The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   MisterC's "Project Luigi" Thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486894)

MisterC 11-10-2012 01:29 AM

Re: MisterC's "Project Luigi" Thread

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the kind words, Lost.

I completed the shock relocation today. The rivet removal for the panhard bar has been a complete PITA, so I moved on to the shocks and they went very easy. Everything went together great for the relocation kit. If everything goes well, I'll have the adjustable trac bar installed tomorrow.

shawno72 11-10-2012 01:58 AM

Looks like some good progress.
Posted via Mobile Device

MisterC 11-17-2012 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Worked with the upholsterer today, via telephone, to turn my vision into a reality. Here's the progress on my GMC buddy buckets (sorry purists). The center seat will be all vinyl, to break up the houndstooth, with a couple of cup holders installed in the backside of the center back.

shawno72 11-17-2012 04:57 PM

I think that is really cool.

MisterC 11-20-2012 12:00 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Finally got the Porterbuilt Trac Bar mounted and installed. Dialed in the rear wheel tracking perfectly! As many of you know, their stuff is top notch! However, if you're not a very savvy builder, like myself, their stuff is tough to figure out with no instructions. However, with the help of many build threads, I was able to figure it out and get it right.

Bleed the brakes tomorrow night and then I'm back on the road after 8 months of being on jack stands!:metal:

MisterC 11-20-2012 12:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Also, I went the local boat shop and ordered a pair of these cup holders. My uphostery guy is going to set them into the back side of the backrest of my buddy buckets. They're staggered to hold regular sodas and the thirsty versions.:lol:

shawno72 11-20-2012 12:08 AM

Those are cool, I'd be very interested in havin my Upholstry do the same to my buddies.
Posted via Mobile Device

MisterC 11-20-2012 12:36 AM

I'll post some pictures when he's done. He said it should be another week or so. He had to cut out a piece of wood to serve as the backing for the center seat and then he'll set the cup holders in there.

hopped up 11-20-2012 12:42 AM

Glad to see youre back on it. Cant belive its been 8 months!! I know youre itching to get behind the wheel again
Posted via Mobile Device

MisterC 11-20-2012 12:49 AM

Thanks Andy. I can't believe it either. I found it's easy to blame a busy work load or family committments and then I just wouldn't take the time to work on it. Family is important so I got my 14 year old daughter interested in helping me and that was the catalyst I needed to get it going again. I promised her that she can help my bleed the brakes and she's not home tonight, so that's why that waits 'til tomorrow.

MisterC 11-22-2012 12:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
After many months and 3 different upholsterers, seats were finished today!

I'll get more pictures after I get them mounted on the seat frame and installed this weekend.

shawno72 11-22-2012 01:18 AM

Those look so cool Mario I think thats what I want to do to mine :metal:

Dinos63 11-22-2012 01:22 AM

wow very nice!!

likaroc13 11-22-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 5716022)
wow very nice!!

x2 :metal:

chevyrestoguy 11-22-2012 10:44 AM

Mario, those seats look awesome! They have a factory look, which I really like. Do you plan on using the houndstooth pattern on the door panels as well? That would really tie it all together.

You're really going to like the rear suspension mods you did. It'll drive like a totally different truck. That's one of those "must have" mods for any '60-'72 coil spring equipped truck lowered more than 4" in the rear.

MisterC 11-22-2012 02:33 PM

Thanks for the comments guys.

Alex, I hadn't planned to do the door panels, but after seeing the seats complete, I think it's a must now to carry that onto the doors. I need to find the right material now, because I don't want to use the seat material. It has the vertical lines in it that wouldn't fit my vision for the doors now.

Stay tuned for more on that :lol:

MisterC 11-26-2012 07:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Best laid plans for a weekend of truck work just fizzled out. I did get the seats mounted back on the frame and thought I'd show them off. More pics after I get them mounted in the truck soon.

LostMy65 11-26-2012 07:06 PM

Those look really sharp!
Posted via Mobile Device

shawno72 11-26-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostmy65 (Post 5724320)
those look really sharp!
posted via mobile device

x2!!!

Red4x4 11-27-2012 10:57 PM

Awesome truck, any updates?
Posted via Mobile Device

MisterC 11-29-2012 05:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
No major updates. I drove it around for a couple of days, but then the rain came. I need to finish bleeding the brakes before I feel brave enoough to drive it in weather. Alex was right, it rides and drives like a completely different truck with all of the new suspension parts.

This weekend's plans are to do the sound deadener install so I can drop it at the upholsterer for carpet.
Posted via Mobile Device

65shortbox 11-30-2012 01:42 PM

Very nice truck Mister C! Good find also. I wish my custom cab bbw was as original as this one. Keep up the good work so you can make a trip to a So. Cal show this summer!

shawno72 11-30-2012 01:44 PM

Looking really good Mario!!

KevsClassics 12-03-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterC (Post 5730360)
No major updates. I drove it around for a couple of days, but then the rain came. I need to finish bleeding the brakes before I feel brave enoough to drive it in weather. Alex was right, it rides and drives like a completely different truck with all of the new suspension parts.

This weekend's plans are to do the sound deadener install so I can drop it at the upholsterer for carpet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mario,
Glad to see it back on the road. You did a great job. And I like your new seats.

MisterC 12-04-2012 08:34 PM

Thanks a bunch, Kevin. So nice to be driving it again. I can't bring myself to do anything more right now that would take it off the road.