The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=444746)

69gmcc10 09-05-2017 11:40 AM

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

looking AWESOME!!!!!!!

67ChevyRedneck 09-05-2017 01:41 PM

Wow, that was quick!

gringoloco 09-05-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knomadd (Post 8032218)
just turn the drop hitch upside down, then it would be a raised hitch... :lol: Looks good though!

I was already doing that before. Now I guess I'd need another 4" of drop hitch (or a lowered trailer). Good thing the Jeep has a tow package...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 (Post 8032234)
Looks awesome Chris, can't wait to see the ride height when's it's back on the ground.

Me too, I took a few quick measurements and I think it's gonna sit nice and low :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by 69gmcc10 (Post 8032235)
looking AWESOME!!!!!!!

Thanks! Pretty stoked here, too
Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 8032297)
Wow, that was quick!

That's what a 4-day weekend gets ya when your wife is taking 3 graduate classes. Lotsa time to entertain myself, haha

gringoloco 09-09-2017 12:54 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Little more progress and she is back on her feet and very near terra firma! In these shots, the coilovers are as low as they will go and still not in the sweet spot at mid-stroke. It will come down another 3/4 to full inch once it's all back together :metal:

babyblueoval 09-10-2017 01:51 PM

It's a little hard to tell but judging by the back of the cab it looks like you'll be around a 6" ride height? That sounds about perfect to me. ;)

gringoloco 09-10-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyblueoval (Post 8036363)
It's a little hard to tell but judging by the back of the cab it looks like you'll be around a 6" ride height? That sounds about perfect to me. ;)

I'm thinking 6.5" or so, but that remains to be seen. My goal is to be around "bagged on stock suspension" dumped height :)

babyblueoval 09-10-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gringoloco (Post 8036517)
I'm thinking 6.5" or so, but that remains to be seen. My goal is to be around "bagged on stock suspension" dumped height :)

Sounds good.

timmytimm3 09-11-2017 11:31 AM

Looks great! I'm running the PB coilover 4 link rear with the touring notches on my 66 so I'll have a similar ride height (whenever I get done with rust repair...

gringoloco 09-11-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmytimm3 (Post 8037047)
Looks great! I'm running the PB coilover 4 link rear with the touring notches on my 66 so I'll have a similar ride height (whenever I get done with rust repair...

I'd love to see it. Looks like Photobucket killed your thread...

rsgt 09-11-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gringoloco (Post 8037133)

Chris, Here is the fix for photobucket I use goggle chrome on my computer. I did a google search for photobucket fix and there was this from google chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj
I clicked on it and at the top right there is a blue box that says add to chrome. so I clicked on it and that is all I did. now I can see all the pictures in the build threads on this forum and others.

gringoloco 09-11-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsgt (Post 8037275)
Chris, Here is the fix for photobucket I use goggle chrome on my computer. I did a google search for photobucket fix and there was this from google chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj
I clicked on it and at the top right there is a blue box that says add to chrome. so I clicked on it and that is all I did. now I can see all the pictures in the build threads on this forum and others.

This is cool, thanks!

smbrouss70 09-11-2017 03:46 PM

Chris, I think I'm more excited to see yours done and back together more than mine.:c2:

Quote:

That works flawlessly! Thanks!

knomadd 09-11-2017 05:35 PM

Frame's looking good Chris! I think you'll be sitting lower than I will aired out in the back with my factory frame rails.

Quote:

That's awesome! I use Firefox, so I looked and found the same thing here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ed-fix/?src=ss

gringoloco 09-11-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smbrouss70 (Post 8037282)
Chris, I think I'm more excited to see yours done and back together more than mine.:c2:

Likewise. Too bad we don't live closer, we could work out an exchange program :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by knomadd (Post 8037358)
Frame's looking good Chris! I think you'll be sitting lower than I will aired out in the back with my factory frame rails.

That's what I'm after--I want it to make people scratch their heads. Maybe even a custom plate: ALTYMLO or NOTBAGD...

timmytimm3 09-15-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gringoloco (Post 8037133)

I created a new "continued" thread with a bunch of pictures in it but skipped all of the details. Link in my sig

gringoloco 09-23-2017 12:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Boyd welding tank showed up, so I dropped it between the 'rails. This thing is high quality and worth every penny. Now I can work on plumbing fuel and brake lines :smoke:

gringoloco 09-30-2017 02:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Plumbed the fuel and brake lines over the notches--what a pain... not as pretty as some I've seen, but they'll do the job

shores6 09-30-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gringoloco (Post 8050871)
Plumbed the fuel and brake lines over the notches--what a pain... not as pretty as some I've seen, but they'll do the job

Damn pretty in my opinion! :metal: My least favorite thing to do. I had to be different and went through the notches with my fuel lines. Turned out clean but will never do it again lol

gringoloco 09-30-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shores6 (Post 8051077)
Damn pretty in my opinion! :metal: My least favorite thing to do. I had to be different and went through the notches with my fuel lines. Turned out clean but will never do it again lol

I thought about doing them inside, but decided for the sake of time and the fact that this is not anywhere near a show truck that I would go the easy(er) route. Glad to be done with the hard part

gringoloco 09-30-2017 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
...and got the tank mounted. It mounted on top of the notches, since that's the only available space and keeps it tucked nicely up out of harm's way. With it being on top of the 'rails, I had to trim out an area for the bed risers to fit and use a 3/16" spacer on the rearmost bolts to account for the thickness of the notches. Now I can work on final routing of fuel lines :chevy:

SCOTI 10-01-2017 11:37 AM

Looking good!

mcbassin 10-02-2017 07:29 AM

Awesome progress Chris! Digging all of the upgrades!

Bennett68C10 10-02-2017 10:08 AM

Very nice!

gringoloco 10-03-2017 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 8051556)
Looking good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbassin (Post 8052139)
Awesome progress Chris! Digging all of the upgrades!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 (Post 8052216)
Very nice!

Thanks dudes! I may tear into the front this weekend as I'm reaching a point of details only on the rear and can't progress much without driveshaft mockup.

My wife caught me slipping the other day while I was working on the old girl, I had no idea she was there. Apparently I was "in the zone" :lol:

gringoloco 10-08-2017 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Little before and after of the beginning of teardown of the front. Unfortunately, I found some rust in the driver's cowl area, so there will be some unplanned sheetmetal work. May be a good time to go ahead and shave the firewall, we'll see...