The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today part IV (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=729696)

Pitpig 02-02-2021 07:37 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today part IV

1 Attachment(s)
Bolted bed together. Had to fiddle some as it’s a 7 footer. Long story

forestb 02-02-2021 08:08 PM

Was it easier doing it upside down?;)

forestb 02-06-2021 07:08 PM

I yanked out my kick penal speakers that I was vary happy with. The reason I had to do so was because I blocked off my vents the air pressure inside the cab when I shut my doors caused the bondo and paint in my roof to crack. Real bummer but I don’t want my paint cracking :waah::waah:

The Rocknrod 02-06-2021 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Put my engine in by myself. :)

forestb 02-06-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocknrod (Post 8876150)

oooo looks good

racecougar 02-06-2021 10:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Reinstalled the freshly painted core support and grill support, installed the VA condenser, trans cooler, associated lines, etc.

jbgroby 02-08-2021 12:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Treated the truck to a new console cupholder from www.cupholdersplus.com $165 w/Free Shipping

I also order 2 Rockford Fosgate 6.5" speakers to be installed on each side (comes pre-cut), I'll make up 2 quick disconnects incase I have to remove the console if needed.

vin63 02-08-2021 12:47 PM

Nice, Jacob! Does it stay pretty stable on the trans hump (what keeps it from sliding around)?

jbgroby 02-08-2021 01:00 PM

The two 'wings' are bendable and fit the trans hump very well.

AcampoDave 02-08-2021 11:50 PM

Wow, nice interior JB

forestb 02-09-2021 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 8877010)
Treated the truck to a new console cupholder from www.cupholdersplus.com $165 w/Free Shipping

I also order 2 Rockford Fosgate 6.5" speakers to be installed on each side (comes pre-cut), I'll make up 2 quick disconnects incase I have to remove the console if needed.

Is that a high hump or a low hump? Also is it under the dash as far as it can go?

jbgroby 02-09-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forestb (Post 8877354)
Is that a high hump or a low hump? Also is it under the dash as far as it can go?

I believe I have the Hugh hump as it about 7-8" higher than the floor

jbgroby 02-09-2021 11:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
got the first speaker in and mounted

jbgroby 02-09-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forestb (Post 8877354)

You can push it back about another 2-4".

forestb 02-09-2021 02:53 PM

I really need a speaker location and I really need cup holders but I love having that open space.

jbgroby 02-09-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forestb (Post 8877606)
I really need a speaker location and I really need cup holders but I love having that open space.

I'm making the speakers wire leads with quick RCA disconnects so I can remove the box if needed

jbgroby 02-09-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcampoDave (Post 8877348)
Wow, nice interior JB

Thank You.

Rob 61 apache 02-10-2021 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got my rockers/doors on hopefully have engine running next week

allchevy58 02-14-2021 06:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Installed some tie downs in the bed, straps would rub the sideboards when I used the tie downs on the outside of bed.

racecougar 02-14-2021 09:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Making progress on the Vintage Air install. Pulled a vacuum on the system today to check for leaks prior to buttoning everything up. It held 29 inHg for hours. :metal:

Pick121 02-14-2021 11:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Not super exciting, except to me! Finally did compression check, all 8 cylinders held at 150. Super happy about that, troubleshooting overheating and running rough/backfiring so glad to rule out compression. New spark plugs since the old ones out anyway. Passenger side rear plug had some oil on it but the compression was good so...
George still runs a little rough so tomorrow I will check timing.
Another thing I did was to finally track down a parasitic draw, thanks to instructions off YouTube I used a test lamp attached btwn battery Neg post and Neg cable, pulled fuses to see when the light goes out. Not a fuse, so started checking other inline fuses the PO had added. Finally tried the horn relay, that was it! Disconnected horn relay and light went out. Will check battery tomorrow morning, used to be if I kept battery connected overnight George woke up dead.
Also planning to switch out thermostat for the heck of it in case that was causing overheating.

vetnat 02-15-2021 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pick121 (Post 8880348)
Not super exciting, except to me! Finally did compression check, all 8 cylinders held at 150. Super happy about that, troubleshooting overheating and running rough/backfiring so glad to rule out compression. New spark plugs since the old ones out anyway. Passenger side rear plug had some oil on it but the compression was good so...
George still runs a little rough so tomorrow I will check timing.
Another thing I did was to finally track down a parasitic draw, thanks to instructions off YouTube I used a test lamp attached btwn battery Neg post and Neg cable, pulled fuses to see when the light goes out. Not a fuse, so started checking other inline fuses the PO had added. Finally tried the horn relay, that was it! Disconnected horn relay and light went out. Will check battery tomorrow morning, used to be if I kept battery connected overnight George woke up dead.
Also planning to switch out thermostat for the heck of it in case that was causing overheating.

So, to help me understand, you need a new horn relay? Interesting, wouldn't have thought about that as a source of draw.

Pick121 02-15-2021 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetnat (Post 8880391)
So, to help me understand, you need a new horn relay? Interesting, wouldn't have thought about that as a source of draw.

Yes, probably drawing somewhere else like the horn button on steering wheel, I will have to track it down. all I know is when I unplugged the relay the light went out! Just happy to stop the draw

J Williams 02-15-2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocknrod (Post 8876150)

Looks pretty!

J Williams 02-15-2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT65 (Post 8858719)
Finished wiring in the front turn signals/park lights, hard working on one leg, kinda broke a femur....

What a professional looking job! well done man