The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773345)

72Teeroy 07-08-2021 07:36 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smitty (Post 8941370)
Head up butt. Backed into post this morning. Removed head. Made appt. at body shop and ordered new bumper from Wes.

Ouch man sorry to hear about that

67C10Step 07-08-2021 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my Boyd’s tank and accessories delivered today. Could not help myself but to do a quick fit test. Will try to mount it up this weekend.

cab4word67 07-09-2021 12:07 AM

Drove mine today, god Im lovin this thing now that its down on the ground. https://i.ibb.co/rkvP7hR/IMG-1314.jpg

tim_mc 07-09-2021 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked up mine from Custom Differentials in Bloomsdale, MO. Jeremy's team upgraded my 12-bolt open diff 3.08 to a 3.42 posi. No more whine and now 2-wheel peel! The old pinion bearing was heading south in a hurry. I can now hear myself think while cruising down the interstate. I also needed new axles. Tomorrow I'll pull the speedo cable on the 700R4 and see what driven gear is in there since my speedo is fast by about 15%. Per the rule, add 1 tooth for every 5% difference if the speedo is faster than actual. Thanks Jeremy!

OregonNed 07-11-2021 05:17 AM

Mine just came back from a complete rebuild and upgrade of the differential - went from open carrier 3:08 to Eaton Posi with 3:42 gearing. I also finally received my new vent window assemblies to join my new door windows for that project. going into my 3rd month waiting for new regulators to get this done - hopefully by the end of July.

ChevyGuyNC 07-11-2021 01:09 PM

Replaced the high beam kick switch, and adjusted the glovebox door as it wasn't opening without pulling on it.

Up next, after a couple cruise-ins will be the carb rebuild and recharge the AC. Oh and search for an old post that had a link to a twist valve for the heater hose. (Edit- found it, ordered)

KQQL IT 07-11-2021 01:37 PM

Washed it in 108° that's enough for me.

67C10Step 07-13-2021 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not today but over the weekend I did manage to get the Boyd's tank in it's permanent home, bed box epoxy primed, assembled, and test fit back on the truck. Run new fuel lines and sending unit wire next.

ChevyGuyNC 07-13-2021 05:32 PM

No pics but... decided to disconnect the heater core rather than use the manual shut off valve.... I looked at it and figured even if I have the valve on the engine block side, hot water could still flow from the radiator side into the core and thus into the cab. So I ran from the block to the radiator and left the heater core disconnected. Doubt I'll ever need the heat in FL even in Dec/Jan....

A/C seems to run a whole lot better now.... big test will be running down to Daytona Buccee's tomorrow for a C10 Club FL meet.

Dash lights are all working now too... LED's for illumination, 194 incandescent for the idiot lights.

After the next two events, carb will go to National Carburetors for rebuild. They say 10 days max, and I'm local so... fingers crossed it'll be quick.

Went to the inaugural Caffeine & Octane here in Jax on Saturday. Very cool.

lil hoodlum 07-14-2021 02:38 AM

No pics, but on my '68 C20 the ammeter was showing the circuit as discharging. I replaced the alternator with a know good alternator that tested good. No change, so I replaced the voltage regulator with an old one that I had laying around. Ammeter then bounced around from charging to discharging. I then replaced the horn relay and voltage regulator with brand new ones and now showing "charging" for the most part... May look at and replace the 53 year old charging circuit wiring harness next...

SoCoC10 07-14-2021 05:18 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Vinyl wrapped another set of 1972 Deluxe woodgrain door panels. