The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Getter-Done 07-16-2021 06:06 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8946134)
Get’n me a woodchuck later . Little someb been antagonizing me . Every time I go out the back door there he is chewin on the wood steps

Happy Hunting.

Hope you get it.:metal:

LT7A 07-16-2021 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8946134)
Get’n me a woodchuck later . Little someb been antagonizing me . Every time I go out the back door there he is chewin on the wood steps

I'm not very well-versed in bow hunting, but I think I figured out your picture. There is a plastic guard that the stored arrow tips go into, correct? When I first looked at the picture, I thought you were going to shoot him with a small snow shovel.

72c20customcamper 07-16-2021 07:31 PM

Cross bow . The handle on top is where you use your foot to hold it down while drawing the string back to cock it

Yes the arrow horizontally positioned is in the storage box. Basically a box with foam in it to hold the tips

I have to use the bow . Where this house is no shooting firearms . I wouldn’t anyway homes are too close

67C10Step 07-18-2021 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Son and I went to the range to try out some new hardware. He shot his new Sig P365 and here he is shooting my new CZ 457 in .22 WMR. Had friends over for dinner Saturday night. Good stuff all the way around.

LT7A 07-18-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8946161)
Cross bow . The handle on top is where you use your foot to hold it down while drawing the string back to cock it

Yes the arrow horizontally positioned is in the storage box. Basically a box with foam in it to hold the tips

I have to use the bow . Where this house is no shooting firearms . I wouldn’t anyway homes are too close

Thanks for the explanation, I get it now, took me a second when I first looked at it. Serious hardware.

72c20customcamper 07-19-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 8946139)
Happy Hunting.

Hope you get it.:metal:

Didnt get a shot off as the neighbor came over and said he caught it in a hav-a-hart trap . Told him he would have to go at least 10 miles from the house to release it

67ChevyRedneck 07-19-2021 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So close to finishing up the front siding on the shop (missing the top row below the accent roof).

There's a lot of time into making the door jams look pretty. They're wrapped in brick molding and a 1/4" simulated wood pvc trim. I also ordered a custom white tin cap that runs over the top of the doors and a couple inches down to keep water out. The backsides (inside) have the treated 2x6 up to mount the door frames to.

special-K 07-19-2021 06:42 PM

Looking really good and so close to done. I'm curious how you are fastening that last rip of siding under the soffit. I know you already did the sides. I picked up some old Indian tricks over the years (now that you're done)

72c20customcamper 07-19-2021 06:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got the bath together . What a pain nothing is square level or plumb . But lots of furring ,shims , self leveler and planing it’s a working bathroom . I’ve have since put up the blue board and taped it. Just needs to be primed and painted

Rich84 07-20-2021 09:49 AM

I'm in the commercial drywall business. I'd rather hang 100 sheets then do one bathroom in an old house.
When it's done it all looks so easy. Nothing to it.

67ChevyRedneck 07-20-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8947317)
Looking really good and so close to done. I'm curious how you are fastening that last rip of siding under the soffit. I know you already did the sides. I picked up some old Indian tricks over the years (now that you're done)

I'm doing the same as I did on the house, I run J channel at the top, then the top piece of siding that gets cut, I cut off the clipping strip at the top, run it upside down and nail that into the J-channel. That fills most of the gap. On all of the pieces up high (2nd story), I put 1 - 2 trim nails to hold it and still let the pieces expand after I center them up. On the lower stuff that I can reach from the ground... it's just snapped into place. The house has experienced some wicked storms and really high winds in the last 3 years and I haven't lost any siding yet. The siding I'm using clips together really well.

