The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

57taskforce 05-07-2021 09:13 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8918201)
Found my valve noise on the 496 in my Chevelle #6 exhaust valve lock nut was loose causing the adjuster to back off . Only thing that stopped it from coming off it hit the valve cover. Cam looked perfect so I adjusted all the valves started her and no more clacking. Little strange as the motor was broke in on a dyno ran flawlessly.

Are your rocker studs still tight? I’ve seen the screw in studs back out before. Obviously the pressed in studs are known to pull out from time to time.

72c20customcamper 05-07-2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 8918285)
Are your rocker studs still tight? I’ve seen the screw in studs back out before. Obviously the pressed in studs are known to pull out from time to time.

Yes all the studs were still tight . Thinking the builder missed this one

Boog 05-07-2021 09:39 PM

Catastrophe averted! ;)

67C10Step 05-10-2021 10:58 AM

Golf cart weekend this weekend. Removed all the batteries and purchased a new set. They were six years old so it was time. Cleaned up the battery support frame, painted, installed new batteries and cables. Cart is ready for another six years I hope.

GOPAPA 05-10-2021 11:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8919182)
Golf cart weekend this weekend. Removed all the batteries and purchased a new set. They were six years old so it was time. Cleaned up the battery support frame, painted, installed new batteries and cables. Cart is ready for another six years I hope.

I too,,was in the cleaning metal up -difference is,,, you competed yours and I have more to do.. :) good job you did by the way ..

I prepping the floorboard of my 39 for new underlay and carpet ..took some of the carpet out to move the hole for the new transmission shifter.

Attachment 2101005

72c20customcamper 05-10-2021 06:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Never in a million years would I thought I’d be wet sanding and buffing out a 2005 Accord . My daughters neighbor decided he was going to paint his fence . Pressure washed a few weeks ago no problems . He then rented a sprayer well wind and oil based primer isn’t a good thing and the fact the fence is along the driveway he sprayed right though it . Car has overspray all over it . I wet sanded the whole car then hit it with a rotary then a orbital . Finished the hood and the front fenders today .

Boog 05-10-2021 07:22 PM

Filling in ruts and spreading grass seed. The elder widow next door has had some yard work done on separate occasions and the dump truck and trailer guys used my yard as a big old turn around and of course left major ruts. They ran off her concrete driveway onto my yard, and left it that way. She is such a good neighbor and feels so bad about it, I just wouldn't complain. We've been friends and good neighbors for 30 years. Just wouldn't with what they have been through. Anyway I hauled in some top soil to fill and spread some seed. I had a few low spots needing filling in else where anyway.

Steeveedee 05-10-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8919320)
Never in a million years would I thought I’d be wet sanding and buffing out a 2005 civic . My daughters neighbor decided he was going to paint his fence . Pressure washed a few weeks ago no problems . He then rented a sprayer well wind and oil based primer isn’t a good thing and the fact the fence is along the driveway he sprayed right though it . Car has overspray all over it . I wet sanded the whole car then hit it with a rotary then a orbital . Finished the hood and the front fenders today .

Must otherwise be a really nice neighbor, is all I'm going to say about this.

72c20customcamper 05-10-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8919359)
Must otherwise be a really nice neighbor, is all I'm going to say about this.

Good guy not to brite but he is paying for me to do this , my daughter had two estimates from detail shops I'm doing it for a little less. Also paying to power wash the driveway

1slo64 05-10-2021 10:26 PM

Sold my tahoe after 1 day of being out on the road. New owner is picking it up tomorrow, quickest and easiest vehicle sale I've had.

Steeveedee 05-10-2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8919368)
Good guy not to brite but he is paying for me to do this , my daughter had two estimates from detail shops I'm doing it for a little less. Also paying to power wash the driveway

Well, that's pretty good, then! My neighbor on one side here is one of those "people who have strong fences makes good neighbors" types. Fences are one thing, but surveillance cameras really do make good neighbors. ;) I'd just as soon not have crazy neighbors like that.

mr.mud1 05-10-2021 11:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i hauled my homemade trailer and Dodge truck from storage after being inside all winter.i had a few things to do to the trailer such as service the trailer hubs & brakes,check the lights,get my my new weight distributing hitch ready,a coat of paint and the truck also needed some TLC.i wanted to be ready to hit the road,whenever it is that the border restrictions are lifted and i can drive to the Maine/New Brunswick to finally get my hands on my 72 Cheyenne Super 20 big block truck that i bought last year in Utah but couldn't go get it with the covid mess and the border shutdown.the truck had made it,by car carrier, to the Canada/US border in Maine a week or two ago,where it waits some more for me.the border right here between Nova Scotia and New Brunswick is closed as well as the Canada/US border but we're hopeful that in the next week or so,the travel restrictions will be lifted and i can finally go get my old truck and bring her home.

FleetsidePaul 05-11-2021 03:55 AM

Today I tried to poop out my new puppy. To wear her out so I could get some sleep.

As I type this it is well after midnight and she's still running at full throttle.

I failed. She wins. And it's going to be a long night. :smoke:

Boog 05-11-2021 08:20 AM

Way to go for stepping up and taking an all nighter with the pup while the working wife sleeps. ;)

Ol Blue K20 05-11-2021 09:21 AM

I hope ya get a nap today!

bnorth 05-11-2021 02:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Laid new sod after doing the dirt work to match grade to the driveway and curb I paved last summer. Also a new house number my wife wanted made.

Getter-Done 05-11-2021 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8919486)
Today I tried to poop out my new puppy. To wear her out so I could get some sleep.

As I type this it is well after midnight and she's still running at full throttle.

Here is my Trick.:lol:
I know where she will be:ito:

Attachment 2101344

burnin oil 05-12-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8919486)

I know that feeling. The wife's new puppy is the same. We ran her up the driveway behind the jeep twice and she was still wanting to play. That's a 1/4 mile of mtn each trip up. Our older dog, a coon hound, had enough and running the driveway is his biggest thrill.

67ChevyRedneck 05-12-2021 02:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Installed an attic fan with a smart feature thingy.

It legit works.

The A/C guy that just completely redid our upstairs system (to include fixing the duct work that was done wrong) said our attic was way too damn hot (it was like a 75* day it was installed and the attic was over 100*.)

It was in the low 80's the day this was done and it was 105* in the attic. I set it up for low speed from 95-115* and high speed 155*+.

It pulled the temp down from 105* to it's shutoff speed at 95* in about 2 hours. You can barely hear the low speed run.

1970 CST Short Wide 05-12-2021 03:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got a couple of New Projects to work on. Got them for $100 each

Boog 05-12-2021 03:25 PM

I like mini bikes. I don't need one but would like to have one too.

Ol Blue K20 05-12-2021 04:26 PM

They look like fun!

1970 CST Short Wide 05-13-2021 11:52 AM

The Black one obviously was in a fire. It runs just needs cleaned up and front end replaced. The Honda clone has compression, just haven’t played with it yet.

57taskforce 05-14-2021 02:27 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Swapped a new heartbeat into the 79 c10 I recently acquired and plan to sell. It’s a used Vortec 350 with a 4bbl manifold.

GOPAPA 05-14-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 8920662)
Swapped a new heartbeat into the 79 c10 I recently acquired and plan to sell. It’s a used Vortec 350 with a 4bbl manifold.

You are a hard worker.. I always wanted to do what you are doing ,and come out ahead ,I tried it once but paid to much to start with and barely came out of it with not losing much.. I just gotta ask.. how much profit will you be coming out with after the motor gets in it ,,and you sell it. I'm not asking for a friend,, I am asking for me so I can compare it what I did one time some years ago..:)