The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Daverods 52 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=448842)

bubba327 02-17-2013 10:55 PM

Re: Daverods 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 5895185)
yes... it was a dress. you're supost to be looking at the truck smart a$$. Just the sun playing tricks on your old eyes.

I dont wanna see Dave in a dress... just the thought is gonna cause irrepairable damage.......

Groyd 02-17-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padresag (Post 5895426)
are you using that frt bumper to keep the snow off the driveway? is that why you have it that low. the 64 looks driveable.
fine looking pair of vehicles
ron

I love it Ron, you sound like my dad. Whereas my wife says, "does lower mean it drives better or gets better mileage?"

Both the trucks look great by the way.

-Matt
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

99 to Life 02-17-2013 11:25 PM

nice trucks and nice house. lets see some footage. congrats.

padresag 02-17-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groyd (Post 5895524)
I love it Ron, you sound like my dad. Whereas my wife says, "does lower mean it drives better or gets better mileage?"

Both the trucks look great by the way.

-Matt
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

your making me sound old(at least not as bad as Stodder). hope that your still in your 20's
:lol:
ron
I wonder if has them chained at the back so that they don't roll down that driveway

padresag 02-18-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 5895513)
I dont wanna see Dave in a dress... just the thought is gonna cause irrepairable damage.......

the camera doesn't usually lie. what is he wearing then?
ron

daverod 02-18-2013 10:56 AM

4 Attachment(s)
The chains and the jack are to hold the bed boards down till I make a run to Lowes to get some 2" bolts. I already said it was a dress. I would get some footage but the dog has'nt learned that yet. Next week. Really surprised how well the truck runs. Kicked in some 4 barrels yesterday. Overdrive seems to shift up then down? weird.. Still need to play with it. I think I have the TV cable about right? Went from soft to stiff to right inbetween ..feels right? Hope it snows one last time so I can do some plowing.:smoke: Patinia on both turns out to be most fake.:lol:and bake. Couple old trucks that probably never thought they would run down the road again.:mm::exit:

99 to Life 02-18-2013 10:10 PM

well congrats on making these road worthy again. glad its working out for you. would def like to see some footage when you figure it out.

daverod 02-19-2013 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks bud. New pics and footage when the wife gets home with a real camera phone. haha Love the sound of this thing. So glad I swapped the heads out for the better heads. Now I need some electric cut outs. State trooper gave me the big eye yesterday. Maybe for no front plate? Maybe he just liked my truck. Hope he's a lover and not a hater. Got pulled over for no front plate on my 64 so I got classic plates you only have to run one on the back. Makes so much sence...not.:smoke::mm: Guess I've have to find a 1952 Idaho plate. I think they make one with a skier on it.... that would be cool. Maybe I could just put a 52 tag over the 47. DMV's not that smart.

daverod 02-19-2013 03:29 PM

Bought a new PVC valve still ticks WTF. Do I even need a PVC valve? I might have my valve covers on wrong one has two holes one has one hole. The valve Is in the one with one hole? don't klnow if that would make a diff? Maybe a different brand PVC?

padresag 02-19-2013 03:58 PM

your vacuum is sitting at a place where it is opening and closing the pcv valve as soon as you change the rpm that should change. here is an informative thread about pcv
http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/sh...hp?tid/291749/
perhaps it is that dress that is causing all of your vacuum fluctuations.
ron

99 to Life 02-19-2013 04:54 PM

dave,

what carb you got? are you running an air filter on one valve cover that has two holes? I run and eddy 600 right now, pcv is on drivers side, on pass side I run filter. But I have two oil inlets on both sides of my covers, they are old cal custom covers.

daverod 02-19-2013 08:04 PM

Lets see I bought so many I forgot. Its a holley 650 street avanger. Now I know what the other hole is for..da. I just put a breather cap on it. Good info on the PVC valves. Thanks Ron Going to see if a different kinda won't shut it up.:smoke:

padresag 02-19-2013 08:22 PM

I would check the vacuum pressure to see if you don't have a leak or something
ron

OrrieG 02-19-2013 08:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 5898581)
Got pulled over for no front plate on my 64 so I got classic plates you only have to run one on the back. Makes so much sence...not.:smoke::mm: Guess I've have to find a 1952 Idaho plate. I think they make one with a skier on it.... that would be cool. Maybe I could just put a 52 tag over the 47. DMV's not that smart.

