The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   FAQ Truck Tech (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   SoCal checkin' in (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=655965)

Lee H 07-07-2013 02:42 PM

Re: SoCal checkin' in

HEI or Points? Use the timing light to find which cylinder is not firing, then swap a wire to see if that changes anything.

VDOG 07-07-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69Rumbler (Post 6160935)
Cylinder issue one of them is not firing ... I check the order ... Timing ... Just out all new wires cap and rotor .. So I have no clue what to do ... And now it starting to back fire when intake my foot off the gas ( some times ) noting to bad but it still dose it
Posted via Mobile Device

How are the plugs? Right gap, fouled out, still sounds like timing to me.

hopped up 07-07-2013 03:31 PM

sounds like timing to me too. do you have a holley carb? could be a power valve issue
Posted via Mobile Device

jserrato714 07-07-2013 09:14 PM

Its been a while since i contacted him....but i agree its your timing..move your dizzy around ...what exactly is it doing?have you checked compression? I had the same problem with my 350..timing was dead on but i had a cracked valve...motor had a cam and other goodies that it ran but had no power...

Posted via Mobile Device

69Rumbler 07-08-2013 02:45 PM

it an HEI ... i just changed everything and adjust the time and now im changing the intake gasket then going from there you can heard a leak from it .. then going to set the timing again its Cylinder 2 thats not working

C0UCH 07-12-2013 03:26 PM

I'm having similar troubles with mine. About two months or so ago I replaced the fuel pump, carb (Edelbrock 1405), fuel filter and air cleaner, plugs, wires, cap/rotor. Ran solid after up until about a week ago. Rough idle when in drive/reverse (running right around 650 rpm in drive). Sluggish acceleration but once going it runs strong.

I replaced the fuel filter but no change. Pulled the idle screws and blew everything out but I'm thinking I'm going to have to pull the carb apart and clean it completely out. I can't find any vacuum leaks.

VDOG 07-13-2013 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0UCH (Post 6169674)
I'm having similar troubles with mine. About two months or so ago I replaced the fuel pump, carb (Edelbrock 1405), fuel filter and air cleaner, plugs, wires, cap/rotor. Ran solid after up until about a week ago. Rough idle when in drive/reverse (running right around 650 rpm in drive). Sluggish acceleration but once going it runs strong.

I replaced the fuel filter but no change. Pulled the idle screws and blew everything out but I'm thinking I'm going to have to pull the carb apart and clean it completely out. I can't find any vacuum leaks.

Thats a timing issue. Could be your vacuum advance. I had to go with an adjustable vacuum advance to correct my timing issues.

Nitroblood 07-16-2013 02:55 AM

It's possible that either the cam and crank gears are not lined up, dot to dot or the distributor gear is off the cam gear by a tooth. Just a thought(s)

VDOG 07-16-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitroblood (Post 6175170)
It's possible that either the cam and crank gears are not lined up, dot to dot or the distributor gear is off the cam gear by a tooth. Just a thought(s)

Nitro, where you been bro? Hows the family?

69Rumbler 07-17-2013 09:13 PM

got everything working just trying to figure out the kick down switch on my th400 .. i got an edelbrock Carb .. anyone have any pictures of some connected ? i seen the B & M one but i have no idea how it would work are to hook it up ..
Thanks in advance

C0UCH 07-19-2013 02:57 PM

Can any of you guys recommend a good engine machine shop in the North Orange County area? I'm in Old Towne Orange. Pulling my engine today and plan to rebuild within the next few weeks. I have my own machine shop but my mill is too small or I would do it myself.

jserrato714 07-19-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0UCH (Post 6180676)
Can any of you guys recommend a good engine machine shop in the North Orange County area? I'm in Old Towne Orange. Pulling my engine today and plan to rebuild within the next few weeks. I have my own machine shop but my mill is too small or I would do it myself.

If you got the money go to orange engine rebuilding in anacrime I mean Anaheim...There's Valenzuela's on Batavia...I have used them before...most of my motors I take to an old school machine shop on cypress st. If you don't mind waiting a while john hollins knows his stuff but he is an older fellow and takes his time since he's a one man show.. @ hollins machine shop.

jd7 07-20-2013 03:22 PM

Canoga Park ... San Fernando Valley. A tailgate @ Pomona Swapmeet does sound interesting

69Rumbler 07-20-2013 03:25 PM

We tailgating Pomona swap meet ? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

jd7 07-20-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69Rumbler (Post 6159530)
Any one on here know a good mechanic ?? I found some one but dude not to reliable and really don't know as much as he says he dose lol .. But I guess that what happens when you have a 350 every one can fix it lol
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm in the Valley been turning a wrench almost 25yrs.

69Rumbler 07-20-2013 04:14 PM

Good to know man send me your number and you can be my new mechanic .. We are not to far from each other
Posted via Mobile Device

69Rumbler 07-21-2013 05:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If any one wants a free bed liner let me know it can out of my LWB
Posted via Mobile Device

ItsRandy 07-29-2013 07:45 PM

Hello (echo, echo, echo). Is anyone here (echo, echo, echo)?

What? Did you guys fall off the face of the earth?

jserrato714 07-29-2013 08:10 PM

Yeah its been quite as of late...so whats up with the cruise boys?
Posted via Mobile Device

69Rumbler 07-29-2013 09:06 PM

Any one going to Pomoa ... I thought my free Bed liner scared people away lol
Posted via Mobile Device

VWNate1 07-29-2013 10:07 PM

Re : PO-Mona Swap Meet

When is the next one ? .

I love going there just to walk and talk to the people I meet , I always learn new things .

cheyenne shortstep 07-29-2013 10:14 PM

I will be at Pomona as always Road 3 space 16, stop by and say hi. I have a LOAD for this one, might need 3 spots instead of 2.

69Rumbler 07-29-2013 10:44 PM

Cool man ! I will for sure stop by .. And say what's up any one know where I can get a chevy only sticker lol and the c10 club one to hah.. One thing about that place is I love to see trucks way over priced lol makes me feel good about mine
Posted via Mobile Device

hopped up 07-30-2013 12:12 AM

ill be there. ill stop by and say whats up tremane
Posted via Mobile Device

hopped up 07-30-2013 11:02 AM

well this is what i woke up to this morning. luckily for the guys , i didnt catch them .because i wouldnt have been very nice if i had caught them in my truck
[IMG]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...730_063405.jpg[/IMG]
wierd thing is they didnt take anything. my ipod ,toolbox,skateboard all fine and still in my truck although they did take some tax papers i had in there that have my social security nunber on it . i made a report and aslo filed a credit alert so they hopefulky cant do anything with my ss number
Posted via Mobile Device

vegadesign 07-30-2013 11:12 AM

anyone going to the ventura nationals?? i might make the drive up there depending if my truck is in the mood too haha

august 31st 2013 ventura fairgrounds

Ol Blue K20 07-30-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopped up (Post 6196535)
well this is what i woke up to this morning. luckily for the guys , i didnt catch them .because i wouldnt have been very nice if i had caught them in my truck
[IMG]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...730_063405.jpg[/IMG]
wierd thing is they didnt take anything. my ipod ,toolbox,skateboard all fine and still in my truck although they did take some tax papers i had in there that have my social security nunber on it . i made a report and aslo filed a credit alert so they hopefulky cant do anything with my ss number
Posted via Mobile Device

That sucks, don't you wish they would just find a job instead of being a thief.

69Rumbler 07-30-2013 11:39 AM

**** I would of rather bad them take the stuff then the SS number man ! That's sucks .. But you should never leave anything in your truck that people can see gives them a reason to
Posted via Mobile Device

hopped up 07-30-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegadesign (Post 6196548)
anyone going to the ventura nationals?? i might make the drive up there depending if my truck is in the mood too haha

august 31st 2013 ventura fairgrounds

ill be there in my c10 on saturday. love that show.
Posted via Mobile Device

jserrato714 07-30-2013 01:41 PM

Fkn tweakers...sorry for the loss bro....Would be nice if we lived in texas and you caught them red handed...Its desert eagle time!
Posted via Mobile Device

hopped up 07-31-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jserrato714 (Post 6196762)
Fkn tweakers...sorry for the loss bro....Would be nice if we lived in texas and you caught them red handed...Its desert eagle time!
Posted via Mobile Device

one of the few reasons to live in texas. prob the only one lol. ill stay in l.a haha
Posted via Mobile Device

KevsClassics 07-31-2013 12:58 PM

Ok my C/10 brothers time for a road trip. Well worth the miles. :metal:

8th Annual C/10 CLUB Get Together

VDOG 08-02-2013 04:06 AM

Andy sorry to see some knuckleheads messed with your truck.

Randy were here, and yes it has been quiet up in here. When is the Pomona Swapmeet? If its this Sunday I cant make it.

The San Diego cruise showed me that I need to change and fix a few things on my truck. So I might be a bit cruise shy for now. LOL

Keithpep 08-02-2013 09:27 AM

I know it's not considered So. cal, but how many members hail from Bakersfield?
Posted via Mobile Device

VWNate1 08-02-2013 09:42 AM

Re : Baker'sPatch , Ca.

I don't but I still like Buck Owens a great deal ! :metal: .

I rather like much of Bakersfield too , remember the short lived TV Show Bakerield P.D. ? .

VDOG 08-02-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpep (Post 6201206)
I know it's not considered So. cal, but how many members hail from Bakersfield?
Posted via Mobile Device

We call it SoCal Checking in, but if you start at the first page, you will see members from all over Cali and other states. This is how we all met. The members in Fresno, A****er, Sactown, AZ, Utah, Nevada, etc, we met here.

Im sure there are a few near you. Search this post because everyone does not check in all the time. Even though your in Bakersfield, your part of SoCal.

Ol Blue K20 08-02-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 6201470)
We call it SoCal Checking in, but if you start at the first page, you will see members from all over Cali and other states. This is how we all met. The members in Fresno, A****er, Sactown, AZ, Utah, Nevada, etc, we met here.

Im sure there are a few near you. Search this post because everyone does not check in all the time. Even though your in Bakersfield, your part of SoCal.

I'm from Nor Cal and I still check in, also a lot of members haven't found this part of the forum yet...

cheyenne shortstep 08-02-2013 01:05 PM

Who's going to the Vista Rod Run Sun Aug 4th? It is a small town show but always a good time.

VDOG 08-05-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsRandy (Post 6195631)
Hello (echo, echo, echo). Is anyone here (echo, echo, echo)?

What? Did you guys fall off the face of the earth?

Hey Randy, whats going on? Are you planning a cruise? Or need help with your truck? You know were down for a drive if you need help. :metal:

ItsRandy 08-05-2013 11:57 PM

Just gettin' ready to cut -n- buff my truck and I am scared to death. I need to try and get my paint to look as close to the paint on the prom queen as I can...real slick.

A cruise? I'm up for a cruise.