The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

72c20customcamper 06-23-2021 03:19 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

3 Attachment(s)
Bucked and split some Ash,Oak and Hickory . This has been in log length for about 2 years . Ash will be good to go in about 3 months it’s at 20% moisture content now . Need to get to the rest . I have enough already split for this winter little short for 22-23 season

special-K 06-26-2021 09:48 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Show off! :cuss:

Been working on my barn move some more

72c20customcamper 06-26-2021 09:55 AM

Tim I'm picking up a couple of cords of red oak Monday :bann:. Friend is having a couple of large oaks professionally cut down . I talked to the owner hes willing to load a couple of 16 footers into my dump trailer with the crane . Should mill out nicely the rest I'm going to burn

LONGHAIR 06-26-2021 07:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I just finished my daughter's kitchen, well this phase anyway. She still needs to get a microwave/range hood fan thing and the rest of the appliances.
Once I have that in-hand I can build something to tie it into the rest of the run.
Last Saturday I tore out the old box-store golden oak mess and installed these.
I built them over the last few weeks and last Saturday they went in without the doors. I was still working on the paint, but the main boxes were ready. I hung the base doors on Thursday evening and she gave me one of the pulls to make a drilling jig. Today was the upper doors and all of the pulls went on.
Tile backsplashes are next, but I think she is doing that herself. Stainless appliances and flooring soon to come.
The dark circular smudges are from my dirty lens

Gotenntitans 06-26-2021 07:28 PM

Wifey and I drove down to Gibsland, Louisiana to see the Bonnie & Clyde museum and ambush site. Took the ‘90 out and let her do some rumblin & cruisin!
NOT the real car, but one just like it. I believe it said this was the Warren Beatty/Faye Dunaway movie car.
https://i.ibb.co/fx8WZkg/2332-B52-B-...E48309-AEC.jpg
These were the guns that were confiscated in the car after Bonnie & Clyde were shot. They meant business! My wife said she was hungry after taking this pic…..she said my a$$ was eating my shorts and it made her hungry. ;)
https://i.ibb.co/Y8SkCTh/799086-EA-D...1-B3295-F7.jpg
2 plaques…..one erected to Bonnie & Clyde’s death/ambush site and the other dedicated to the law enforcement officers who ended their crime spree.
https://i.ibb.co/BcRQPT6/1-A1-D5-E59...457-AD7599.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/YfYJvHz/0-BEAAB4-E-...CFE9710042.jpg

FleetsidePaul 06-27-2021 12:33 AM

I want that Thompson.

I knew an old guy that had one. He kept it in the trunk of his Cadillac. (Mobster?) Oh yeah. :)

dagnabbitt 06-27-2021 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8937215)
I want that Thompson.

Thats a pretty cool road trip!

Boog 06-27-2021 08:05 AM

Back in 1970 or so B&C's car and one of Hitler's staff cars came through our town on a display trailer. I forgot just how many bullet holes are in the car, 104 maybe? Clyde sure loved those Ford V8s. He even wrote a letter to Henry Ford telling him so.

FleetsidePaul 06-27-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8937262)
Back in 1970 or so B&C's car and one of Hitler's staff cars came through our town on a display trailer. I forgot just how many bullet holes are in the car, 104 maybe? Clyde sure loved those Ford V8s. He even wrote a letter to Henry Ford telling him so.

He did! He said that's why he always stole Fords. And Henry Ford didn't like it one bit. :lol:

Gotenntitans 06-27-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8937414)
[/B]

He did! He said that's why he always stole Fords. And Henry Ford didn't like it one bit. :lol:

https://i.ibb.co/hdZF82M/43-A651-DF-...5-EDFD8468.jpg

67ChevyRedneck 06-27-2021 08:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Full pressure wash on the front porch. It's so much faster now that I've been doing it yearly... Trex railing is about 8 years old now, absolutely love it over the original wood railing that blew paint off every time I cleaned it.

Then I did something I've been wanting to do for years for the 4th which is add flag bunting.

4u2nv 06-28-2021 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 8937504)
Full pressure wash on the front porch. It's so much faster now that I've been doing it yearly... Trex railing is about 8 years old now, absolutely love it over the original wood railing that blew paint off every time I cleaned it.

Then I did something I've been wanting to do for years for the 4th which is add flag bunting.

Nice idea on the flag , looks real good

72c20customcamper 06-28-2021 05:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got some wood the easy way . The rest about 3 cord I’ll have to work for the 16 footers the first two are red oak the second two are white oak . Should make some nice slabs . Crane operator said first load was 8k pounds second was a just shy of 8k . So the trailer was about 200 lbs under the GVWR for the trailer . Truck had no problem with it as it rated to pull 17k .