I run vanity plates on my 64 Chevelle DD and have gotten pulled over a couple of time just because the cop was bored and liked old cars. I have been half-heartedly looking for a good wonderland plate to hang in the garage but they are rare (two years I think) and fetch a good price in good shape. I found a mint 59 1L plate I am going to run on the truck, if you run year of production you only need the back plate. Reason for the front plate is so the cops know you have them, they figure most rodders are not going to be running around without plates or insurance I guess. Here is a relatively rare plate I found in the crawl space of my current house when I bought it in 1985.

99 to Life 02-19-2013 11:48 PM

dave,

the pcv info was cool, def learn something new everyday. However, if you have a mild engine and bought a stock pcv, I'm not so sure if that is your problem entirely. Indeed a vacuum gauge would be proper. I run one off my eddy, def helps with lots of things, really one of the best ways your engine is telling you how its doing. With the holley I dunno which ports are what don't run them and haven't looked yet. But you should have one big port for boosters and the other for pcv I'd presume.

also are you running a breather on the other valve cover?

daverod 02-20-2013 10:39 AM

Everything rubs nice it's just the click click of the PVC. I do have a breather and a breather cap on the other valve cover. Think it's just the wrong PVC for my cam/heads? Cool plate Orrie. I'm running just a back plate on my 64 because it has a 64 plate. Funny the lady at DMV said I could only drive it in parades..? Don't even know their job... No that's not their job.. they just take your $$$. They should know .. I'm not even part of the DMV and I know. They offer several classic type plates.... some are for parades. Insurance and plates was the first thing I bought after I fired up the engine... I don't want to give them any excuse...welll except for the front plate. hahah I'll fix that when I find a 52 plate with a skier on it. Or a 52 tag to cover the 47 stuff.

Strodder 02-20-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padresag (Post 5895647)
your making me sound old(at least not as bad as Stodder).

I'm watchin you. :haha:

dubie 02-20-2013 12:41 PM

the 52 looks perfect sitting in your driveway, and your license plate firewall is confusing to the eye because of the direction and colors but is a really cool idea. You've built yourself a real head turner out of this one

daverod 02-20-2013 03:29 PM

Thanks Dubie. You think the firewall is confusing you don't want to see the headliner.

wutnxt 02-20-2013 04:18 PM

Man they look great sitting side by side in the driveway........congrats man......heck of a job.

sweet70beast 02-20-2013 08:33 PM

I watched for quite a long time and a 1M 1950 Plate finally turned up on Ebay a few years ago and I registered my 50 with it (I live in Madison Co.). Last year I found a 53 4B Plate in the Netherlands that I'm going to put on my Suburban. 4B because I grew up in Bingham county. I also got a 47 1A Plate for my Panel.
Jefferson and Fremont county DMV's are the same way, they don't have a clue how it works with Year of Manufacture.
I hate to burst your bubble but they won't let you use a 47 plate with a 52 tab. The counties don't really have anything to do with YOM plates, that stuff goes through Boise.

daverod 02-20-2013 08:47 PM

What!!!!! I thought I had the perfect plan. I'm still going to try. haha Just got done plowing snow. Funny as hell. No sparks though bummer. So now I have to find a real 52 plate with a skier on it. I don't think they made them that year. I'll have to do some looking. Thanks wutnxt. Been keepion my eye on ya.

I'm pissed they only made the skier plate one year 1947 now I have to buy another truck.:lol::smoke: Some years they did'nt even make plates...:smoke:

sweet70beast 02-20-2013 08:57 PM

In 52 they used the 51 plates with a 52 tag. I have seen some actual 52 plates (no tags) but most of them are 51 plates.
To bad yours isn't a 50 I have a Bannock County 1950 Plate. I will make you a deal on this one.

[IMG]http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/...psc9da3da2.jpg[/IMG]

daverod 02-20-2013 09:00 PM

ok. Pm me

I'm liking the tag.:lol::smoke: It's good to have friends. See ya tomorrow.

daverod 02-22-2013 09:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Did I say I love plowing snow. The bottom of my truck is nice and smooth now. No ulgy seams on the bottom of the fenders. haha. The low point seems to be right were the arms for the 3 link hook up to the frame. Need to build me some drag blocks before my truck turns to metal dust. Got me a new plate from the Beast. Thanks Jared good talking with you. Learned alittle more about my 700r4. The more I play with it the more I like it. Gez now I sounding like Strodder.:lol::smoke: Got done playing with my wood. Went with the rustic old look. :lol: See how Boise likes my new 52 plate.:sumo: