The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Tractor thread? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=837662)

Getter-Done 06-10-2023 10:40 PM

Re: Tractor thread?

Nice Tractor:metal:

Just a Suggestion 50/50 mix of Acetone/ATf is the best for cleaning stuck cylinders.:chevy::chevy::chevy:

DeadheadNM 06-12-2023 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tried out the brush hog today - worked well and I didn’t do any damage.

mr.mud1 06-14-2023 06:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
i was on a mission on Monday to go pick up my new to me 6 foot landscape rake and then today off again in the opposite direction to the place i bought my new Kioti tractor for a new 12 inch bucket for the backhoe and a new 5 foot brush cutter.hope to get it all unloaded tomorrow unless it pours rain like it did today,maybe have the brush cutter working on the weekend?

DeadheadNM 06-14-2023 09:18 PM

Now I want a tiller.

biketopia 06-15-2023 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 9212357)
Now I want a tiller.

They are nice, but man they seem like one of the more expensive 3pt attachments. I was looking for one for behind my B2650 and then about fell our looking at prices, even used. Depending how often you might want to use it renting one might make a little more sense. By me sunbelt rents a 60" 3pt for $115 a day, $345 a week, or $840 a month. I got lucky and a co-worker was clearing out property at his family's place and found their old Kubota tiller. Cleaned it up, converted it to work with the quick hitch and a new driveshaft and she does what I need to do.

DeadheadNM 06-15-2023 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biketopia (Post 9212433)
They are nice, but man they seem like one of the more expensive 3pt attachments. I was looking for one for behind my B2650 and then about fell our looking at prices, even used. Depending how often you might want to use it renting one might make a little more sense. By me sunbelt rents a 60" 3pt for $115 a day, $345 a week, or $840 a month. I got lucky and a co-worker was clearing out property at his family's place and found their old Kubota tiller. Cleaned it up, converted it to work with the quick hitch and a new driveshaft and she does what I need to do.

Excellent point. I’ll look again but didn’t find a local rental place that had attachments. If I do that’s the way I’d go. I need to reseed not quite an acre and till up a garden plot, which would be an annual deal. A rental piece would work for these.

biketopia 06-16-2023 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 9212463)
Excellent point. I’ll look again but didn’t find a local rental place that had attachments. If I do that’s the way I’d go. I need to reseed not quite an acre and till up a garden plot, which would be an annual deal. A rental piece would work for these.

Depending what all is around you sometimes the tractor dealers or repair places offer rentals but don't advertise it real well. I know by me the Co-Op offers some and even local farmers or owners of the equipment will post on FB marketplace or Craigslist that they will rent their attachments out. Just asking around will usually find you someone.

DeadheadNM 06-16-2023 08:17 AM

Thanks I’ll check around some more.

Killer Bee 06-16-2023 03:51 PM

got any deer on your place?

might be surprised things folks will do for you if they have access to a good deer spot ;)

DeadheadNM 06-16-2023 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol, you can’t throw a rock here without hitting deer. I spooked a fawn brush hogging the other day.

As an aside, my wife almost adopted this baby raccoon this week.

DeadheadNM 06-17-2023 02:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
A friend sent these to me yesterday, thought I’d share.

Killer Bee 06-17-2023 02:55 PM

nice - nothing runs like a deere!

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/nphnc325c6r..._7235.jpg?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/8toqhbd6b2q..._8294.jpg?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zmutjjiv07j..._8541.jpg?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zwfk0v7q0d0...11334.jpg?dl=0

Getter-Done 06-17-2023 05:26 PM

Yeah, I want to go to the show.
I drove by after work Thursday and Friday.
You could tell that it was going to be crowded.
There were lots of Green tractors on trailers.
Several tricycle tractors loaded Nose to Nose.

DeadheadNM 06-18-2023 10:21 AM

4 Attachment(s)
A few more. Diesel was less expensive than gasoline.

mr.mud1 07-18-2023 11:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i loaded up and took my tractor this morning to a friend's place just 10 minutes or so away to brush cut his field,a little paying type of work.i love it when a plan comes together.the brush cutter seems to work well,maybe better once i figure it out.it's all good.

Killer Bee 07-19-2023 07:52 PM

slightly unusual tractor battery some of y'all might not have ran across - 3EE

*positioned label out for the picture, actually mounts the other way

https://dl.dropbox.com/scl/fi/nu9n7e...cyhc2b0gf&dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rrhzhr...ndl0431mr&dl=0

DeadheadNM 07-22-2023 10:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attended a local auction today. Fun to see the hog on the differential of Bush Hog. This running JD sold for $1700.

Getter-Done 07-23-2023 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 9222061)
Attended a local auction today. Fun to see the hog on the differential of Bush Hog. This running JD sold for $1700.

Someone got a great deal on a Green front end loader:metal:

With that many people there they usually bring more than they are worth.

biketopia 07-24-2023 07:50 AM

Any idea on hours of that machine and or year? I have a very similar looking one I'm thinking of moving on from as it's just too much tractor for the amount of land I have. Although if I sell it I'll probably find my self somehow needing a larger tractor for something.

DeadheadNM 07-24-2023 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biketopia (Post 9222395)
Any idea on hours of that machine and or year? I have a very similar looking one I'm thinking of moving on from as it's just too much tractor for the amount of land I have. Although if I sell it I'll probably find my self somehow needing a larger tractor for something.

Yessir, was still up on the auction co's website

"1966 John Deere 2020 gas, w/ loader, bale spear, weights, fluid, tach shows 3200 hrs."

biketopia 07-24-2023 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 9222417)
Yessir, was still up on the auction co's website

"1966 John Deere 2020 gas, w/ loader, bale spear, weights, fluid, tach shows 3200 hrs."

Awesome, thanks! I'll have to look into mine, I know it's a little newer, mid 70's and is a diesel.

special-K 07-26-2023 06:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 9213053)
A friend sent these to me yesterday, thought I’d share.

Neat display. I had a couple John Deere 110s that style. Mine were the earliest ones with an actual tractor seat, the metal kind on spring steel and had taller skinnier rear tires. Also had a JD 80 dump trailer. The tractor I used I had an exhaust shop make up a stack with a turn-out for style and to put the exhaust out and away. I still have the catalog of attachments and accessories. I decided I didn't like the fiberglass hood and would rather have an early all steel gear drive IH Cub Cadet, a much better tractor. Those old Kohler engines were awesome.

I pass by this interesting place. Always something cool out front

biketopia 07-26-2023 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9222963)
Neat display. I had a couple John Deere 110s that style. Mine were the earliest ones with an actual tractor seat, the metal kind on spring steel and had taller skinnier rear tires. Also had a JD 80 dump trailer. The tractor I used I had an exhaust shop make up a stack with a turn-out for style and to put the exhaust out and away. I still have the catalog of attachments and accessories. I decided I didn't like the fiberglass hood and would rather have an early all steel gear drive IH Cub Cadet, a much better tractor. Those old Kohler engines were awesome.

I pass by this interesting place. Always something cool out front

Cool pictures Tim! You may be farmilar with it since your from the DMV area and probably traveled 95 a time or two. But just south of Richmond there is the Keystone Antique Truck and Tractor Museum. I've passed it countless times in my travels and always want to make a stop. We're usually going through way to early or late though with trying to avoid the traffic north of Richmond.

https://keystonetractorworks.com/

farmall 07-26-2023 11:28 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The 1918 Fordson and the unknown seeder will take their place under the 8' Aermotor when I get it erected.
The plan is to use the hand pump connected to the mill to push up and down on a large 18 wheeler air bag with a check valve hooked up to draw water from the bottom of the stock tank and pump it up the hand pump to a flume, back to the tank. The water here is 800' down in the Lava rock. $60.000 well.

72supr 07-27-2023 07:43 AM

That will be something when you get it going farmall. Do not know the make of the drill but I do know that is called a hoe drill. I’ve never seen one that old. Maybe they were more used in your area.