The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

FleetsidePaul 06-08-2021 02:39 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 8930078)
I hope you didn't have "snots running down your nose"..Maybe you did.

:lol::lol: Well it is allergy season.

Ol Blue K20 06-08-2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weq92f (Post 8930168)

Successfully swapped out a dying hard drive with a new solid state drive on my daily driver laptop.

Purchased a Samsung EVO 512GB 2 1/2 inch internal drive ( SSD ). Placed it into my CD/ROM media unit caddie for SATA drives and booted up my machine. Now with the new drive connected, I use native windows 10 tools to write partition info on it with a 300GB partition ( same size as the dying drive's partition ) and format it NTFS.

Downloaded Clonezilla Live zip file, extracted to a USB thumb drive and then made that bootable using /utils/win64/makeboot64 on the USB drive.

Shutdown and booted the Clonezilla software from the USB drive by editing the BIOS to boot from the USB stick first and the HDD second. The software is GUI driven. I used disk-to-disk cloning and successfully recovered ( -recovery ) the Operating System environment as well as all my installed programs/data and my personal files. Basically made an exact replica of my old HDD onto my new SSD.

Fun fun... This process took about an hour from start to finish. It was writing at 7GB/minute onto the new SSD.

Installed the new SSD into the laptop's HDD bay ( internal ) and booted. Now I'm typing out this message to you all. :) ...On a MUCH faster machine.

-klb

I'm glad you made some progress, but, that was all Greek to me!

special-K 06-09-2021 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8930334)
I'm glad you made some progress, but, that was all Greek to me!

I hear ya. It's not that I'm dumb. I understand all the four letter words but it's the three letter ones I get lost in

LT7A 06-09-2021 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8928289)
Didn't work on Ol Blue but on the daily driver. It needed a fuel pump and I hate dropping the tank. So I got creative. It was a lot easier...

I'm curious about your exhaust. The y ahead of the muffler looks like a better transition than the stock one on my 1993. Also, do you have dual cats before that? Where you live, I doubt you are running without one.

Ol Blue K20 06-09-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 8930510)
I'm curious about your exhaust. The y ahead of the muffler looks like a better transition than the stock one on my 1993. Also, do you have dual cats before that? Where you live, I doubt you are running without one.

Everything in front of the Y is factory exhaust. So if my memory serves correctly 2 cats. The Y is a Flow Master as is the muffler. The tailpipes were custom made a the exhaust shop I use in Benicia.

Gotenntitans 06-12-2021 02:29 PM

https://i.ibb.co/8NxGZ9v/15-DEB0-BE-...3605-A0147.jpg
Washed, waxed, and detailed wifey’s 2010 Camaro SS. That car is fun to drive, but that black paint keeps me hoppin’ trying to keep it clean! Someone told me that black vehicle owners should never let them get really dirty…….keep em fairly clean and they’ll look good longer. I’m trying!

57taskforce 06-12-2021 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 8931649)
Washed, waxed, and detailed wifey’s 2010 Camaro SS. That car is fun to drive, but that black paint keeps me hoppin’ trying to keep it clean! Someone told me that black vehicle owners should never let them get really dirty…….keep em fairly clean and they’ll look good longer. I’m trying!

Hell yea!!! I’m a fan! (A bit biased but a fan at any rate) yours is still looking great, that’s an earlier ‘09 build, still has e GM fender chicklets. Yours is a bit uncommon in that it looks like just an SS without the w out the RS package, cool stuff. I like the ones that are a little less common. Mine is a late Oct ‘09 build. I actually busted mine out for a cruise around town this morning.

Gotenntitans 06-12-2021 06:40 PM

That’s a pretty blue and I like how your tail spoiler goes up higher like my friend’s old ‘78 Z28 did. I don’t know about rarities and all that. I was told because our “SS” emblem is white, it means that it did not have the RS package or it would have been red. No worries; Mama wanted it and it’s a low mileage garage kept cream puff so we bought it out of Iowa last December. Santa & Mrs. Claus both had a good Christmas!
https://i.ibb.co/Zh6xbkN/BF81-EE91-4...41-C515148.jpg

57taskforce 06-12-2021 07:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 8931742)
That’s a pretty blue and I like how your tail spoiler goes up higher like my friend’s old ‘78 Z28 did. I don’t know about rarities and all that. I was told because our “SS” emblem is white, it means that it did not have the RS package or it would have been red. No worries; Mama wanted it and it’s a low mileage garage kept cream puff so we bought it out of Iowa last December. Santa & Mrs. Claus both had a good Christmas!
https://i.ibb.co/Zh6xbkN/BF81-EE91-4...41-C515148.jpg

