The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

markeb01 03-07-2010 01:07 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Very cool. Where did you source those?

62 Bowtie 03-07-2010 02:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finishing up my bedwood, satin black painted oak and polished SS strips, not done yet I need to install the angle strips

Before and After

63 extreme low 03-07-2010 02:53 AM

I was finishing the bodywork on the cab corners then got called into work. Can't pass up time and a half. I will post pics soon.

63 extreme low 03-07-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62 Bowtie (Post 3844604)
Finishing up my bedwood, satin black painted oak and polished SS strips, not done yet I need to install the angle strips

Before and After

Well I just decided on what wood to put in my bed!!!:metal:

Sillyoldman 03-08-2010 01:37 AM

Made & installed a few new brake lines. Have to find an extra leg to bleed them.

1999corvette 03-08-2010 01:50 AM

Hey, I was bleeding brakes today to, but ran out of fluid.

1Bad62Pro/Street 03-08-2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Before and After

Did that once.
http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/...BryanLail6.jpg

Hottrucks 03-08-2010 08:03 AM

funny I started the power brake covertion..would have been am easy swap but the master was leaking then I broke the short lines between the master and proportioning valve.....I have to see if I can make them up

Alan's Classic 03-08-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markeb01 (Post 3844480)
Very cool. Where did you source those?

www.kent-automotive.com There are other places to get them. We deal with this company at work. They sell them in quantities of 25. May be able to contact them and see where there dealers are so you can get what you need. Or your local hardware store or body shop may have them. The PN's I use were P35313 for the bolt and P57200 for the nut. They are metric.

scooterskoolkustoms 03-08-2010 10:27 AM

:devil::devil:was a nice day so I bought a new coil cap,rotor plugs and wires,replaced oil and filter.If the weather stays nice I will shave the handles off the back doors this week.Would like to flush out the old tranny fluid and do the rear as well.need to get it ready for a road trip from nj to calif by schools end.:devil::devil:

panelrodder81 03-08-2010 12:35 PM

Finished installing my Oil pressure gauge and then started and finished my temp gauge install. Had to go to three different parts places just to find the appropriate sized adapter for the temp sender... lame. Autozone didn't even know what it was nor have anything like it, Napa had it in the computer but after calling two other stores no one had one, and I finally found it at a Checker. I think I'm good for awhile on this truck other than I need to get my torque converter cover cleaned up and installed. Hopefully I can move on to my 53 panel truck now.

onequickchevy 03-08-2010 01:32 PM

Just about done with the disc brake swap. Thank goodness for friends helping out. We've been busy with side work at our little paint shop. I'll pick up the line to rune the rear brakes today, and then i can put on the new heads. Maybe I can drive it this weekend!:devil:

Eagletucky 03-08-2010 04:29 PM

Finished the 5 lug conversion in my 66 GMC burb. Had to cut off/weld new perches to the rear axle to mount it up to the leaf spring suspension. Lowered it about 3 inches. I think I'll buy some shackles to get it down another 2".

That doesnt sound difficult, but it took me all weekend!

Nailz 03-08-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Before and After

62Bowtie, that looks awesome! I love the contrast of color.

low900rr 03-08-2010 08:08 PM

Nothing on the 66 today, cut the lower half of the fender off and fixed that last night. Today I started welding all the unused holes on my 69 frame, welded 110 holes and ground smooth today.

midnite 03-09-2010 01:00 AM

put a FOR SALE sign in the window....

tapeworm 03-09-2010 02:54 AM

FINALLY got a little more work done.

Put in the pass side cab corner, along with various patches on the back of the cab (botton couple inches)
Dug into a couple more "problem" areas-looks like more patching!

I'll be posting up pics in the near future

62 Bowtie 03-09-2010 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailz (Post 3848114)
62Bowtie, that looks awesome! I love the contrast of color.

Thanks Nailz :metal: I kept goin back and forth about painting or staining but the test on Mar-K's web site convinced me, also while the wood was out I had a chance to apply POR-15 to the frame and rails getting all that rust off the bedsides was fun too!

hornet53 03-09-2010 11:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Haven't posted in a while. Hell, haven't done anything to the truck in a while. Too much work and not enough, um.. truck related work, I guess. But I did get a chance to hit it with some Scotch-Brite to knock off the chalky crap i try to pass off as paint.

Here it is, aired up and half scrubbed. you can see the difference for yourselves. The bed has not been touched, the cab and fenders have been washed with water and a sponge with a scotch-brite side.

daverod 03-10-2010 12:18 AM

I put a sway bar on. Well worth it.:metal: I think it was from a 71. Everyone needs one.;) Took about an hour and a half.

markeb01 03-10-2010 01:04 AM

I added a straightened street rod version of the Mustang II sway bar to my torsion bar suspension almost 20 years ago and it made a world of difference compared to having none at all. It was replaced with the stock sway bar that was attached to the 1975 coil spring suspension when I did the crossmember swap. I don't need a slot car, just something that can pull out and pass without wobbling around. For a stock suspension I certainly recommend one.

sshockr 03-10-2010 09:03 AM

I realized I stuck my transmission mount on the wrong place and that this was why I was having issues getting the pinion angle set right. Apparently 4L60E's have 2 places for transmission mounts. Unfortunatly the bolts for the mount I was using are too long to fit in the other place.

- Brian

jason65 03-10-2010 09:07 AM

I drove it "65" while thinking about what to do next on the 64.

Hottrucks 03-10-2010 09:08 AM

ummm.... scored a new heartbeat for my truck last night..can you say CADDY...going to finish up the power brake convertion today..broke the short lines betewwn the booster and propotioning valve other than that its a must do covertion ....if my master wasn't leaking I would have been done in about an hour

lakeroadster 03-11-2010 08:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Started on grille modifications:

On the Custom Classic Trucks website I saw a photo of a stock "big truck" grille with stainless bars (see the first picture below). Very clean... I want to replicate that look.

First step was to cut out the stamped steel mesh. I used my air grinder and a 4" cut-off wheel.

Next was fab'g. up some mounting brackets for both sides out of 1" angle. These were drilled for (5) 3/16" dia. stainless tubes.

Next step is to make a mounting bracket for the center and then procure some stainless 3/16" tubing.