The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   The 71Dragtruck thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=783776)

71Dragtruck 01-23-2020 11:08 AM

Re: The 71Dragtruck thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 8663958)
You have been quiet. Time to post pics of some new toys?

I do have a new air shifter and some LED dial boards to go in the truck, but tough to get motivated when there is snow on the ground LOL.

My racing season starts end of May, so next month I'll be putting the truck up on stands, pulling and tweaking the convertor and start puttering away at the other stuff. Would be nice to have a longer race season, but would also be harder on the wallet :lol:

Ironangel 01-30-2020 05:20 AM

Beautiful truck man...After reading through your thread it makes me realize my old farm truck is way out classed! I'll be happy to break into the 12's with my new motor...I have a million questions but I'll spare you for now...Cant imagine an eight second run! Wow!

71Dragtruck 01-30-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironangel (Post 8668832)
Beautiful truck man...After reading through your thread it makes me realize my old farm truck is way out classed! I'll be happy to break into the 12's with my new motor...I have a million questions but I'll spare you for now...Cant imagine an eight second run! Wow!

Thanks, no such thing as out classed around here, we are all just at different stages is all.

Ironangel 01-30-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71Dragtruck (Post 8668876)
Thanks, no such thing as out classed around here, we are all just at different stages is all.

Right on man, I was just asking my friend who is also my machinist, "where does it end?" I'm going to have run 110 octane race gas in this new motor so I decided a fuel cell and electric fuel pump is in order. Might as well go with an electric water pump too...Means an electric fan...I have no idea how much vacuum that cams going to make but I'm thinking an isolated vacuum pump may be in order to maintain the power brakes. I'm installing a set of Moog front springs (got the part numbers from here a couple years ago) but had to cut a coil and a half off to even get them in. Don't have the number right now but I think they're going to work to unload the front and hold it for a decent weight transfer. lol...Sorry didn't mean to highjack your thread man...;)

71Dragtruck 01-30-2020 11:30 PM

No problem at all, post away.

You should start a thread with your truck, post up what you’ve all done and then add as you go.