The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   The Old Duffer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=532466)

K5 Addiction 05-31-2013 01:37 PM

Re: The Old Duffer

Here's a preview of the episode. It's the only one on youtube. http://youtu.be/9SOiuidQlM4

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 6058382)
Any chance your TV Spot made it on to YouTube?
Would sure like to see it !!

jcramsey 05-31-2013 02:21 PM

I always get excited when I get a notification of a new post in this thread. I could look at that motor all day long.

Cool video clip...hope I can see the rest of the episode if it's gonna be "smokin"!

1963c-10 05-31-2013 02:40 PM

very cool link, thanks for sharing.

McMurphy 05-31-2013 10:18 PM

Oh yeah, I would definately like to see that whole episode !!
thanks for the clip link !!

Bomp 05-31-2013 10:57 PM

It'd be nice to have a truck video with that geetar a strummin' in the back ground.

Always a delight to take a peek at this build http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/git.gif

K5 Addiction 06-03-2013 08:51 PM

A lot has happend since my last real update. The loss of oil pressure signaled my worst fear. My brand new motor was rendered junk by a small crack in the block near the cam. Water leaked through & doused my cam which in turn melted the bearings outta the journals like butter. It was an ugly mess. I shipped the motor back to Tom Lowe along with my my trucks original 250 & he burned the midnight oil to get my block prepped & built & back to Greening auto in Nashville. I feel the first motor was doomed cause the old Duffer just wanted keep his stock block between the frame rails & wasn't going to accept anything else. Right now everything is now back together & in the truck running better than the first rebuild ever did. It's at the alignment shop getting the suspension tuned up with new shocks & a few front end bits & pieces and should be on the road tomorrow. I'll post some pics & video tomorrow.

K5 Addiction 06-05-2013 09:09 PM

Well still no truck. Had a couple different shocks ordered & still haven't gotten just the right amount of travel yet. Has anyone done the "No Limit" rear shock relocation setup?

K5 Addiction 06-06-2013 09:49 PM

Got The Old Duffer back on the road today. Engine is running much smoother than the last one ever did. The fast fuel injection seems to be working great. Fires up instantly with the turn of the key. It's got a stumble in the 3500 RPM range that I'm hoping the computer works out. If not I've got some diagnosing to do. All in all though It purs like a kitten at idle & low speeds & Roars like a lion (a straight 6 Lion) when ya punch the pedal. It's keepin a real even temperature even at a stop light in the southern heat. Oil pressure is perfect. The new shocks really brought some control to the bumps in the road. Now for tracking down front & rear sway bars, A rack & pinion setup, Power brake booster, a 10 bolt posi diff. & a whole host of other things. The work never ends.......if it did the fun would be over. I'll post some pics & video tomorrow.

K5 Addiction 06-06-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 6101233)
It'd be nice to have a truck video with that geetar a strummin' in the back ground.

Always a delight to take a peek at this build http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/git.gif

Thanks Bomp! I've been following your build since the beginning. Wish I had your skills. I just have a love for vehicles & not not enough sense to not tear em apart, I learn by having to put it together or getting a buddy to help me put it back together.

gimmy 64 06-07-2013 08:33 PM

need pictures and video ---or it never happened--- PLEASE

K5 Addiction 06-08-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimmy 64 (Post 6112772)
need pictures and video ---or it never happened--- PLEASE

Agreed. Here's a brand new video. Hope you dig! http://youtu.be/ZUglukQIVGM

gimmy 64 06-08-2013 08:18 PM

that is bad a$$. I would so love to build a 6 but I can't make myself take out a new rebuilt v8 to do it. keep us posted on how it goes.

McMurphy 06-09-2013 12:25 AM

Your motor is sooo sweet man, I love the whole look of your rig !!

Captainfab 06-09-2013 01:20 AM

That has to be one of the best sounding I6's I've heard.

Great job, nicely done :thumbs:

Riveted1 06-09-2013 11:25 AM

I just stumbled across your build thread a couple of days ago and bookmarked it to read later. I did peek at some of the pictures first, though. Then today, I sat down to read my new Truckin' magazine and came across a truck that I thought looked familiar. Came back here to see, and sure enough, it's your truck! Congrats!

Now I have to go back and do some reading :chevy:

Bomp 06-09-2013 11:58 AM

Nice vid and even nicer soundin' I6.
Glad its all worked out.
Now I gotta run down to the store to find that magazine:metal:

K5 Addiction 06-09-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimmy 64 (Post 6114068)
that is bad a$$. I would so love to build a 6 but I can't make myself take out a new rebuilt v8 to do it. keep us posted on how it goes.

Thanks man. Yeah for the money you spend 8 cylinder is the way to go. I just love the 6.

K5 Addiction 06-09-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 6114443)
Your motor is sooo sweet man, I love the whole look of your rig !!

Thanks man. It's a work in progress.

K5 Addiction 06-09-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riveted1 (Post 6114877)
I just stumbled across your build thread a couple of days ago and bookmarked it to read later. I did peek at some of the pictures first, though. Then today, I sat down to read my new Truckin' magazine and came across a truck that I thought looked familiar. Came back here to see, and sure enough, it's your truck! Congrats!

Now I have to go back and do some reading :chevy:

Thanks man. Yeah they shot the truck before the motor was done or there'd have been some shots of it in there too.

K5 Addiction 06-09-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 6114909)
Nice vid and even nicer soundin' I6.
Glad its all worked out.
Now I gotta run down to the store to find that magazine:metal:

Yeah man it's on the news stand.

flips72 06-09-2013 07:45 PM

engine sounds awesome, almost as good as the guitar playing,i remember the episode of my classic car when it came out, and thinking how sweet the truck was,nice work you should be very proud.

K5 Addiction 06-09-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 6115613)
engine sounds awesome, almost as good as the guitar playing,i remember the episode of my classic car when it came out, and thinking how sweet the truck was,nice work you should be very proud.

Thanks Flips72! I love the truck.

RANDY COX 06-09-2013 08:24 PM

Hey just read through your build,I used to have a 72 K-5,I love your truck and love them wide whites,I like them ole six's too,Also used to have a 70 burb 4x4 with a 250 in it from factory,less than 1,000 made in that version....I also saw the you tube vid from my classic cars Hmm,from tenn,and sings country music,Hmm...cars and trucks are KOOL so Is Country Music..

K5 Addiction 06-09-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RANDY COX (Post 6115701)
Hey just read through your build,I used to have a 72 K-5,I love your truck and love them wide whites,I like them ole six's too,Also used to have a 70 burb 4x4 with a 250 in it from factory,less than 1,000 made in that version....I also saw the you tube vid from my classic cars Hmm,from tenn,and sings country music,Hmm...cars and trucks are KOOL so Is Country Music..

Thanks man. Always been a huge fan of all those things.

CRGRS 66 06-11-2013 11:14 PM

AWESOME!!!
Sounds killer:metal: