The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

1project2many 08-23-2012 10:34 AM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

Quote:

Also need to find a new seat. I need the room to fit my little fat arse behind the wheel.
Funny. Prolly want to pull that tank for extra room, no? ;)

I'm headed out to do some tuning on mine.

mknittle 08-24-2012 08:45 PM

:lol:I welded my home made kick panel patch in. Man it was a murphys law morning:lol: It came out ok though. hopefully the other side will go easier:lol:

weaintscared 08-24-2012 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got motor today
My build http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...32#post5555832

Russell Ashley 08-25-2012 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I put a new latch and stricker plate on my drivers side. I also re-painted the door panels while they were off to correct the hurry-up job I did the first time.

Then I actually used it. I went to Lowes and got a dozen bags of bark chips

RINC 08-26-2012 02:38 AM

Sweet ! Russell thats a purdy truck all loaded up !

Well today I called in a roll-back to give mine a lift to the shop

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...54Chevy014.jpg

Now all snug as pig stuffed in a blanket

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...54Chevy015.jpg

Ha ! Its nice to post a pic of it other than in me driveway :metal:

FRED 53 08-26-2012 08:31 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Got my 8 month project BEATER -patina truck done just in time for our 4 day rod run--went well performed well in the 30 mile parade--all new frame-off build with all original sheet metal put back on--( now time to sell it )--start another project

beanyard 08-26-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Ashley (Post 5556894)
I put a new latch and stricker plate on my drivers side. I also re-painted the door panels while they were off to correct the hurry-up job I did the first time.

I went to pick up Sheetrock in mine and they said "you arent putting it in there are ya?". The funny thing is that it hauls more than a modern 1/2 ton.
Posted via Mobile Device

OrrieG 08-26-2012 09:07 PM

This weekend scored two cheap speakers for the kicks ($5) so I will be able to upolster them. Found a NOS Trico Wiper squirted setup for 55-59 in my dads stuff ; will sell it to a stock restoration fanatic and get an electric set up for mine. Also finished modifying the VA under dash diffusers. Decided I am over thinking my ac hoses, tomorrow getting some grommets and cutting holes to stuff the hoses thru, worst case is I will be filling holes back in but not in the firewall.

hotrod1 08-26-2012 09:32 PM

Look up "ac hose bulkhead" in google images. U will see many solutions

arturo7 08-27-2012 12:39 AM

Went downtown for a couple cold ones. Showed some buddies pics of my truck. They all laughed. A lot.

I''ll show 'em...

danheit 08-28-2012 10:10 PM

Built my rear body mounts for the new frame. Just need to work out my fronts and I am on the short track to being on the road!

oldcouple 08-29-2012 12:33 AM

Figured out why my brake lights were not working, the original switch had died. How did one person install that thing? Had to grind off the screw heads inside the cab and drive it out, will put the screws in from the bottom and add nuts to the inside. Duct tape to the rescue to hold it in place till I can bolt it down.

Daze57 08-29-2012 12:43 AM

workin on dem dar relays to hookin up my sidewinder 'lectric fan - boy does dat pull some air in !

pvienneau 08-29-2012 06:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Did my first weld job for the drivers side corner bracket that supports the seat frame on my 49 project. Lots of grinding and making holes. All in all I think it is strong but not pretty.

OrrieG 08-29-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldcouple (Post 5563505)
Figured out why my brake lights were not working, the original switch had died. How did one person install that thing? Had to grind off the screw heads inside the cab and drive it out, will put the screws in from the bottom and add nuts to the inside. Duct tape to the rescue to hold it in place till I can bolt it down.

Hot glue, holds it in place but peals right off. Wife taught me that.

OrrieG 08-29-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arturo7 (Post 5559497)
Went downtown for a couple cold ones. Showed some buddies pics of my truck. They all laughed. A lot.

I''ll show 'em...

Bet they drive Honda's, Toyota's and Suburus????

Chevette 08-29-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Ashley (Post 5556894)

Russell: Your truck looks great! The wheels and wide whites really suit your truck. Very Cool.

la hi 08-29-2012 08:39 PM

I added a front sway bar to the 57 chevy. I will add the rear tomorow. Then I will look at the tracton master and see if I need that.

Russell Ashley 08-31-2012 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I installed my compressor and alternator mount. It moves the alternator to the drivers side and mounts the compressor where the alternator used to be. The compressor lines up with the crank and water pump pulleys but it looks like I will need a water pump pulley with an additional groove to make the alternator belt work.

Daze57 08-31-2012 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by arturo7

I''ll show 'em...

no offense sir but ask your buddies if they even know what they are lookin at !

arturo7 08-31-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daze57 (Post 5568456)
no offense sir but ask your buddies if they even know what they are lookin at !

It was all in fun, and no, they had no idea.

waybad 09-01-2012 09:19 PM

put new motor mounts in, bent the pan.... took the pan off.. fixed the dent..new gaskets,,,
leaked like the there were no gaskets,,, bought more gaskets,,,,, installed the gaskets to the block!!!!!! no leaks..whew!!!(YES).... fix one problem,,,,, create new problem,,, all in a LONG DAYS work... URGH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
then check craigslist,,,, free Avalanche seat!! big time score!! hopefully?????

Docs fitty6 09-02-2012 01:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fuel filter/pump and fuel lines w/press. gauge done, B&M ratchet shifter done, E-brake..done, fenderwell headers 'almost' done, wiring done, upholstery done, steering done, suspension done, radiator connected and filled, oil in engine and used an old dizzy drive to convert to a priming tool and primed the engine. (will do that again prior to fire up and break in). Put a newer, longer tranny fill tube in as well. Had to resort to 195-45 15 tires to clear the headers!
Bleeding the brakes is next and then a bit of exhaust work...should get me to the point of firing it off.
later

lowdownstar 09-02-2012 05:47 PM

I installed my flow masters today and the truck sounds great to bad my wife asked for a divorce, and left me.

Ray

nvrdone 09-02-2012 11:44 PM

Got the brakes fixed & took it to a local show. First time on the road in about 8 years. Sure felt good.