Awesome stuff. Mine has the RS stuff and it’s nice but with that said, I really do also like the clean no BS look of the non RS headlights. You are correct white SS means no RS. That’s a clean car! They Are getting a little harder to find with low miles like that. Mines got 67 and some change. The spoiler and grill on mine are genuine GM accessories, which I feel really compliment the GM factory equipped ground effects it has. I really don’t care much for the little bitty stock spoiler they came factory with. The black on yours looks killer, black is really hard to take care of but it looks like you’ve got it figured out good! Here’s a few of my grill and my spoiler and a cluster shot of my own:lol: (for those who are about to comment on the low tire light at that speed; 3 tires had 34-36psi and 1 had 31) I’ve had it quite a bit faster but over 120 and I’m really not focused on glory shots of the speedo. This speedo picture was taken on the back stretch at Las Vegas motor speedway.

FleetsidePaul 06-13-2021 02:53 AM

Quote:

[Someone told me that black vehicle owners should never let them get really dirty…….keep em fairly clean and they’ll look good longer. I’m trying!

Nobody ever told me that. Probably why my black car is filthy and has bird crap all over it.

Is bird sh*t considered patina? :confused:

72c20customcamper 06-13-2021 09:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

If cared for black will look good for years . 57 year old paint

yuccales 06-13-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8931941)
If cared for black will look good for years . 57 year old paint

Reflection pics are awesome! ;)

Ol Blue K20 06-13-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 8931979)
Reflection pics are awesome! ;)

X2, I love how crisp that tree looks.

72c20customcamper 06-13-2021 04:41 PM

Thanks ,it’s a lot of work I do a complete detail of the paint every spring. Clay all the way to wax . With a orbital Flex I burned out a porter cable and a maquiars orbitals .

72c20customcamper 06-13-2021 04:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Today I replaced the rear tire on my wife’s bike. Electric tongue jack works great for braking the tire bead. Use a harbor freight spin balancer works out well

Ol Blue K20 06-13-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8932071)
Today I replaced the rear tire on my wife’s bike. Electric tongue jack works great for braking the tire bead. Use a harbor freight spin balancer works out well

Great technique, I didn't know HF had a spin balancer....

72c20customcamper 06-13-2021 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8932110)
Great technique, I didn't know HF had a spin balancer....

Used the wrong term . It's a stand balancer

Ol Blue K20 06-13-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8932148)
Used the wrong term . It's a stand balancer

Ok, that I have seen.

Getter-Done 06-13-2021 11:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That is the best way.

I was trained on an Old Snap On

Wheel balancer .

If you spent the time it was (More Gooder)

Attachment 2108073

57taskforce 06-13-2021 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I went to the mountains for the day with momma bear and the Cubs. Left right after church just got back. This is trout lake between Dolores and Telluride, we ate supper here and let the kids play in the water for a while.

67ChevyRedneck 06-14-2021 01:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Introduced little man to riding on the lawnmower and my C10 this weekend.

FleetsidePaul 06-14-2021 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 8932301)
Introduced little man to riding on the lawnmower and my C10 this weekend.

Get ready. He'll be asking for the keys soon enough.(for the truck not the lawnmower)

I had a friend that always had to mow the lawn at his parents house. That was his chore. They had a huge lawn. They had a power mower but it was a push mower. He pushed that mower around for years.

When he moved out and his dad had to take over the lawn duties his old man immediately bought a really nice riding mower. :lol:

He was a little steamed about that.

67ChevyRedneck 06-14-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8932304)
Get ready. He'll be asking for the keys soon enough.(for the truck not the lawnmower)

I had a friend that always had to mow the lawn at his parents house. That was his chore. They had a huge lawn. They had a power mower but it was a push mower. He pushed that mower around for years.

When he moved out and his dad had to take over the lawn duties his old man immediately bought a really nice riding mower. :lol:

He was a little steamed about that.

Not exactly the same, but I was primarily responsible for my parents yard. About 6 of their 10 acres is yard, rest was wooded. We always had old busted ass used mowers I would have to fix at least once a month and they never seemed to have a deck larger than 42". They were at least riders though.

I went off to college fall of 1999 many states away. By summer 2000 my dad had a brand new rider with a 54" deck :rolleyes:

FleetsidePaul 06-14-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 8932376)
Not exactly the same, but I was primarily responsible for my parents yard. About 6 of their 10 acres is yard, rest was wooded. We always had old busted ass used mowers I would have to fix at least once a month and they never seemed to have a deck larger than 42". They were at least riders though.

I went off to college fall of 1999 many states away. By summer 2000 my dad had a brand new rider with a 54" deck :rolleyes:

:lol: Funny how that works.

weq92f 06-15-2021 09:24 AM

Finished moving everything from the house into storage and turned over the keys to the new owners.

Bittersweet at best.

-klb