The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Vintage vehicles driving around. See one post it up. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=846302)

HO455 07-20-2024 04:30 PM

Re: Vintage vehicles driving around. See one post it up.

1 Attachment(s)
Spied this Cornbinder again in St John's today. It has the service boxes that replace the fenders on a step side. I see it regularly the driver never wave back.

3757chevy 07-20-2024 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseyjones (Post 9328435)
Good eye, that's my GMC parked on the street :lol:

Cool , What year is it?

Ol Blue K20 07-20-2024 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HO455 (Post 9328633)
Spied this Cornbinder again in St John's today. It has the service boxes that replace the fenders on a step side. I see it regularly the driver never wave back.

I like the Cornbinders!! Nice truck. :metal::metal:

HO455 07-23-2024 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 (Post 9328088)
One of the nicest/most favorite cars I've seen. I happened to be in germany to see it. Toured ferrari manufacture plant in italy, they even restore vintage ferarri, but I like this volvo 1800ES best of the trip, which was in monchengladbach

Those 1800 Volvo's must have been very popular in Portland back in the day as I still see them regularly around town. Everything from unrestored drivers to like new. Until several years ago I never knew how rare they are elsewhere.

And as if it was all preplanned I saw this one today.

67C10Step 07-25-2024 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this one on I55 south in St. Louis about 8:30 a.m. this morning.

Ironhorse 07-26-2024 09:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Seen these three while in NW Alabama visiting my son and his wife with our new little Grand Daughter fresh off the assembly line, LOL What a little cutie she is.

The 66 Chevelle SS and the 40s (?) Buick seemed like they may have been traveling together. Was near Tonkawa, Oklahoma, maybe going to or coming back from local car show? The 30s pickup was across the street from the Alabama gas station where I was filling up for the return trip home.

All three were nice looking rides, not sure what year the pickup is and who produced it. A bit before my time.

HO455 07-27-2024 11:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I caught the big Chevrolet a couple days ago out in Northeast and spied the sweet Grand Prix on Broadway yesterday.

yuccales 08-07-2024 11:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this Camaro today. I like it just the way it is! :metal:

Boog 08-08-2024 06:39 AM

For sure. Not so nice you would be afraid to use it every day. It's a driver.

loudchevy 08-08-2024 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this beauty the other day.

HO455 08-08-2024 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There was no way to miss this eye popping orange Dodge out in Southeast. The photo doesn't do it justice, it was absolutely glowing.

farmall 08-08-2024 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HO455 (Post 9332658)
There was no way to miss this eye popping orange Dodge out in Southeast. The photo doesn't do it justice, it was absolutely glowing.

That's nice. A divorced 205 gives the best driveline angles.

3757chevy 08-16-2024 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not vintage . But unique?

HO455 08-17-2024 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this Bronco last weekend.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 08-17-2024 12:55 PM

Always knew Carlson was a great guy.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/330591050147433

GOPAPA 08-17-2024 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=HO455;9223704]Looking to see vintage vehicles being driven about the planet. Parked along the curb is fine, just rather not have photos from car shows. I see them all the time do you too?

I cheated a bit ,,sorry just had to do it ..as this car is my nephews from Longview Washington,, it is not in a car show yet but just after this photo was taken then it was ,,he got it I believe in Maryland and it has a 454 and floor shift ..He had one in Highschool pretty much like this one ..Same paint color ,, I hepped some on guiding him about what to look for to get this one ,,like if its a true Chevelle SS then the steering column and dash will be black

Attachment 2386112

Ol Blue K20 08-18-2024 07:47 PM

[quote=GOPAPA;9334689]
Quote:

Originally Posted by HO455 (Post 9223704)
Looking to see vintage vehicles being driven about the planet. Parked along the curb is fine, just rather not have photos from car shows. I see them all the time do you too?

I cheated a bit ,,sorry just had to do it ..as this car is my nephews from Longview Washington,, it is not in a car show yet but just after this photo was taken then it was ,,he got it I believe in Maryland and it has a 454 and floor shift ..He had one in Highschool pretty much like this one ..Same paint color ,, I hepped some on guiding him about what to look for to get this one ,,like if its a true Chevelle SS then the steering column and dash will be black

Attachment 2386112

Nice, I loved my 68!:metal:

HO455 08-18-2024 09:05 PM

It's all good. I had a 68 396 SS back in 83 or 84. But at the same I had a 69 GTO and the GTO won out in the long run and I sold the Chevelle.

Ironhorse 08-23-2024 04:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Caught pics of this 1960 T-bird at the local auction house. Coming up for an auction week from today. Don't see many 2nd generation T-birds out and about. Was a big change from the 2 seat traditional Baby-birds (55-57 years) one normally sees. Pretty clean and looked to be original paint. Sure like this one much better than the later retro T-birds F*** came out with.

Boog 08-23-2024 04:39 PM

For my first car purchase I went to try to buy a '56 Tbird that had been stored under a tarp for many years. It belonged to the librarian's son. I was just a little late as he came home to haul it off just a couple weeks earlier.
Recently, I've been giving the 2002 to 2005 birds a look over. Come to find out the mechanicals are mostly Jaguar. No thankyou.
On to something else.

Ironhorse 08-25-2024 03:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Seen this today sitting at another local auction house in town when wife and I went out for lunch. Having my own '57 210 2dr. I just had to stop and look it over, LOL. Decent body for it's age with some older repairs showing thru in usual places. Lower front fenders by the doors, front of rear wheel well arch openings down low. Few small dings, broken turn signal bar, paint chips, etc. Listed as a 350 V-8, 4 spd, Holley 780 carb, headers. Older interior work done in beige velour bench seat. It's a 210 model 2 dr. sedan with " some but not all " added Bel Air trim. Lot of possibilities but needs some TLC. Will report back the final bid when it happens, on line only bidding ends Sept. 4th with shipping possible.

Auction ended today, $13,800....went up $3,750 in just under 30 minutes

3757chevy 08-30-2024 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this '63 Buick today. Owner says its got 401 Nailhead and he's ordered a disc brake conversion kit.

Ironhorse 09-29-2024 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhorse (Post 9336305)
Seen this today sitting at another local auction house in town when wife and I went out for lunch. Having my own '57 210 2dr. I just had to stop and look it over, LOL. Decent body for it's age with some older repairs showing thru in usual places. Lower front fenders by the doors, front of rear wheel well arch openings down low. Few small dings, broken turn signal bar, paint chips, etc. Listed as a 350 V-8, 4 spd, Holley 780 carb, headers. Older interior work done in beige velour bench seat. It's a 210 model 2 dr. sedan with " some but not all " added Bel Air trim. Lot of possibilities but needs some TLC. Will report back the final bid when it happens, on line only bidding ends Sept. 4th with shipping possible.

Auction ended today, $13,800....went up $3,750 in just under 30 minutes

And the rest of the story is......10% buyer's premium added at end of the auction. Hammered to $15,800 in.

Ironhorse 09-29-2024 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wife and I out to lunch today and at local Dillons Pharmacy for a prescription pickup. Seen this sitting in the parking area but did not get to find who it belonged to. Don't remember seeing it before and I'm always on the look out for a '57. Looked to be a totally original '57 4 door hard top. Body had some rust, paint had patina, interior was black/red original cloth and vinyl. No idea what engine but was an automatic. Have to watch for it again to appear and hopefully make an intro for some tri-five talk.

tutone 09-29-2024 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhorse (Post 9344113)
And the rest of the story is......10% buyer's premium added at end of the auction. Hammered to $15,800 in.

And that is a bargain. You couldnt find or build one for that anywhere around here.

dave6672 09-29-2024 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhorse (Post 9344116)
Wife and I out to lunch today and at local Dillons Pharmacy for a prescription pickup. Seen this sitting in the parking area but did not get to find who it belonged to. Don't remember seeing it before and I'm always on the look out for a '57. Looked to be a totally original '57 4 door hard top. Body had some rust, paint had patina, interior was black/red original cloth and vinyl. No idea what engine but was an automatic. Have to watch for it again to appear and hopefully make an intro for some tri-five talk.

Cool to see a 57 four door hardtop out and about. My Dad always liked those.

72c20customcamper 09-29-2024 06:34 PM

[quote=GOPAPA;9334689]
Quote:

Originally Posted by HO455 (Post 9223704)
Looking to see vintage vehicles being driven about the planet. Parked along the curb is fine, just rather not have photos from car shows. I see them all the time do you too?

Attachment 2386112

Actually without paperwork the 68 and up SS Chevelles there is no way to tell if it was born an SS . The 67 and down the vin # is a sure way to tell, all true SS Chevelle’s it started with 138 .
There are more SS s running around now than Gm ever produced . If the car was made in Canada it’s easy to document the cars origins . They kept all the records on cars produced ,USA made cars no such luck .

Regardless your nephews car is beautiful.

tutone 09-29-2024 07:34 PM

A 69 Chevelle built in Canada was designated on the trim tag as a Big block auto or manual. US built Chevelles was not the case . there is a fellow that has a youtube channel, Patrick Glen Nichols, who documents SS Chevells all over by the stampings and options and such. I enjoy watching him work. They were a fine automobile.
Edit. Sorry Mark, for repeating your info. My 69 was a Canada build. I didn't see your post before I typed mine.

HO455 10-03-2024 08:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple more.

best view 10-03-2024 06:52 PM

You’re wrong about the 69 ss they had 2 paint colors that are on the data plate that you only could get if it was a real ss Daytona yellow and Monaco orange mine is Daytona yellow and it’s untouched had it since 1972 and they were a added cost , they had a light yellow for the regular ones

Sheepdip 10-04-2024 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by best view (Post 9344970)
You’re wrong about the 69 ss they had 2 paint colors that are on the data plate that you only could get if it was a real ss Daytona yellow and Monaco orange mine is Daytona yellow and it’s untouched had it since 1972 and they were a added cost , they had a light yellow for the regular ones

My Brother had a 69 SS 396 Chevelle in high school about 72/73 era that was green metalic with the black SS stripes about the same shade maybe a little lighter than the yellow/green poly like my avatar.

I have only seen one other like it paint wise and I happen to know the guy, he bought it brand new and sill has it.

72c20customcamper 10-04-2024 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by best view (Post 9344970)

Never heard of that .I've been around SS cars for over 40 years and any post 68 SS Chevelle without paperwork is considerably less in value that a documented car . GM would special paint vehicles my truck is Placer Gold not a truck color at all

But then again I don’t pay much attention to the 68 and up cars . Not a fan of the body style .

HO455 10-06-2024 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
An old Scout I've see around North Portland for decades.

Ironhorse 10-12-2024 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Seen this one parked at our credit union when I went thru the drive thru. '71 with a bench seat and a column shift automatic. No idea who it belongs to but is a clean looking Monte. I had a '72 Monte years ago with a 402 BBC/TH400, blue with white vinyl top, blue cloth bench. Another one I let slip away, :lol:

Never realize what you have until you don't have it anymore!

weq92f 10-12-2024 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhorse (Post 9346698)
...<snip>...
Never realize what you have until you don't have it anymore!

Ain't that the d@mn truth!

One of my early memories in life involved this car. Don't remember the color but the seat (bench), the smell and the interaction I had with my Uncle in that car are vivid. Went with him to wash it...afterward, driving away he looked over and said now we dry it. No seat belts just pure speed, wind and the landscape flashing by......

-Kevin

3757chevy 10-13-2024 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weq92f (Post 9346706)

Ain't that the d@mn truth!

One of my early memories in life involved this car. Don't remember the color but the seat (bench), the smell and the interaction I had with my Uncle in that car are vivid. Went with him to wash it...afterward, driving away he looked over and said now we dry it. No seat belts just pure speed, wind and the landscape flashing by......

-Kevin

That's the best part of going to the carwash is the drying session. I go about 5miles south of town on a quiet hiway where I can open it up and get a quickdry.

HO455 10-14-2024 09:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
It's Monte Carlo week! I saw this one and the Chevelle in St John's yesterday.

I met the nice gentleman with his sweet 58 Cameo in Kelso. It was bone stock and he was driving from Seattle to Portland (or vice-versa I don't remember for sure ).

Boog 10-14-2024 01:25 PM

Isn't that something? Just like me they park way away from the store and most always someone else will still park right beside of you. SMH

D.B 10-14-2024 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9347053)
Isn't that something? Just like me they park way away from the store and most always someone else will still park right beside of you. SMH

That's the truth!!

straight6chevyguy 10-17-2024 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this sweet 66 custom camper in the parking lot at work yesterday.