LT7A 07-20-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8947327)
Got the bath together . What a pain nothing is square level or plumb . But lots of furring ,shims , self leveler and planing it’s a working bathroom . I’ve have since put up the blue board and taped it. Just needs to be

It seems that's always the process in a wood framed house that's been standing a decade or more. Do you follow the lines as they have moved over time and try to trick the eye? Or do you actually get it plumb and level - seems like always a struggle. With something that goes together like that shower kit though, I can see why you needed to shim everything out to get it squared away. Going to be nice when you get it all done, and super handy to have those ladders on the back wall ; )

72c20customcamper 07-20-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 8947604)
It seems that's always the process in a wood framed house that's been standing a decade or more. Do you follow the lines as they have moved over time and try to trick the eye? Or do you actually get it plumb and level - seems like always a struggle. With something that goes together like that shower kit though, I can see why you needed to shim everything out to get it squared away. Going to be nice when you get it all done, and super handy to have those ladders on the back wall ; )

With the panels I had to have it right if there is tension on it it will crack over time . I dont want to do it ever again I let my kids worry about it.

Getter-Done 07-20-2021 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8947089)
Didnt get a shot off as the neighbor came over and said he caught it in a hav-a-hart trap . Told him he would have to go at least 10 miles from the house to release it

:lol:
10 miles for sure.;)

Do they taste good with BBQ sauce:lol:

LockDoc 07-23-2021 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
-
Wife and I drove the '34 Coupe to the local Cruise Night last night. The turnout hasn't been as good as it used to be before the Covid shutdown. It was a really nice evening though.

LockDoc

Boog 07-23-2021 03:09 PM

I imagine most any evening out in a 34 coupe is cool but to share the evening with like minded folks, well, that's about as good as it gets I'd say.

LT7A 07-23-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 8948749)
-
Wife and I drove the '34 Coupe to the local Cruise Night last night. The turnout hasn't been as good as it used to be before the Covid shutdown. It was a really nice evening though.

LockDoc

Such a cool ride.

57taskforce 07-23-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 8948749)
-

LockDoc

Looks like a great time Leon!

I wasn’t as fortunate, I got stuck swapping a refurb PCM into my wife’s old Grand Cherokee so I can get ready to sell it. At least that went smooth and the jeep is running great again after sitting for 2 months while I was waiting for time to get a look at it.

Low Elco 07-23-2021 04:48 PM

Awww.... coolest kids in town! Miss you guys!

special-K 07-23-2021 06:13 PM

The three cars I see make a good enough turn out for me! Glad you and Pat got to shake the '34 down to the cruise-in

72c20customcamper 07-23-2021 06:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Worked on the Tacoma rear diff. It’s very similar to the Ford 9 inch with a welded cover and removable third member . But a common problem is the cover rots I patched it with JB WELD last fall . Used to have to replace the whole rear but now companies are making the covers . Problem is it needs to be completely dissasembled

57taskforce 07-23-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8948838)
Worked on the Tacoma rear diff. It’s very similar to the Ford 9 inch with a welded cover and removable third member . But a common problem is the cover rots I patched it with JB WELD last fall . Used to have to replace the whole rear but now companies are making the covers . Problem is it needs to be completely dissasembled

Well that looks like one hell of a great time…

LockDoc 07-23-2021 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8948757)
I imagine most any evening out in a 34 coupe is cool but to share the evening with like minded folks, well, that's about as good as it gets I'd say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 8948762)
Such a cool ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 8948764)
Looks like a great time Leon!

I wasn’t as fortunate, I got stuck swapping a refurb PCM into my wife’s old Grand Cherokee so I can get ready to sell it. At least that went smooth and the jeep is running great again after sitting for 2 months while I was waiting for time to get a look at it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 8948795)
Awww.... coolest kids in town! Miss you guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8948835)
The three cars I see make a good enough turn out for me! Glad you and Pat got to shake the '34 down to the cruise-in

Thanks guys. There were about 15 cars & trucks there so it made it interesting. A friend of mine was there that will turn 90 next week. He was instrumental in my lifetime interest in hotrods and vintage vehicles. He still has the '40 Ford Coupe that he built when he was in high school. I am going to be posting about another amazing friend of mine in another thread in a day or so, so watch for that.

LockDoc

Ol Blue K20 07-23-2021 07:19 PM

It looks fun Leon. You guys are great looking couple!

GOPAPA 07-23-2021 07:47 PM

I sanded and repainted some old rusty license plates.. something I would of never done back when I was not retired.. always looking for something to do I guess..