The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

TX58 07-23-2012 01:19 AM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

Installed new shocks ( all 4) and fitted a new bench seat (? 3rd row). Made it work with original brackets. Now that I have that all worked out its off to the upholstery shop ( when I find one that doesn't want a arm and leg)
Posted via Mobile Device

mknittle 07-23-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtusmc (Post 5500374)
I started to wash my 53 & 59 today. About 10 minuets into it. I heard what I thought was an IED go off, and ran for cover. My neighbor managed to engage all his airbags in his new 2012 Mercedes-Benz S350 at once. He was trying to hard wire an Xbox 360. I has to stop and come inside. I didn't want them to see me laughing :lol:

Now thats funny:lol:

focusedontheprize 07-23-2012 10:08 AM

This weekend was a "preparation weekend" due to the car show.

Cleaned and painted the steering box, master cylinder bracket, rear axle cover bolts, and pedal brackets. I re-flarred a few of the brake lines and installed them and also put in my Ignitier II module into the distributor and picked up a new cap.

I am heading home on Wednesday night. The goal is to finish the rear end completely (just install the rear end cover and bolts), finish and bleed the brakes, and then work on getting this thing started up.

The end is near.

OrrieG 07-23-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtusmc (Post 5500374)
I started to wash my 53 & 59 today. About 10 minuets into it. I heard what I thought was an IED go off, and ran for cover. My neighbor managed to engage all his airbags in his new 2012 Mercedes-Benz S350 at once. He was trying to hard wire an Xbox 360. I has to stop and come inside. I didn't want them to see me laughing :lol:

Did you sneak a photo?? Thats going to be an expensive fix. I don't know squat about Xbox's but aren't they for the living room TV or was he putting one in the back seat to entertain his kids?

Daze57 07-23-2012 01:44 PM

^ You are right ! that aint gonna be cheap to fix that !

weaintscared 07-23-2012 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More work,,, Got all the dash gauges lots of $$$$ but it looks really good
Attached Images

dliving69 07-23-2012 05:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got a hell of a deal on a chrome tilt steering column for my 69c10. www.southernrods.com

weaintscared 07-23-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dliving69 (Post 5501461)
Just got a hell of a deal on a chrome tilt steering column for my 69c10. www.southernrods.com

how much? what's the lenght I"ve got a 69 iI need to get one for

ChuckDriver 07-23-2012 08:56 PM

Washed it for the first time in 10+ years!!!

mknittle 07-24-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrieG (Post 5501043)
Did you sneak a photo?? Thats going to be an expensive fix. I don't know squat about Xbox's but aren't they for the living room TV or was he putting one in the back seat to entertain his kids?

What't with people having video entertainment everywhere? the gas station down the street plays videos on their pumps!:lol:

sgtusmc 07-24-2012 01:44 PM

I didn't take any pics or video of the poor guy's mishap. My wife said she seen it on a flatbed the next day getting towed somewhere. From what I was able to see, he was mounting the Xbox in his trunk. He must have spliced into the yellow loom of wires...hahaha He tripped everything, dash, doors, seats.

OrrieG 07-24-2012 03:01 PM

From what I could find online, it has a minimum of 8 air bags. I could not find hard costs but it looks like each one is 2-3K each with 1K each labor rate to install.

Russell Ashley 07-24-2012 03:52 PM

Lets just say he could buy a very nice AD or TF for what it's going to cost. I'm guessing about $30K. If it were a few years older it might even be totaled. My son ownes a body shop in Savannah, Ga and I've seen some decent looking cars there that were written off as totaled. The air bags being deployed was the deciding factor.

Hot Rod Todd 07-24-2012 05:01 PM

Well guys, while you have 102 degrees, its only 40 degrees F down here & we have the heating on all the time.

Up where the guy is working on finishing my truck, theres flooding & he almost didnt get home last night. Took him 2 hours to do a 20 minute drive as the roads were flooded, and the alternative route was flooded too. So progress on the final bits on the truck are slow, and the deadline of next monday (Im due to fly in and do a 600 mile road trip home) is looking real shaky. Im guessing I wont be on that flight.

dliving69 07-24-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weaintscared (Post 5501481)
how much? what's the lenght I"ve got a 69 iI need to get one for

300... 32 inthis

beanyard 07-24-2012 08:19 PM

Just test fitted a GMC door on my 59 Chevy TF. Fits just like the chevy only takes different hinge bolts.
Posted via Mobile Device

RINC 07-24-2012 09:22 PM

185deg here in Phoenix !

All I did was add new gas on the old stuff in hopes the motor will fire.
It'll run if fuel is added directly but ...... so simple stuff 1st. See if its flowing from the tank then on to the pump.

So with the heat I was thinking as I was adding the fuel ...... I hope this stuff dont catch fire if it drips on sumthin :devil:

oldcouple 07-27-2012 12:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sound deadner, pad, carpet, seats, and console are in, Yippee, now to wiring door panels, trim and few hundred more details.

steve757 07-27-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldcouple (Post 5508221)
Sound deadner, pad, carpet, seats, and console are in, Yippee, now to wiring door panels, trim and few hundred more details.

if you don't mind could you tell me what your seats came out of? and do the center up with the steering wheel? Thanks

oldcouple 07-27-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve757 (Post 5508235)
if you don't mind could you tell me what your seats came out of? and do the center up with the steering wheel? Thanks

Sorry, I do not have clue, bought them from a reseller on CL, could find no markings, maybe a Dodge or F..., and yes they do because I made the brackets to mount them. Bonus is the console is high enough I can put my ebrake out of a camero back under it.

55metalmonkey 07-28-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weaintscared (Post 5501157)
More work,,, Got all the dash gauges lots of $$$$ but it looks really good
Attached Images

that looks awsome, :metal:

OrrieG 07-29-2012 03:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Cleaned and painted all the door hinge bolts. Installed the door strikes. Found that when I bought the latch/strike set in 09 I was sent two passenger latches. The guy I bought them from has not sold anything in a year on ebay, I suspect he was just a third party broker, address on the shipping receipt is different from the package address return label. I emailed him to see if I can get it replaced, don't expect success, so will probably end up selling my extra and getting a replacement on Ebay.

_Ogre 07-29-2012 06:12 PM

cruised woodward last night :D
lots of classics out last night

mknittle 07-31-2012 11:24 PM

i just looked at it as it was too hot after i got home from my cancer Dr. 5 years cancer free!
tomrrow I will get back to the floor on my truck.

TX58 08-01-2012 12:23 AM

Fabric came in today for my seat, taking it to the upholstery shop tomorrow.
It's vintage material that was used in impalas, not sure what year but I liked the pattern and the shade of black that it was.
Posted via Mobile Device