The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

72c20customcamper 04-16-2021 04:14 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

1 Attachment(s)
Laid out the floorplan on my new home .:lol::metal:

LEEVON 04-16-2021 04:18 PM

Laid up, day 3 of recovery from having a section of my colon removed. Unfortunately my request to hand select nurses for a sponge bath was denied.

kingsolver72 04-16-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8909304)
Laid out the floorplan on my new home .

I’d say perfect but the bedroom looks rather large.:lol:

1slo64 04-16-2021 04:21 PM

Moved the project out into the sun to get a better view of how it is sitting. Hoping to get body work done and primed in the next few weeks.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...0c0f0ac5_c.jpg

67C10Step 04-16-2021 04:33 PM

Received my additional LED lights for the shop and picked up some junction boxes while I was out and about today. Going to start putting them in later if the wife doesn't have other plans for me.

I have twelve four foot, 40W LED lights in there now but when I was priming and painting my bed supports last weekend I realized I didn't have nearly enough light to see to tackle the bed pieces so I ordered 10 more.

72c20customcamper 04-16-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEEVON (Post 8909307)
Laid up, day 3 of recovery from having a section of my colon removed. Unfortunately my request to hand select nurses for a sponge bath was denied.

Hopeing for a speedy recovery .

Ol Blue K20 04-16-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8909328)
Hopeing for a speedy recovery .

X2 and hoping all went well! :metal:

lil hoodlum 04-16-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsolver72 (Post 8909308)
I’d say perfect but the bedroom looks rather large.:lol:

I was thinking along the lines that you really don't need the bathroom.... Showers are so overrated anyways...

special-K 04-17-2021 07:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Why waste floor space? Can't you build a loft for the living quarters? :cool:
My sister and b.i.l. bought land in Maine, put up a shop with heated floor, and built a two story place to live at one end. He may be in Maine and it may have cold winters, but he wake up, grab a coffee, and slip out into the shop in his socks.
This only shows the screened room added off the back (for summer kitchen/dining room) with a little bit of shop showing
Quote:

Leevon, I hope you recover quickly. Sorry about the nurse thing. They really should be more selective in their sponge bath giver hiring practices

mr.mud1 04-17-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

looks perfect to to me but do you think the kitchen's a little big??

72c20customcamper 04-17-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8909523)
Why waste floor space? Can't you build a loft for the living quarters? :cool:
My sister and b.i.l. bought land in Maine, put up a shop with heated floor, and built a two story place to live at one end. He may be in Maine and it may have cold winters, but he wake up, grab a coffee, and slip out into the shop in his socks.
This only shows the screened room added off the back (for summer kitchen/dining room) with a little bit of shop showing

Leevon, I hope you recover quickly. Sorry about the nurse thing. They really should be more selective in their sponge bath giver hiring practices

As I get older I hate stairs so my next place will definitely be a ranch
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 8909536)
looks perfect to to me but do you think the kitchen's a little big??

I like to cook too;)

Rickysnickers 04-17-2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

WOW!!! Hope you are doing ok!!!

1976gmc20 04-17-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

shop with heated floor, and built a two story place to live at one end
There was some folks on the "divide" on 87 that built a place like that. We visited there a time or two. It was an interesting idea but I didn't particularly like their execution of it.

Quote:

As I get older I hate stairs so my next place will definitely be a ranch
Definitely getting more difficult :(

special-K 04-17-2021 11:14 AM

If you don't want stairs then you'll have to do a bump-out for those so called "necessities". You can get those roll-off yard sheds pretty cheap.

I hear a lot of people saying they don't want stairs anymore, or looking ahead not wanting them. Hasn't hit me yet. I hope I can keep saying that. But my place further down the line I want compact, so I doubt I'll need a second floor.

1976gmc20 04-17-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8909619)
If you don't want stairs then you'll have to do a bump-out for those so called "necessities". You can get those roll-off yard sheds pretty cheap.

I hear a lot of people saying they don't want stairs anymore, or looking ahead not wanting them. Hasn't hit me yet. I hope I can keep saying that. But my place further down the line I want compact, so I doubt I'll need a second floor.

If I was alone, I'd probably live in a 16x24 cabin. Or maybe a pickup camper and just wander?

About six weeks ago I did something to an S-I joint and it's been hell since then. I'm suddenly ten years older :(

FleetsidePaul 04-17-2021 12:28 PM

My balance is so bad that I avoid stairs like the plague. I can go up stairs with no problem. But coming back down is a whole different story. I hang onto the rail for dear life.

This is a fairly recent problem. I never had a problem with stairs when I was younger. But now I have some medical issues that make my balance go haywire. I walk fine but I have to be careful or I'll fall down. And forget ladders. No way.

My last house was a 2 story house. I lived there about 17 years with no problem.

I'll never forget. My ex bought one of those stair stepper exercise things. Why? We had a staircase. Just use that. :confused::rolleyes:

I think she used that stair stepper once. Just like her treadmill that took up a bunch of room and never got used. Waste of money.

72c20customcamper 04-17-2021 12:51 PM

No real problem with stairs . Just my shop is in the basement of this house. All my tools are there so when I'm working on a car either in the barn or in the driveway it's up and down all day long. Barn is a hay barn so it's very dusty and when it rains its wet. From the openings in the siding

1976gmc20 04-17-2021 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
??

57taskforce 04-18-2021 11:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Started building my 12x12 shed, plan is to have a 1/2 loft up top for extra storage. Would like to be mostly done in a week or two. Well see what happens.
First picture was yesterday, the rest all today.

This weekend, I also raked the back yard and re seeded it, as well as getting my irrigation pump set back up for the summer. I’ve watered the fresh seed 2 times a day since Friday. Hope to see seedlings soon.

67C10Step 04-19-2021 09:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Busy weekend on everything but the truck. Added more LED lights so I can actually see what I am doing and re-gravelled the drive up to the shop.

FleetsidePaul 04-20-2021 02:50 PM

I just made my world famous BBQ sauce. (Ok it's not world famous but it's pretty darned good). I use the induction cooktop. I doesn't burn the sauce.

I cook it low and slow. 18 ingredients. It's a pain to make. And it takes some time. But it's worth it.

Thin sliced BBQ beef sandwiches on fresh rolls tonight. Yummy! :bann:

If I have the energy. (Which I probably won't). I'll make my world famous potato salad to go with them. (Ok it's not world famous either but it's dang good too):lol:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/.../BBQ_Sauce.jpg

special-K 04-21-2021 06:03 AM

It used to be once a thing became well known around the world it became "world famous". As per CG's thread on the topsy turvy world, we now call whatever we want world famous in hope that will help it become that. I see world famous products, usually food, that I never heard of all the time. Hooter's claims their wings are world famous. I never knew that. That ain't what I heard they are famous for! :frog:

Getter-Done 04-21-2021 06:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8911216)
It used to be once a thing became well known around the world it became "world famous". As per CG's thread on the topsy turvy world, we now call whatever we want world famous in hope that will help it become that. I see world famous products, usually food, that I never heard of all the time. Hooter's claims their wings are world famous. I never knew that. That ain't what I heard they are famous for! :frog:

That's what I used to go there for;)

The Wings:ito:

Attachment 2097135

FleetsidePaul 04-21-2021 08:25 AM

Believe it or not I have never been to a Hooters. But I have heard that the wings are really good. My wife of all people told me so. :lol:

I asked her why she went to Hooters and it seems that there was a guy at her work retiring and that's where he wanted his retirement party.:metal:

1976gmc20 04-21-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8911268)
Believe it or not I have never been to a Hooters. ...

Same here, but even crazier a supervisor on a contract hosted a get together at Tilted Kilt :uhmk:

I had just got off the plane in San Diego after leaving snowy Montana about 12 hours before, and then got picked up and taken to this place to meet the team.

That's just too much shock for an old country boy!