72c20customcamper 06-28-2021 05:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
What I have to pick up tomorrow. There is another pile at the top of the driveway too.

Low Elco 06-28-2021 06:09 PM

Nice logs!

There's a really good movie on Netflix called Highwaymen about the guys that chased B&C down.

1slo64 06-28-2021 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 8937868)
Nice logs!

There's a really good movie on Netflix called Highwaymen about the guys that chased B&C down.

Really good movie, I've watched it a few times now.

67ChevyRedneck 06-29-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slo64 (Post 8937869)
Really good movie, I've watched it a few times now.

Same...

leddzepp 06-29-2021 02:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 8937097)
Wifey and I drove down to Gibsland, Louisiana to see the Bonnie & Clyde museum and ambush site. Took the ‘90 out and let her do some rumblin & cruisin!
NOT the real car, but one just like it. I believe it said this was the Warren Beatty/Faye Dunaway movie car.
These were the guns that were confiscated in the car after Bonnie & Clyde were shot. They meant business! My wife said she was hungry after taking this pic…..she said my a$$ was eating my shorts and it made her hungry. ;)

2 plaques…..one erected to Bonnie & Clyde’s death/ambush site and the other dedicated to the law enforcement officers who ended their crime spree.

The real Bonnie and Clyde car is on display at Whiskey Pete’s at stateline in Nevada. I like the one from the movie better :lol:

72c20customcamper 06-29-2021 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
1st load of I’m thinking 3 done this morning in the shade . Sun came around at 1 pm so I decided to get the rest tomorrow . Could definitely feel the weight going home . But I took the long way less mountain roads and the a/c felt great was completely dry by the time I got home . But I had to unload the bed by hand so I’m soaked again

special-K 06-29-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8937852)
Got some wood the easy way . The rest about 3 cord I’ll have to work for the 16 footers the first two are red oak the second two are white oak . Should make some nice slabs . Crane operator said first load was 8k pounds second was a just shy of 8k . So the trailer was about 200 lbs under the GVWR for the trailer . Truck had no problem with it as it rated to pull 17k .

Free crane!
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8937854)
What I have to pick up tomorrow. There is another pile at the top of the driveway too.

Where the work begins.

I worked till lunch time then we knocked off due to the heat. Great!, off early! Home early to not get anything done because it's too hot. I have a few projects on the place going, but focusing on one. But there is the digging/leveling/footers/lay block in the (cool) cellar project I started last winter. Well there you go. Not hot... except when I carry the 5gal buckets of dirt up and out the cellar door to the wheelbarrow. Then there would also be pushing that off and dumping it. So half hot and I went for it a couple hours anyway. Time for refreshments now

FleetsidePaul 06-29-2021 06:19 PM

Per my wife's request. I made a big batch of my BBQ sauce for a July 4th BBQ at the hospital. I like to make it early and let it sit for a while so the flavors can do their thing.

It has over 20 ingredients and made a mess out of my kitchen. I told my wife that my work was done and that she should clean it up since it was her idea... That didn't fly.

CG 06-29-2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 8938215)
The real Bonnie and Clyde car is on display at Whiskey Pete’s at stateline in Nevada. I like the one from the movie better :lol:

Kind of like the original Bat Mobile from the 60's. There are several out there of that style. Or the Dukes Charger ... I just dont believe it anymore when someone says Oh yes ... This is the original.

Ive seen that B&C car at Stateline. Its cool, I hope it really really is the OG ...
Oh look I actually used OG like it supposed to be used haha!

Boog 06-29-2021 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8938277)
Per my wife's request. I made a big batch of my BBQ sauce for a July 4th BBQ at the hospital. I like to make it early and let it sit for a while so the flavors can do their thing.

It has over 20 ingredients and made a mess out of my kitchen. I told my wife that my work was done and that she should clean it up since it was her idea... That didn't fly.

Trading places huh?

57taskforce 07-01-2021 03:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I’ve been monkeying around with my family this week, my crew of four have some visitors from the east coast. My grandmother, dad, step mom, and two of my brothers are here for a couple weeks. Monument valley yesterday, Grand Canyon and eventually Vegas today, Vegas tomorrow and who knows what on Friday. Been a good time so far. No pictures of Vegas yet.

FleetsidePaul 07-01-2021 09:26 AM

I set up my pet tarantula's new digs. A lot more room than his old jar.

And of course he hid when I took the pic. Camera shy...

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/Legs_Pad.jpg