The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   MisterC's "Project Luigi" Thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486894)

MisterC 11-29-2012 05:21 PM

Re: MisterC's "Project Luigi" Thread

2 Attachment(s)
No major updates. I drove it around for a couple of days, but then the rain came. I need to finish bleeding the brakes before I feel brave enoough to drive it in weather. Alex was right, it rides and drives like a completely different truck with all of the new suspension parts.

This weekend's plans are to do the sound deadener install so I can drop it at the upholsterer for carpet.
Posted via Mobile Device

65shortbox 11-30-2012 01:42 PM

Very nice truck Mister C! Good find also. I wish my custom cab bbw was as original as this one. Keep up the good work so you can make a trip to a So. Cal show this summer!

shawno72 11-30-2012 01:44 PM

Looking really good Mario!!

KevsClassics 12-03-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterC (Post 5730360)
No major updates. I drove it around for a couple of days, but then the rain came. I need to finish bleeding the brakes before I feel brave enoough to drive it in weather. Alex was right, it rides and drives like a completely different truck with all of the new suspension parts.

This weekend's plans are to do the sound deadener install so I can drop it at the upholsterer for carpet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mario,
Glad to see it back on the road. You did a great job. And I like your new seats.

MisterC 12-04-2012 08:34 PM

Thanks a bunch, Kevin. So nice to be driving it again. I can't bring myself to do anything more right now that would take it off the road.

C/10 King 12-04-2012 11:25 PM

Looking good Mario, are you going to join us in Turlock next month? :mel:Gilbert will be there. ;)

MisterC 12-05-2012 03:18 AM

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. I've got my list of wants already!

54Caddy 12-06-2012 01:07 AM

Mario your back on the road. Dang wish i would have known me and like 5 other buddies went cruising 2 weekends ago all in trucks. My truck just got broken in to so some reworking to it this weekend. Give me a call man lets shoot a spin before the world ends ahahahha!

54Caddy 12-10-2012 01:14 AM

seen you putting the truck to use this weekend man. Looks good for sure.

MisterC 12-10-2012 12:20 PM

Ha...saw you too at Napa. Thanks. I wanted to stop and say "Hi", but I was making a run to the landfill and my dad was waiting for me. Let's get together to BS soon!

MisterC 12-14-2012 05:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The old guy was feeling kind of plain today so I took him in to the muffler shop and added some :bling:

Previously the exhaust ended up behind the bumper. In keeping with my 80's theme, I stuck with the dual angle tips. I'm very pleased.

PS, the ramps are uneven, the truck is not. :)

shawno72 12-14-2012 06:09 PM

I love the exhaust!!

likaroc13 12-14-2012 09:36 PM

that looks nice! how does it sound? did you change the mufflers too?

Sick5 12-16-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C/10 King (Post 5740526)
Looking good Mario, are you going to join us in Turlock next month? :mel:Gilbert will be there. ;)

its nice to know you got good friends! ;)

hopped up 12-16-2012 01:34 AM

Those pipes look good Mario. Glad you're driving it again
Posted via Mobile Device

duallyjams 01-06-2013 01:37 PM

Very cool truck. That seat looks assume , do you have any pics of the frame center bracket. I dig the exhaust also.

MisterC 01-23-2013 02:25 PM

Hey James,

Thanks for the kind words and sorry I missed your request. I hurt my back right before Christmas and haven't been in the garage since. Haven't been on here much either. I'll shoot a couple of pics today or tomorrow and get them posted up for you.

duallyjams 01-23-2013 02:28 PM

Thanks / hope your getting better.

MisterC 01-28-2013 09:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by duallyjams (Post 5799533)
Very cool truck. That seat looks assume , do you have any pics of the frame center bracket. I dig the exhaust also.

Sorry about the delay. Still pretty much laid up for a while. Here's what I could get an angle on from my phone camera. Sorry, can't twist and get in a good position. Let me know if you need anything further.

duallyjams 01-28-2013 09:48 PM

Thanks

MisterC 04-11-2013 02:08 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I had been having some fuel issues so I removed the gas tank to clean it out. I got it back in this weekend and drove it today to check the results. No improvement :waah: I'm on to carb and/or fuel pump issues.

