The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Not Another Rebuild Thread.... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=487100)

KroAutomotiveInc 07-18-2013 06:14 AM

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 6178542)
Some background maintenance going on.

Did you see these?

http://www.diecastmodelswholesale.co...439/Categories
Posted via Mobile Device

the blue one with the camper is so sweet!

da_bears_da1 07-18-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 6178533)
hmmmmm..............

I cannot load pics these past few days,,,,is there something wrong with the site ??

I started having the same problem on Monday or Tuesday. I normally load the pictures off of my computer onto the forum to post. In the past there was an ability to add up to 5 photos at a time.

What I am seeing now is the ability to load one picture and they are now enforcing a picture size limit. I used to load larger pictures than the file limit without a problem. My guess is that the site may have gotten too large from a storage perspective given all of the pictures we all post. If that is the case, it does make sense to limit picture size, storage is expensive from a site hosting perspective.

So now I will admit that I am a geek. I used to run some fairly large software development shops.

If you are running a windows based computer, here is how to solve the problem:

Navigate to the picture you want to load either through My Computer or Windows Explorer. Right click on the picture and select Edit. (The other alternative is to go to Start then All Programs then Accessories then select Paint then open the picture you want to resize).

You should now have Paint open. On the top of the menu bar is an option to Resize. Click on Resize and a window pops open. Once it is open then click the Pixels option. You should be able to enter 640 into the first box and the second box will automatically size. I did have a problem yesterday where 640 was too large from a file size so I ended up going with 550 in the first box.

You now need to do a Save As to save your smaller picture. What I have been doing is just adding "small" to my picture file name so I keep the original and can easily spot the resized file.

You now should be able to select the file and it should up load. I have done this about 6 times in the past 2-3 days and it has worked.

If this does not solve the problem for you, feel free to PM me and I will try to help.

Good luck! Keep the pics coming!!

Ta2Don 07-18-2013 10:25 AM

To add to the pic dilemma... I recently ran into the same issues and saw a post about this on the "What Did You Do To Your Truck Today" thread.
I signed up on the "Imageshack" Pic Hosting site. You can store up to 5 GB for free and it is super easy to embed these pics into any post. As DaBears offered, PM me if you have any ?s...:uhmk:

McMurphy 07-19-2013 08:16 PM

I hope they get the pic issue fixed, if not, then there is is no point in paying for a subscrpition.
Having said that, I cannot imagine they would make a fundamental change like this and not tell anyone....

Or did I miss something ?

I also have to admit that I am very disinterested in posting photos right now because of it.
Hosting to yet another site, to post links here, seems like twice the work and I am not interested in doing that either because I already slog my way thru all that with posting the videos and that is mentally painful enough as it is too.

(wow am I really getting this whiney in my old age??) Sheesh !

So here's to high hopes of things going back to the way they were !!

Alan's Classic 07-19-2013 08:20 PM

They will get back to normal. They are swapping servers. Read here. Read all replies.

McMurphy 07-19-2013 08:30 PM

Thanks Alan !!
I had to reverse navigate that thread to see how to get there from the main page, Whew man that was buried in there !!!

Ok Wooooo Shaaaaawwwww giving myself a double dose of patience now.
As hard up as I am to show my progress, I am even more hard up to see everyone elses !!! :metal:

McMurphy 07-22-2013 03:16 PM

Well since I refuse to conform and dump all my photos on some off-site while the management flips servers, I figured I would treat you all to a new video. (which I had to create and then load up to YouTube which I realize is off-site too...but that is too much irony for me. Makes me feel hypocritical)

I guess the video pretty much explains itself, so no real need for an intro...enjoy !! :metal:

KroAutomotiveInc 07-22-2013 03:24 PM

Sweet dude that fan looks killer! and i love your hose set up haha thats to cool!

likaroc13 07-22-2013 03:30 PM

Nice! Congrats on firing it up Murph. :metal:....and I agree, the fan looks cool spinning

Ta2Don 07-22-2013 03:46 PM

Awesome to see the 66 breathing fuel and air mix!!!:metal:
Love the orange tipped fan, especially with it spinning!!!:uhmk:

Weischedel 07-22-2013 06:39 PM

So I don't even own a Chevy. But I do live what McMurphy is doing with this. Plus I get to see the build live. Only downside is I have to come here to see the videos. So figure I'll stick around a bit and see if I can snag a fee ideas for if I ever get around to my own build. Oh by the way fan looks awsome was hard to see from the side of the truck the first few tries.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bomp 07-22-2013 08:48 PM

Great job on getting the engine started. You'll be off and running in no time flat. :metal:

I believe it is Modges turn on the vid thing.:lol:

Modges'66 07-22-2013 10:31 PM

Wooooo Hooo! Congrats Murph!
I Like!!!!
That has got to make you feel like it was all worth the effort that you put forth!

I have a lot of wiring to do before I am at that point, but can't wait!
After a bit of a stall on my build, I have had some great advances (in my mind) but now I can't post the pics...At least with any ease, or photo-quality, so I have decided to sit-tight, and wait impatiently...I WOULD RATHER SPEND THE TIME BUILDING THAN FUMBLING AROUND TO POST PICS RIGHT NOW!
I am working Soooo hard to get the un-exposed part of the truck all cut-in with paint, and I am inching forward...
I can't wait to see your first maiden voyage, I know that you will have adjustments to make, but there always is!
Forge ahead, it will be a ride well worth the wait!!!

Jmorales3181 07-23-2013 06:50 AM

Definitely a proud moment for you!!!besides the fan belt:lol: it sounds really good. Got some more painting to finish inside my cab, herculiner my floor, then it's time to pull the motor and trans out for a proper cleaning,new gaskets, and proper paint job. Hearing your truck makes me really want to get mine going. Been to so many local carshows lately and really wish I had my truck there every time. Great work man keep it up!:metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

aggie91 07-23-2013 09:19 AM

Good to hear you got the engine fired up. We got the same thing done to Korbin's truck Sunday night at about 11:45pm. Did not run it long since we did not have any water in it, but it started without issues once we had the fuel leaks fixed.

piratexpress1369a 07-27-2013 09:33 PM

way to go !!!love the fan painted on the edge like a ww2 fighter

McMurphy 07-28-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KroAutomotiveInc (Post 6184925)
Sweet dude that fan looks killer! and i love your hose set up haha thats to cool!

Thanks Kro!!
I just used the old hoses to loop them so my engine would not run totally without coolant !! It seemed to work great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 6184935)
Nice! Congrats on firing it up Murph. :metal:....and I agree, the fan looks cool spinning

Yeah I really like it too, even though you cannot see it with the shroud on, I know it is there, and sure helps to see those blades when the shroud is off !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6184951)
Awesome to see the 66 breathing fuel and air mix!!!:metal:
Love the orange tipped fan, especially with it spinning!!!:uhmk:

Should be getting the rear sway bar on today, and getting the brakes bled...then it should be able to roll and stop under its own power for the first time in 10 years !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weischedel (Post 6185192)
So I don't even own a Chevy. But I do live what McMurphy is doing with this. Plus I get to see the build live. Only downside is I have to come here to see the videos. So figure I'll stick around a bit and see if I can snag a fee ideas for if I ever get around to my own build. Oh by the way fan looks awsome was hard to see from the side of the truck the first few tries.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey guys, in case you did not figure it out, Weischedel is my neighbor that we share our duplex with. He is a great guy and has been a ton of help on this project. In fact he totally wired my engine, and more than half of the cab electrical for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 6185433)
Great job on getting the engine started. You'll be off and running in no time flat. :metal:

I believe it is Modges turn on the vid thing.:lol:

Yeah for some reason though, the old boy wont start now.
Last week it would start, but stall out on me after 10-15 seconds of running. I put fresh gas in it yesterday, as I thought it was just running out of fuel since the tank was practically empty. No luck so far. Gonna hit it again today after I finish my main projects of rear sway bar and brake bleeding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modges'66 (Post 6185665)
Wooooo Hooo! Congrats Murph!
I Like!!!!
That has got to make you feel like it was all worth the effort that you put forth!

I have a lot of wiring to do before I am at that point, but can't wait!
After a bit of a stall on my build, I have had some great advances (in my mind) but now I can't post the pics...At least with any ease, or photo-quality, so I have decided to sit-tight, and wait impatiently...I WOULD RATHER SPEND THE TIME BUILDING THAN FUMBLING AROUND TO POST PICS RIGHT NOW!
I am working Soooo hard to get the un-exposed part of the truck all cut-in with paint, and I am inching forward...
I can't wait to see your first maiden voyage, I know that you will have adjustments to make, but there always is!
Forge ahead, it will be a ride well worth the wait!!!

I am with you Modges... this site server transfer has really nerfed my motivation to post pics. I check almost daily to see if it is back to normal, but no luck yet.
I will not be posting the whole month of August, I have other things going on, so hopefully by September the site will be back to normal !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 (Post 6185991)
Definitely a proud moment for you!!!besides the fan belt:lol: it sounds really good. Got some more painting to finish inside my cab, herculiner my floor, then it's time to pull the motor and trans out for a proper cleaning,new gaskets, and proper paint job. Hearing your truck makes me really want to get mine going. Been to so many local carshows lately and really wish I had my truck there every time. Great work man keep it up!:metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Jmo !!
Wife and I are going to show our Pontiacs side by side at the Spokane Good Guys next month. It will be the first showing for her car since she got it back in 2006.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 6186119)
Good to hear you got the engine fired up. We got the same thing done to Korbin's truck Sunday night at about 11:45pm. Did not run it long since we did not have any water in it, but it started without issues once we had the fuel leaks fixed.

Yeah I have got to trouble shoot it now... not sure why it wont fire up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratexpress1369a (Post 6192899)
way to go !!!love the fan painted on the edge like a ww2 fighter

Gotta love a good theme sometimes eh?

Bomp 08-04-2013 01:16 PM

and ???
On vacation is no reason for no updates.
:cool:

Ta2Don 08-04-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 6204297)
and ???
On vacation is no reason for no updates.
:cool:

:agree: :haha:

markeb01 08-04-2013 02:46 PM

Love the video! I would steal the fan/paint idea, but I don't run a mechanical fan. So I guess you'll be showing up in the truck at Goodguys in two weeks then?!! ;)

flips72 08-23-2013 09:36 PM

glad to see its alive:metal: sounds good....I think, please do something about the belt:lol: now one question...how much sleep did you get the night it started, not much I bet because of the excitement, great work :metal:oh yeah, I like the fan too.

Alan's Classic 08-26-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 6181116)
Thanks Alan !!
I had to reverse navigate that thread to see how to get there from the main page, Whew man that was buried in there !!!

Ok Wooooo Shaaaaawwwww giving myself a double dose of patience now.
As hard up as I am to show my progress, I am even more hard up to see everyone elses !!! :metal:

Your welcome. We are able to post more than one pic in a post you just have to load one then repeat on additional pics. Hope this helps.

Congrats on getting it running. I read your having troubles keeping it running. Maybe I missed it but did you figure it out yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

clemdaddy 08-27-2013 09:48 PM

so murph... any luck with posting pics? this server thing really gripes me out. like you i am patiently waiting for the world to be round again.

i did really like the pics of goodguys with you and the boys. thats quite a crew there...

hope you're back on soon, dude.

pdxhall 08-27-2013 09:59 PM

Hey Murph, Glad to see all the progress you're making on the truck. I wish I could have made it out to Goodguys. It sounds like a good time was had by all. As far as the pics are concerned, you can post pics like you always have except you have to upload one at a time up to five and then post them to your thread. If I can do it anybody can. :metal:

coulter 08-30-2013 10:12 PM

great progress man!!! you come up with some cool ideas. Good to see you got it running already too. keep it up man!!!