The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today part IV (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=729696)

'63GENIII 09-05-2020 11:56 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today part IV

2 Attachment(s)
The last project that I tackled as we were packing the camping stuff (yes wife was pissed that she was packing mostly by herself) was the behind the seat storage. A member (Freecandyinside) had posted this a while back. I thought it was an awesome idea since I had installed a 30 gallon Blazer tank in the rear when I went to fuel injection... The old tank works great as a storage and it saves an otherwise good condition tank from the wrecker. Its also custom contoured to the cab. Just like the storage that the late model trucks get :lol:.

And yes, all of that crap was with under the seats or behind. I thought I had lost half of the stuff in the storage. Turned out it was just completely disorganized. Now the under seat is completely clear!

The Rocknrod 09-06-2020 08:53 AM

Wow that is pretty cool.

Richard2112 09-06-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '63GENIII (Post 8803833)
The last project that I tackled as we were packing the camping stuff (yes wife was pissed that she was packing mostly by herself) was the behind the seat storage. A member (Freecandyinside) had posted this a while back. I thought it was an awesome idea since I had installed a 30 gallon Blazer tank in the rear when I went to fuel injection... The old tank works great as a storage and it saves an otherwise good condition tank from the wrecker. Its also custom contoured to the cab. Just like the storage that the late model trucks get :lol:.

And yes, all of that crap was with under the seats or behind. I thought I had lost half of the stuff in the storage. Turned out it was just completely disorganized. Now the under seat is completely clear!

That is a very cool idea.

pdxhall 09-06-2020 08:51 PM

I ordered new tires. 2 will be here tomorrow and 2 on Friday

Lunnb 09-06-2020 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got tired of the exhaust hanging down so far under the truck so I routed the pipes thru the frame . These pipes were bought 30 years ago from JC Whitney , back before the Internet and before you could buy stuff actually designed for these trucks . They had zero miles on them , had been painted with hi temp paint when they were originally installed so they were still in good shape . Cutting , grinding , beating and banging and everything seems to finally fit . After this a Tig welder is on my wish list .

raic65 09-10-2020 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Changed the bed out using mostly new sheet metal

ApacheNick 09-13-2020 08:01 PM

Finally got it stuffed back in the shop.

AcampoDave 09-13-2020 08:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ditched my low quality aluminum valve covers with their crappy homemade baffles for some nice stamped steel "tall boys". They actually have an OEM style baffle.
I think they suit my motor better anyhow.

Pinchecharlie 09-13-2020 09:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That engine looks great! I kinda got mine together after paint!

AcampoDave 09-13-2020 09:26 PM

Thanks, one thing I've learned is a that a lot of those dress up parts put style over substance.

forestb 09-13-2020 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got my headliner reinstalled. It started falling down about a year ago because the glue on the back of the velcro lost it adhesiveness in the heat. I got a velcro with a strong glue.

forestb 09-13-2020 09:54 PM

I think photos get turned sideways when I post them from my phone. If I post them from my computer they end up correct.

AcampoDave 09-13-2020 10:21 PM

Nice inerior Forrest. Did you make that headliner yourself?

forestb 09-13-2020 10:39 PM

Thanks. The upholsterer that did my interior made it. It is a soft heat shielding that is usually used under the carpet, covered in pleated cloth with a Velcro backing.

'63GENIII 09-13-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcampoDave (Post 8807681)
Ditched my low quality aluminum valve covers with their crappy homemade baffles for some nice stamped steel "tall boys". They actually have an OEM style baffle.
I think they suit my motor better anyhow.

I dig the factory VCs. They go well with the air cleaner too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by forestb (Post 8807718)
Finally got my headliner reinstalled. It started falling down about a year ago because the glue on the back of the velcro lost it adhesiveness in the heat. I got a velcro with a strong glue.

Thats pretty cool there. Does it do much to deaden any sound? Man I really like that!

forestb 09-14-2020 12:13 AM

I don’t think that it deadens the sound much but it might. I have so much bondo in the roof that I don’t have much vibration from that area. I did it more for heat than sound. The sealing is hot to the touch in the summertime without it.

AcampoDave 09-14-2020 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinchecharlie (Post 8807685)
That engine looks great! I kinda got mine together after paint!

Thats a good looking truck. I saw a side shot of it somewhere earlier this week and you nailed the stance.

Pinchecharlie 09-14-2020 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks man! I love it but it is low! Gotta be careful lol! Heres another side shot lol. I spent alot of time and slot of my kids college fund getting here. Now I gotta get the bugs out and enjoy it! I spent a couple hours yesterday all pissed off cause I couldn't find the plates lol! Man sorry I cant figure out the sideways picture thing!

kens65fb 09-14-2020 08:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinchecharlie (Post 8807848)
Thanks man! I love it but it is low! Gotta be careful lol! Heres another side shot lol. I spent alot of time and slot of my kids college fund getting here. Now I gotta get the bugs out and enjoy it! I spent a couple hours yesterday all pissed off cause I couldn't find the plates lol! Man sorry I cant figure out the sideways picture thing!

Here you go

kens65fb 09-14-2020 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by raic65 (Post 8806098)
Changed the bed out using mostly new sheet metal

Love the floor, any pics or info how you installed the floor.
I'd love to do that to my truck, as well.

SCOTI 09-14-2020 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Rotated the image Pinchecharlie & kens65fb.....

SCOTI 09-14-2020 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished the initial fab & welding for my coil-over conversion brackets. They just require cosmetic focus now & will get some color.

raic65 09-14-2020 04:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
kens65fb, sent you a pm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kens65fb (Post 8807860)
Love the floor, any pics or info how you installed the floor.
I'd love to do that to my truck, as well.

A few minor updates. Successfully relocated the gas filler in the under bed tank after changing out the bed.

Rewired the parking lights to stay on when headlights are on. But I plan to change to a different style LED that looks more original.

Added LED brake lights

Add a LED dome light. Not sure if it was a good idea because it shows how bad the interior looks. :lol:

raylube 09-15-2020 12:54 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Welded shock brackets, painted, intstalled 14 bolt

raylube 09-15-2020 12:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Also my power king 9.00 16 tire i ordered came in