While it's been down, I started sanding on the primer to see what was really underneath that the previous owner felt compelled to cover up. I'm bringing back the factory striping first and have yet to see any damage under it. I wonder how much of the factory saddle color is still under there. Additionally,I've finally trimmed the lip on bumper so it mates well with the rear of the bed and I leveled it out. It sat low on the driver's side before being trimmed.

Lastly is an old Nova that I spotted yesterday that I'm trying to pickup for my daughter. She turns 16 in February and it would be a great project for us to work on together. It is litterally owned by a grandma. Has a 250 six cylinder with 2 speed powerglide. Amazing shape and she already put Vintage air in it to keep her cool. Anyone have an idea what it's worth? I'm clueless on what's a fair price.

65shortbox 04-11-2013 02:17 PM

Hey the truck is looking good!! As for the Nova, it really depends on a lot of things. Do some internet searching on CL and other sites to get an idea of what they are selling for. I recently purchased a one owner 1964 Nova 2 door "post" car with 82K original miles for 4K. It was in the old lady's garage and she only drove it occasionally. It is really hard to tell with these Novas but that wagon is SWEET! I was looking at those before I found this survivor sitting in a garage right by my house. I saw CLEAN wagons go anywhere from 4K - 10K and beyond. If you get the wagon let me know, we can hit up the Nova cruises sometime:metal:

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...0096845619.jpg

Here is the car on Steve's Nova Site:
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...=187144&page=2

shawno72 04-11-2013 03:21 PM

Looking real good Mario

Budman56 05-15-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterC (Post 5347024)
Thanks for the compliments, all!

Hey Terry, no I won't have it ready for the the 20th Meet 'n Greet. I ordered the shock relocation kit and adjustable panhard bar setup from Porterbuilt yesterday and there's about a 3 week lead time on those items. You can't rush quality!

I'm going to run up to Turlock on Sunday to attend the swap meet and pickup my refurbished license plates from the C/10 King. They came out awesome. The frame isn't included, Rene is just teasing me with it in the photo! No knock on him, he already gave me a frame for the front.

If anyone needs plates redone, Rene's wife does them for a great price with a much quicker turn around time than the other places I've seen.

I'll PM you so we can quit trying to meet up at events and just setup a time to have a bite and talk trucks.

I will need to know how to get a hold of her so that I can get mine done when Iam ready.

MisterC 05-16-2013 11:31 AM

PM board member C/10 King (first post on this page). His wife does them and she's amazing with the attention to detail.

LostMy65 05-16-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterC (Post 6005253)
Lastly is an old Nova that I spotted yesterday that I'm trying to pickup for my daughter. She turns 16 in February and it would be a great project for us to work on together. It is litterally owned by a grandma. Has a 250 six cylinder with 2 speed powerglide. Amazing shape and she already put Vintage air in it to keep her cool. Anyone have an idea what it's worth? I'm clueless on what's a fair price.

I love that generation Nova Wagon.
I still can't remember why I passed on one I looked at in 1989.
It was still the original white, with a 327.
It drove so nice and had the perfect old car smell.
He only wanted $1200.
Posted via Mobile Device

MisterC 05-16-2013 05:45 PM

Unfortunately, it didn't happen. I procrastinated and some other lucky person stepped up. So, the search continues and my daughter has lots of wants. LOL

LostMy65 06-25-2013 09:38 PM

Any updates?
Posted via Mobile Device

MisterC 06-26-2013 11:24 PM

Sadly, nothing at all. I drove it Tuesday to take a load to the landfill. It was the first time in well over a month.

I just finished a long list of honey-do's around the house so I'm hoping to make some more time in the near future. I have a power steering setup, headlight relay upgrade, jeep cherokee door checks, and the new tailgate hinges sitting in the garage. Just haven't had time to do anything. Additionally, I still need to finish polishing my slotted mags.

Thanks for checking in. God willing, I'll have some updates in the next month or so. Another Brother's show come and gone without me:whine:

Sick5 06-27-2013 12:50 PM

Next year right!

jayoldschool 06-27-2013 03:58 PM

Wow, I really like the look of that rear bumper. Suits the lines of the truck much better than the 50s-style stock rear bumper. Any mods to mount it? Stock mounts or the later mounts? I suspect they are the same.

MisterC 06-27-2013 04:12 PM

No mods whatsoever. Direct bolt-on using the the 67-72 brackets. I did trim about 1/8" off of the lower outside edges, but just so they'd follow the body lines better.

LostMy65 07-25-2013 09:47 PM

This is getting real frustrating.
I don't have time to work on my truck, so I stop by my favorite threads to satisfy my urge, and nobody else seems to be getting much done on theirs either. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Sick5 07-25-2013 09:54 PM

I know the feeling
Posted via Mobile Device

MisterC 07-25-2013 10:50 PM

You seem to have quite a bit of work going on, Gilbert. :metal:I know it never seems like enough.

I did start my power steering conversion yesterday. I bought the setup off a forum member, but had never even opened the box. I removed the alternator and mocked up the pump and bracket. I then discovered that I'll need an additional pulley on the crank for it to line up right. I ordered that today off of eBay (noticed afterward that seller is only 45 miles north of me) and I've spent this evening with the first round of degreasing the pump, bracket and steering box. I'll be ordering Captain Fab's bracket before the evening is over.

I also got my underdash courtesy lights installed where I wanted them and stopped by autozone today and picked up the door jamb switches to complete that mod. My goal is to install those, the jeep cherokee door checks and rattle trap the doors all at the same time. I hate having to go back and work in the same area.

I just switched phones so I haven't figured out the best way to upload my pics, but they'll be forthcoming. Nothing mind shattering, just proof that I'm actually doing this stuff.:lol:

Sick5 07-26-2013 04:21 AM

You'll get that ball rolling
Posted via Mobile Device

MisterC 08-05-2013 03:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Been degreasing, sandblasting and painting parts for the power steering install. Mine will never be a show truck, but I just couldn't stand to install the "new to me" parts without sprucing them up. Some day I'll pull the engine and get it all cleaned up, but that's WAAAAY down on the list of my priorities.

Here's a shot of the installed the underdash lights that I got. Not sure what the existing holes under the dash were for, but they were spaced perfectly.

Also included is a shot of the pump mounting brackets in place. I should have the pump and engine compartment all buttoned up this evening and then on to the box and steering shaft mod.

While I've been waiting for paint to dry, I've been doing other minor things related to some of the other improvements that I've already stated. I'm hesitant to get too much apart at once for fear of feeling overwhelmed. That feeling is what resulted in my shut down last year. From then on out, I promised myself to take baby steps. From the start, I've committed to doing everything remotely possible to do all of the work myself. Since my mechanical skills are no where near what many of you guys have, I don't want to get so deep that I have to end up hiring someone to help me finish something.

likaroc13 08-05-2013 03:52 PM

Cool, & I totally understand you about cleaning things up a little before installing new parts. That's what led me to scraping & wire brushing everything possible before painting the areas related to my 5-lug disc swap & steering rebuild. Like you, I'm not as mechanically inclined as many folks here either, but luckily my dad can help with the majority of that. You're on the right track with taking baby steps.

It also looks like you probably have the same P/S setup we installed on mine. And I've wondered what those under-dash holes are for as well (if you're referring to factory ones).

QBA 08-05-2013 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=MisterC;6206182]Been degreasing, sandblasting and painting parts for the power steering install. Mine will never be a show truck, but I just couldn't stand to install the "new to me" parts without sprucing them up. Some day I'll pull the engine and get it all cleaned up, but that's WAAAAY down on the list of my priorities.

Here's a shot of the installed the underdash lights that I got. Not sure what the existing holes under the dash were for, but they were spaced perfectly.

Also included is a shot of the pump mounting brackets in place. I should have the pump and engine compartment all buttoned up this evening and then on to the box and steering shaft mod.

While I've been waiting for paint to dry, I've been doing other minor things related to some of the other improvements that I've already stated. I'm hesitant to get too much apart at once for fear of feeling overwhelmed. That feeling is what resulted in my shut down last year. From then on out, I promised myself to take baby steps. From the start, I've committed to doing everything remotely possible to do all of the work myself. Since my mechanical skills are no where near what many of you guys have, I don't want to get so deep that I have to end up hiring someone to help me finish something.[/QUOt

truck looks great.

where are the courtesy lights from?

MisterC 08-05-2013 05:18 PM

I ordered them from a guy that sells them on the 67-72 parts board. I think they came off of blazers and square bodies, but can't say for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device