The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

dewey777 08-01-2012 12:52 AM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

1 Attachment(s)
Installed the visor, thinking I will paint it and the roof white.........

TX58 08-01-2012 01:10 AM

Nice, is it metal? Mine is fiberglass, don't like it too much. It's got waves and other things that drive me crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Daze57 08-01-2012 03:53 AM

i just looked at it as it was too hot after i got home from my cancer Dr.'' 5 years cancer free!''

best news i have heard all day !

lowdownstar 08-01-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mknittle (Post 5516550)
i just looked at it as it was too hot after i got home from my cancer Dr. 5 years cancer free!
tomrrow I will get back to the floor on my truck.

That is great news! I can't wait to here you say 10 years, then 20 then life!!!

Keep the faith and keep working on that truck.lol

Ray

Russell Ashley 08-01-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daze57 (Post 5516834)
i just looked at it as it was too hot after i got home from my cancer Dr.'' 5 years cancer free!''

Congratulations. Eleven years for me.

mknittle 08-01-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowdownstar (Post 5516872)
That is great news! I can't wait to here you say 10 years, then 20 then life!!!

Keep the faith and keep working on that truck.lol

Ray

Thanks Ray.

mknittle 08-01-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Ashley (Post 5516986)
Congratulations. Eleven years for me.

Congratulations. to you too Russel 11 years is great!!

I am pretty lucky I had brain Cancer, it couldnt have done much damage there:lol:

mknittle 08-01-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daze57 (Post 5516834)

Thanks Daze, me too it sure could have been worse I was driving a logging truck when I had the first seazure. 75000#s of logs and truck. i managed to get stopped then drove 5 miles to find a place to park.Sort of a hard day at the office:lol:

mknittle 08-01-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewey777 (Post 5516670)
Installed the visor, thinking I will paint it and the roof white.........

looks nice:metal:

mknittle 08-01-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX58 (Post 5516635)
Fabric came in today for my seat, taking it to the upholstery shop tomorrow.
It's vintage material that was used in impalas, not sure what year but I liked the pattern and the shade of black that it was.
Posted via Mobile Device

is that the 'hounds tooth" pattern?

dewey777 08-01-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX58 (Post 5516708)
Nice, is it metal? Mine is fiberglass, don't like it too much. It's got waves and other things that drive me crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

It is fiberglass. Seems to be decent quality, I picked it up at a swap meet and kind of forgot about it until recently when I was cleaning out the shed. Fits really nice and has no waves in it. We will see what happens when it gets out in the sun for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device

OrrieG 08-01-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mknittle (Post 5517040)
Thanks Daze, me too it sure could have been worse I was driving a logging truck when I had the first seazure. 75000#s of logs and truck. i managed to get stopped then drove 5 miles to find a place to park.Sort of a hard day at the office:lol:

Yes it could have been. In the 80's I had a friend in his early 40's driving his family on vacation, he was in the motor home with his daughter and a couple of their friends, wife was following in the Jeep with another son. He had a massive heart attack driving 60 on a two lane rural road. Some how managed to hang on long enough to get is slowed down so it just slowly stopped on the shoulder. It was in the middle of nowhere but did not make any difference, aeorta exploded.

Daze, glad to hear you are still cancer free. My Mom lived 15 years after she was diagnosed with inoperable, etc. lung cancer, then went into spontaneous remission after going to a faith healer.

I worked on the drink holders and minor stuff under the seats. Manged to punch a 1/16" hole in the front of one leather seat, grrr, but now I don't have to worry about hurting them. It is where you can't seem it and I will get some of that fixing goo so it doesn't spread.

mknittle 08-01-2012 03:43 PM

just goes to show it only takes a fraction of a second and lifes are changed.

mknittle 08-01-2012 08:07 PM

i worked on my floor supports and cleaned up where the cross brace is going. Then punched some holes for plug welds on the floor. in the morning I will change the posision of the temporary brace on the cab supports. I will also get the floor braces in that go from the toe board to the beace in front of the seat.That is if Murphy leaves me alone

mknittle 08-01-2012 10:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
som pics top left is the new floor support They are 12Ga with pockets made from tubing and grade 8 washers.Bottom is the new cross brace. and top right is the floor supports with temporary brace and the cross brace. The 2 tubes on top will tie the cross brace and the floor supports to the toe board.

dcmalone 08-01-2012 10:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got the newly rebuilt engine installed over the weekend. I found that the one that was in it had about a pound of JB Weld on each side painted to hide the cracks. Good times with my father and my son. The replacement was built by us in my carport..honing and all.

dcmalone 08-01-2012 10:51 PM

Just to be clear, the top pic is the old one. lol

mknittle 08-01-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcmalone (Post 5518309)
Just to be clear, the top pic is the old one. lol

Yeah, been there too As I remember it was Some good times:metal:

vwjohnny 08-02-2012 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Manifolds and vac lines installed!
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

mknittle 08-02-2012 09:14 PM

Not much i just got started this morning and got a phone call, My dad had a front drive axle bearing cam apart in the log truck. so that was the end of that:lol:

beanyard 08-03-2012 12:51 AM

I went and looked at some panels and burbs. I am trying to decide if it is worth going across the country to get one that is mostly rust free when you could just buy one with some rust locally and save thousands.
Posted via Mobile Device

OrrieG 08-03-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanyard (Post 5520258)
I went and looked at some panels and burbs. I am trying to decide if it is worth going across the country to get one that is mostly rust free when you could just buy one with some rust locally and save thousands.
Posted via Mobile Device

Depends on if the rust is in a place where you can get replacement panels or not. I think everything from the doors forward is same a pickup, but back quarters and doors are unique and not reproduced. Whats your time worth and do you relish the challenge of doing the bodywork??

beanyard 08-03-2012 01:32 AM

I think between what Jim carter sells and a donor truck cab it would be covered. Hard to say though.
Posted via Mobile Device

arturo7 08-03-2012 02:29 AM

Laid down the green and picked up the pink.

OrrieG 08-03-2012 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing, but got to ride in the right cockpit seat on a Piper PA-42 Cheyenne for a business trip. Had a blast, wish I had learned to fly. Sun prohibitted any better photo with the phone cam.