded on the firewall for a bit

1Bad62Pro/Street 06-29-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravens65 (Post 4064936)
So..... I'm not the only guy the threw away his inner fenders? Eric - ravens65

Yep.
Got to make some inner fenders for her.

1Bad62Pro/Street 06-29-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotts62 (Post 4064968)
Holy crap the other tail pipe sounds the exact same! :lol: JK man sounds good for hearing it from computer speakers :metal: ;)

I'm a gear head Scott.
If I had some marshmallows on stick I would toast'em over the tail pipes.
Ha ha.

1Bad62Pro/Street 06-29-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onequickchevy (Post 4065000)
Man, sounds great. Can't wait to see a vid of that thing lighting em up. Might get a little loud:metal:

Thanks Bud.
Ha ha yea that's what they are saying over on the other side.
She is a one legger right now.
Been wanting a Detroit Locker for a while now.
We will see. They are expensive.

ravens65 06-29-2010 06:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by scotts62 (Post 4065148)
:lol: heck yeah thats awesome! I like your truck a lot, what seats are those?

Hey man, those are '07 srx cadillac seats. I still need to hook up the elec. to them , I have the wiring diagram but.... had no luck the day that I was putting them in. ( in a hurry) guess i need to jerk one out and put it on the bench with a battery and just play around till i figure it out. two const. hots, one to ing. and one ground- that why I can't believe that it didn't work the first time . I wrapped all three hots together , maybe it won't work like that? heres a picture of the flip hood for you, still need to do the body work and paint on it. was hoping to find a steel one instead. Eric

Sick5 06-29-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravens65 (Post 4065352)
Hey man, those are '07 srx cadillac seats. I still need to hook up the elec. to them , I have the wiring diagram but.... had no luck the day that I was putting them in. ( in a hurry) guess i need to jerk one out and put it on the bench with a battery and just play around till i figure it out. two const. hots, one to ing. an
one ground- that why I can't believe that it didn't work the first time . I wrapped all three hots together , maybe it won't work like that? heres a picture of the flip hood for you, still need to do the body work and paint on it. was hoping to find a steel one instead. Eric

Were did you get that dash bezel

scotts62 06-29-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Hey man, those are '07 srx cadillac seats. I still need to hook up the elec. to them , I have the wiring diagram but.... had no luck the day that I was putting them in. ( in a hurry) guess i need to jerk one out and put it on the bench with a battery and just play around till i figure it out. two const. hots, one to ing. and one ground- that why I can't believe that it didn't work the first time . I wrapped all three hots together , maybe it won't work like that? heres a picture of the flip hood for you, still need to do the body work and paint on it. was hoping to find a steel one instead. Eric

Cool man looks good, yeah i have had some of those wiring moments :lol:

I like the way the hood tilts :metal:

Sick5 06-29-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Hey man, those are '07 srx cadillac seats. I still need to hook up the elec. to them , I have the wiring diagram but.... had no luck the day that I was putting them in. ( in a hurry) guess i need to jerk one out and put it on the bench with a battery and just play around till i figure it out. two const. hots, one to ing. an
one ground- that why I can't believe that it didn't work the first time . I wrapped all three hots together , maybe it won't work like that? heres a picture of the flip hood for you, still need to do the body work and paint on it. was hoping to find a steel one instead. Eric

Were did you get that dash bezel

ravens65 06-29-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sick5 (Post 4065387)
were did you get that dash bezel

e-bay !!!!

ravens65 06-29-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotts62 (Post 4065382)
Cool man looks good, yeah i have had some of those wiring moments :lol:

I like the way the hood tilts :metal:

Yes I had those wiring moments with the tail lights - Remember!!! Had to ask strodder to get it fixed,damn things had a green for the ground- sounds like home wiring. the brake switch was acting up also. Thanks Again STRODDER !!!!!

awbrown 06-29-2010 11:06 PM

I got out my sawzall and removed both front cab mounts , the right fender , the trans tunnel , (not with the sawzall) and most of the rusted floorboards , then ordered 595.00 dollars worth of repair panels and let my 15 year old grind the bondo off the rear bed sides ........... stay tuned for day 3 ..

SuperWho 06-30-2010 01:03 PM

Finally hunted down my starting issue. Burned wire on the header in the back. Got it started after sitting for a few weeks(no time) only to find that my master cylinder is leaking at the firewall and the pedal goes to the floor. Yay!

rockhop051 06-30-2010 02:53 PM

Finished building the new shed to hold all the junk in the garage to make space for the truck to start the tear down. :smoke:

MCCLELLAN103 06-30-2010 04:15 PM

well my cab is in a shop behind my work and the only chance i get to work on it is my hour lunch break. so all i got done today was pulling off the pass side rocker.

Vernski 06-30-2010 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My shop is getting closer to getting done a little more progress today the roofs on doors, window....Vernski:mm:Attachment 605523

markeb01 06-30-2010 07:22 PM

Looks fantastic. Good for you, bet you can't wait for it to be finished.

awbrown 06-30-2010 10:14 PM

day 4 .. check it out on the build thread.. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...0&ppuser=65065

Vernski 06-30-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markeb01 (Post 4067273)
Looks fantastic. Good for you, bet you can't wait for it to be finished.

Yeah Markeb01 I don't know who will be happier me or my wife cause she get's the garage back...Vernski:fry:

Rich 5150 69 06-30-2010 11:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got time to install 5 inch CCP drop springs (rear only) that I got in trade for Rally wheels for from Tony ( Thanks Tony ) now its leveled out, I still want to drop the front down maybe two....inches.

Sick5 06-30-2010 11:20 PM

Rich like the way it looks