The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Dieselwrencher 04-06-2021 07:58 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 8904257)
No saving this one Chip. All of the main support posts were broken.

We are doing good.

Yep, really looking forward to the All Truck Nationals in September...

As Fats would say... "Goin' To, Kansas City, Kansas City Here I come"..:)

LockDoc

I thought about you when our wind was at gale force again hoping your barn didn't finish letting it's self down. We were in New Sharon on Easter and I almost swung by on the way home but figured you had family over already. There will be a next time.

LockDoc 04-06-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8904452)
It's so sad that barn got destroyed by a freak storm. Just plain bad luck. You've got quite a project ahead. Not that it hasn't been already. I wish I was near enough to come help

Thanks Tim. I really hated to lose it.

I know you would be here to help, cause that's what friends do..... It will take me a while but I will get it done.

LockDoc

LockDoc 04-06-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 8904480)
I thought about you when our wind was at gale force again hoping your barn didn't finish letting it's self down. We were in New Sharon on Easter and I almost swung by on the way home but figured you had family over already. There will be a next time.

Wife and I were here by ourselves on Easter Ryan. Should have stopped by.

I spent 5 hours working on the barn.

LockDoc

Boog 04-06-2021 11:21 AM

Leon I take it you are salvaging the wood. I've heard barn wood fetches a pretty good price these days or are you saving it to rebuild a barn?

LockDoc 04-06-2021 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8904591)
Leon I take it you are salvaging the wood. I've heard barn wood fetches a pretty good price these days or are you saving it to rebuild a barn?

Yes, saving as much as I can. I sold $381 worth on Saturday and I have a space at a good size flea market the end of next month, so I will take some there with me.

I am thinking about building a small storage shed for the riding mowers but I will use the ship lap boards from the haymow floor for that.

LockDoc

FleetsidePaul 04-07-2021 02:38 PM

I put in recessed lights in the the hallway. Whoa! Those suckers are bright. I have no idea why my walls look shiny. They aren't.

Ignore the big dumb dog bed. I can't stand it there. I've tripped over that thing and about broke my neck. But when Duke was a pup. my Corgi, Nacho wouldn't allow him in the bedroom. Even now after Nacho has passed, Duke sleeps in the hall. He still won't go in the room. So I've got a dog bed in my hallway.

It's funny because Nacho wasn't a mean dog. But he was the Alpha and could open a can of whoop azz if he had to. He kept order. He kept the others in line. All he had to do was stare them down and they would stop acting up. He never even growled. He was plenty tough and they knew it. I sure miss that little guy.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...um/Hallway.jpg

67C10Step 04-07-2021 05:11 PM

LockDoc,
Good on you for salvaging the wood. When I was in college I worked for a retired Air Force colonel and he had a bunch of us engineering guys hired to go all over northwest Arkansas to tear down old barns and houses to recover the wood. Often it was that or the owners were going to demolish/burn the structures.

1976gmc20 04-07-2021 05:24 PM

A while back there was an outfit advertising on the radio in Montana that they would rebuild your wooden corral or re-side your barn with new lumber just to get your old weathered wood!

72c20customcamper 04-07-2021 09:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8905107)
A while back there was an outfit advertising on the radio in Montana that they would rebuild your wooden corral or re-side your barn with new lumber just to get your old weathered wood!

Because weathered old growth wood is triple the cost of new.

But what I did yesterday and today . Renters broke a couple of tile over the years no love lost never liked it but at the time it was cheap and there was no waterproof laminate flooring . Tiles were stuck well and lots of mortar stayed on the plywood . So today rented a small demo hammer with a scraper blade . But it’s just about done .

I choose to have the some of the butts lined up . If I staggered them in this small area 44 sq foot I would have had too small of pieces on the ends and a lot more waste. Rest of the kitchen eating area is hardwood . It’s a rental so I’m sure I’ll be doing it again in a few years . Guys are coming to sand the rest of the hardwood floors on the first floor next week

FleetsidePaul 04-08-2021 01:10 AM

That broken tile reminds me of my buddy Hank. He tiled his entire kitchen with broken tile.
It sounds weird. But that floor was a piece of art. He was a very talented guy. I wanted him to do my kitchen the same. But unfortunately the cancer got him before that happened. He was a nice guy. But he would kick your butt at golf. (Ask me how I know)

FleetsidePaul 04-08-2021 12:03 PM

I bought my wife another Corgi. Our little guy passed away this year and she's been heartbroken.

So this is Coco. She's on her way from Oklahoma. My wife is already buying stuff for her. :smoke:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...edium/Coco.jpg

LockDoc 04-08-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8905466)
I bought my wife another Corgi. Our little guy passed away this year and she's been heartbroken.

So this is Coco. She's on her way from Oklahoma. My wife is already buying stuff for her. :smoke:

Cute little bugger...:)

LockDoc

Dieselwrencher 04-08-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8905230)

But what I did yesterday and today . Renters broke a couple of tile over the years no love lost never liked it but at the time it was cheap and there was no waterproof laminate flooring . Tiles were stuck well and lots of mortar stayed on the plywood . So today rented a small demo hammer with a scraper blade . But it’s just about done .

I choose to have the some of the butts lined up . If I staggered them in this small area 44 sq foot I would have had too small of pieces on the ends and a lot more waste. Rest of the kitchen eating area is hardwood . It’s a rental so I’m sure I’ll be doing it again in a few years . Guys are coming to sand the rest of the hardwood floors on the first floor next week

Very nice work! I've laid down some of that type of flooring in 2 rooms in our house but opted to not put the padding down. Does the padding just help give the floor a softer feel or what is the reasoning for the padding under it?

Dieselwrencher 04-08-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

My wife lost her Corgi 2 years ago. Last year I bought her another and in a month or so we're getting one for the kids. These little dudes sure aren't cheap. :lol:

cwcarpenter98 04-08-2021 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Corgis are great!

We got one a couple years ago. We were his 4th owner. He was definitely a mama's boy. He stayed with my mom all the time :lol: He was around 14 or 15 when we lost him earlier this year. His name was Moose

I'll probably be getting one well after college

FleetsidePaul 04-08-2021 02:30 PM

Corgi's are great dogs and they definitely have an attitude. And no, this dog was NOT cheap by a longshot. :eek: But my wife is happy. :)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...d-big-dog1.jpg

Low Elco 04-08-2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 8904257)
No saving this one Chip. All of the main support posts were broken.

We are doing good.

Yep, really looking forward to the All Truck Nationals in September...

As Fats would say... "Goin' To, Kansas City, Kansas City Here I come"..:)

LockDoc

That's a shame. Hope you got one of them "Barnwood Builder" cats to give you some dough for it! There's a Deal called the "c10 Shindig" in July, too. It's on FB. Looks like it's gonna be pretty good for a first time deal. Gonna be hot as the dickens, though.

72c20customcamper 04-09-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 8905489)
Very nice work! I've laid down some of that type of flooring in 2 rooms in our house but opted to not put the padding down. Does the padding just help give the floor a softer feel or what is the reasoning for the padding under it?

Sound deadening and kills the tap noise you get with laminate when you walk on it with shoes . Also this is a waterproofing membrain the flooring is waterproof but the plywood isnt . This padding comes with silver tape installed already to seal the seams . Peel and stick .

Steeveedee 04-09-2021 11:25 AM

Running the wiring for sprinkler power in the back yard. The wiring work is in the attic, and walking on the rafters is killing my feet. All I have left is the J-box and connections.

57taskforce 04-09-2021 09:41 PM

I did a steering column clockspring on a 2007 JK today... I didn’t even deploy the airbag when I started it back up:lol: good to have all the random srs and stability/traction control codes gone.

special-K 04-10-2021 05:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Corgis were my favorite dog when I was a kid. We didn't know anyone with one but when I'd see one it was a big deal. The reason I liked them so much is because I played with Corgi Toys. Anyone remember those? If it had something to do with cars I loved it! I liked Matchboxes, Dinky Toys, Tootsietoys, but no one had any of those as pets.

I had a baby blue one. My favorite Corgi Toy. Years later, in the early-'80s I bought a real baby blue '63 Riviera. I had it for a while before one day I was up in the attic and came across the box I have what's left of the cars I had as a kid and there was the Riviera. It was then I began to wonder if my attraction to my real Riviera wasn't all about that favorite toy I had. Kind of a reverse realization
Attachment 2094429
(I didn't take that. Sorry Eric)

kingsolver72 04-10-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8905230)

You missed a spot under the toe kick.;)
I don’t see laminated flooring around my area anymore.
Luxury vinyl plank/tile is all the rage.
Pictures make it look easy.:lol:

I ran 4 miles yesterday, I’m planning on 8 today.
It’s as easy as putting one foot in front of the other.:lol:

72c20customcamper 04-10-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsolver72 (Post 8906270)
You missed a spot under the toe kick.;)
I don’t see laminated flooring around my area anymore.
Luxury vinyl plank/tile is all the rage.
Pictures make it look easy.:lol:

I ran 4 miles yesterday, I’m planning on 8 today.
It’s as easy as putting one foot in front of the other.:lol:

I used the vinyl with pre applied backing in my bath . It is nice stuff I'm sure it will replace laminate flooring eventually.

1976gmc20 04-10-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8906289)
I used the vinyl with pre applied backing in my bath . It is nice stuff I'm sure it will replace laminate flooring eventually.

We put recycled laminate in our living and dining room a few years ago. A new neighbor decided to rip out his laminate and put in real wood. There wasn't enough to do the kitchen also and we couldn't find anything that would match the thickness and t&g.

This old cheap stuff really doesn't like moisture and considering the work I wish we would have just put in new vinyl plank on the whole thing. But we didn't have the money at that time and it's still way better than the old dirty carpet.

I'm not sure I'm up to ever doing another floor myself :(

FleetsidePaul 04-10-2021 06:15 PM

I went on the DMV website. Fun. Fun. Fun. :clap: What a nightmare.

The license plates on my Packard do not match the plate numbers on my registration. It seems that the P.O. got historical plates for the car. Never put them on. And now he can't find them. :dohh:

So now I have to wait on the DMV for replacements. Considering it's the DMV I figure that it should only take a year or two for them to do it. In the meantime I'll just run these plates. :)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...edium/F-it.jpg