The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Daverods 52 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=448842)

99 to Life 01-15-2013 01:14 PM

Re: Daverods 52

then you'd need a stencil either hand cut or someone with a plotter can do it. like a sign shop or vinyl specialty shop. if you send me your logo I can see what I can do.

OrrieG 01-15-2013 02:09 PM

On TV I have seen Foose sent out some pretty complicated graphics to sign shops to make a die cut stick on. Similar to a car wrap, sticks with static to metal. paint and peel layers to get the final design. Local sign shop here has 24 hour turn around on small stuff like door size.

99 to Life 01-15-2013 03:18 PM

yeah I know a guy that could cut out vinyl too if you need. but odds are someone local can do it for you.

daverod 01-15-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrieG (Post 5819739)
On TV I have seen Foose sent out some pretty complicated graphics to sign shops to make a die cut stick on. Similar to a car wrap, sticks with static to metal. paint and peel layers to get the final design. Local sign shop here has 24 hour turn around on small stuff like door size.

:metal: That's what I was thinking. But I guess I just went to the wrong place.:waah:

daverod 01-22-2013 09:35 AM

Roads are still messy. Do have the truck all jacked up. I've been running it at different heights to see how everything works. Couple problems. When its all the way downs the tires really heat up the fenders and cause lots of smoke.:devil::lol::lol: Also when it's up any more than about 4" the driveline hits the exhaust alittle. I don't think I will run it that height but... right now with it on jacks the diff doest move the way it would when its on the ground.. Might have to bend or move it a bit. Have to make some braces to hold my fenders out alittle. :mm::smoke:Clearance it close about a 1/2". My rad fan and sender all works no heat problems. Power steeering works good... no leaks. Brakes workbetter after unkinking the hose going to the booster. Welded some stuff with the batt hooked up on the truck. That can't be good? Did have a blown headlight fuse?

99 to Life 01-22-2013 10:22 AM

well I'm all ears on your problems, I'll probably run into suspension issues on my next build. Atleast exhaust can be altered and moved. Did you hook your temp sender from the original gauge up? Or you running aftermarket?

daverod 01-22-2013 03:34 PM

I bought a new old temp gage and oil gage. I'm thinking I can bend the :smoke:x pipe aliitle to close. The yolk moves out quite abit when I go all the way up. Somthing I never really thought about.:smoke: I was worried about stuff hitting when everything was down.

99 to Life 01-22-2013 05:36 PM

cool, glad you kept the old original look. Did you set your pinion angle at your desired ride height? ex. 4" off ground then set your pinion angle? From there, I wonder how much play should be in the driveshaft, I'll have to find out on that cause seems like it should have some room to go in and out like your saying.

daverod 01-22-2013 08:30 PM

I set everything at ride height. At that height the yolk was about 1" out. With the 3 link the diff angle changes a lot as you move things up and down.:uhmk: I think I broke my speedo. It started bouncing a lot then nothing.

Strodder 01-23-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 5836200)
I think I broke my speedo. It started bouncing a lot then nothing.

It probably FROZE.:uhmk: :haha:

sweet70beast 01-26-2013 04:14 PM

The speedo will bounce a lot when the cable inside needs lubed up. It might have broke or seized.

daverod 02-05-2013 11:01 PM

:m6:Could'nt stand it any more. Torn open the garage door and took the little truck for it's first spin.:metal: Did'nt go to far. Lots of backing up and turning, Got it to go into 3rd. Turned kinda funny like it was pushing. When straight good. Still need to do a lot ie ..bed mounted better,, tv cable throttle cable. but now I want to drive it even more.:uhmk: Motor sounds good temp ran at 185 190.

bubba327 02-05-2013 11:04 PM

are you pushing snow over the hood???
Ground hawg day was Saturday!!! I am ready for SPRING!!

daverod 02-06-2013 09:44 AM

Roads are clear here. Time to burn some gas. I'm ready for spring too. Just bought a new bow. Big hairy things are going to die soon. I can see it now little lowrider with big old fat but bear stuffed in the bed. Draggin ass all the way home.

wutnxt 02-11-2013 12:54 PM

Hey it was beautiful here on sunday.....I opened up the shop and had my 58 out most of the day....it was cold but clear and it felt awesome to turn some tire. It recharged me for more work on my 66 low and go.....lol. So i understand excatly what your saying....awesome when things move and the roads are clear.....good on ya man.

daverod 02-15-2013 09:12 PM

Been cutting out of work early just so I can run home and go burn around in the 52. Going further and further away from home. Still havent hit the hyway. Had to adjust the front wheels had one that was way cock eyed. Did get it up to about 50 and tested out the overdrive. Now I want a 700r4 in my 64. Did manage to hit the wrong buttons a few times and dumped it driving down the road.haha. Or the stupid dog standing on the switch box. Tires rub on the top of the fenders sometimes when I'm real low and the front is way up. Burned some of the paint off the fenders. Wife is gone for awhile so I don't want to take it too far and have something happen. So far everythings good. I'll get some pics and maybe a movie tomorrow. Posi works good. My drive way has proof. My diff. does'nt move around like it does in my 64.

Strodder 02-16-2013 06:49 PM

Awesome Dave. :metal:

daverod 02-16-2013 08:26 PM

PVC valve started to make a tic tic sound. Had me worried till I figured out what it was. Maybe bad? Throttle petal was'nt letting it open all the way up. Big hammer a vise fixed that. Somewhat fast now.haha wider tires and more weight in the back would be a good thing.

daverod 02-17-2013 08:08 PM

5 Attachment(s)
:metal: Drive drive tinker tinker drive drive drive burnout rockstar:smoke: Life is good.:metal: Lighting sucked but you get the idea. Poor 64 will never get driven again.:lol: 2 years almost to the day from when I bought it till it hit the road again. Another 2 and I might be done.

padresag 02-17-2013 08:27 PM

what are you wearing in the picture, a dress?
ron

daverod 02-17-2013 08:50 PM

yes... it was a dress. you're supost to be looking at the truck smart a$$. Just the sun playing tricks on your old eyes.

padresag 02-17-2013 09:03 PM

after all of the old stuff of bygone days, I figured that it may have been a subliminal message of some sorts. why is the truck sitting on the ground , did you take a torch to the springs or something. the truck seems to be in pretty good shape otherwise
ron

daverod 02-17-2013 09:34 PM

Ur crackin me up. Ya I torched some things.:smoke: Filled the cab up with Habor Freight shipping pads. Two on the floor one in each door and five behind the seat...oh and a couple on the seat under the cow hide. Somewhat quite now..;)

xpickup 02-17-2013 09:43 PM

daverod, Truck looks great. I love the patina.

Shannon

padresag 02-17-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 5895290)
Ur crackin me up. Ya I torched some things.:smoke: Filled the cab up with Habor Freight shipping pads. Two on the floor one in each door and five behind the seat...oh and a couple on the seat under the cow hide. Somewhat quite now..;)

are you using that frt bumper to keep the snow off the driveway? is that why you have it that low. the 64 looks driveable.
fine looking pair of vehicles
ron