The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today part III (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=644788)

TJ's Chevy 05-25-2015 03:00 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today part III

Reset the points on crustine's dizzy today. .016 is the recommended gap...I think I had them at some .024. lol Might be why she idle a little rough sometimes. New dizzy on its way though.

LDO 05-25-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 7184027)
Got the steering on finally

Like the dash insert? More info please?

LDO 05-25-2015 04:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's what I did!

Started with the first picture.

Ended with the last two pictures. Believe it or not, progress was made. I probably have one more treatment before all the old paint is gone, then some primer to keep it from flashing over before the raptor liner goes on.

Now I gotta figure out what holes to keep! :lol:

iceship 05-25-2015 06:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It's not my truck, but it's going to free up some space and get tons of use. .. old Island out of kitchen who know...

Lugnutz65 05-25-2015 06:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LDO (Post 7185274)
Here's what I did!

Started with the first picture.

Ended with the last two pictures. Believe it or not, progress was made. I probably have one more treatment before all the old paint is gone, then some primer to keep it from flashing over before the raptor liner goes on.

Now I gotta figure out what holes to keep! :lol:

Been there brother! I can feel your pain. LOL!
I bought a bunch of the plastic plugs that are used to hold the OEM style pad in place. I plan to use the plugs until I figure out (like you) which ones are keepers. Needless to say, it's a slow process. I can shoot you some pics of my 1965 firewall in different stages of reassembly so you can tell what goes where. Just shoot me a PM with your email.
Why do you have a BIG square hole where the "through the firewall" main connection goes?

schpeen 05-26-2015 01:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed traction control to the bed

LDO 05-26-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lugnutz65 (Post 7185414)

Why do you have a BIG square hole where the "through the firewall" main connection goes?

Thanks I appreciate that! Ahhh, yes, the awesome PO Mod hole that you are referring to is a special option that was only available on one truck. So I have a rare truck indeed. Not really, the po cut a ginormous hole to fit some fuse panel there. The wiring on this truck looked like a monkey on crack did it.

Lugnutz65 05-26-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDO (Post 7185990)
Thanks I appreciate that! Ahhh, yes, the awesome PO Mod hole that you are referring to is a special option that was only available on one truck. So I have a rare truck indeed. Not really, the po cut a ginormous hole to fit some fuse panel there. The wiring on this truck looked like a monkey on crack did it.

I can trace a pattern for that area in case you want to make a repair that will match the way it was from the factory. Lemme know.

LDO 05-26-2015 07:57 AM

thanks alot but another member here sent me a section of firewall for me to weld in. Pretty cool deal actually.

PM on the way.

Chevy Fleetside 05-26-2015 10:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I only kept a few holes. Since I used a different gas pedal I used the old linkage hole to feed my wires to the engine.

TJ's Chevy 05-26-2015 11:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Pictures of the P/b booster offset mount for Lugnutz. No that's not a brake fluid leak. lol

jtrichard 05-26-2015 08:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
NOT all today but getting more done on 63 GMC V6 to 350 swap and a few updates like headlight relays, daytime running headlights (low beam on with key and switches to park lights when light switch is pulled on) (relays are so nice) built my own engine wiring harness, found a nice flex line for the HYD.clutch, installed horn relay, horns from a 80 Oldsmobile (behind headlights/grill)

pimpston65 05-27-2015 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
welded and ground down my original worn out clutch bits

TJ's Chevy 05-27-2015 04:31 PM

Looks like the throttle shaft from here. lol

jtrichard 05-27-2015 05:27 PM

Good for another 200,000 miles...... nice job

OldChevy61 05-27-2015 05:43 PM

Picked up a set of 462 heads to go with the short block from last week.

wilbur46 05-27-2015 08:24 PM

I'm such a freekin cheapskate that I dismantled 2 fuel tank senders and made 1 that worked!
They were both in a junk pile, but one had a broken fitting, and the other had a rusty resistor assembly.
10 minutes later---Tah-Dah!!
:chevy:

jtrichard 05-27-2015 08:58 PM

You cant do that with the junk they build today LOL

pimpston65 05-28-2015 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtrichard (Post 7188265)
You cant do that with the junk they build today LOL

yeah, are parts i'll call them "old" parts. i call parts of todays vehicles "junk" parts!!!

pimpston65 05-28-2015 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy (Post 7187861)
Looks like the throttle shaft from here. lol

they do look simular, but the other end of this rod isnt threaded its that same as the pic. i just shiwed one end for detail sake...

Chevy Fleetside 05-28-2015 08:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I ordered these knock offs and tried them on today. I just don't like them. They look a little better with the trim ring but still not that much. Back they go. :uhmk:

iceman777 05-29-2015 02:07 PM

after 5 long months my truck past an m.o.t,this is what we have to have in England, so after sorting out the turn signals,horn ,front lights,new hand brake to go with the power brakes,it is on the road,now im gonna driver the arse off it :devil:

1963c-10 05-29-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy Fleetside (Post 7189580)
I ordered these knock offs and tried them on today. I just don't like them. They look a little better with the trim ring but still not that much. Back they go. :uhmk:

Agreed. I think if they didn't stick out so far they'd look much better. But I have always wondered how they'd look on our trucks.

TJ's Chevy 05-29-2015 02:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
New parts in! Yeehaw! :metal:

Pappyx3! 05-29-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman777 (Post 7190513)
after 5 long months my truck past an m.o.t,this is what we have to have in England, so after sorting out the turn signals,horn ,front lights,new hand brake to go with the power brakes,it is on the road,now im gonna driver the arse off it :devil:

Congrats! how about some pics of that first ride?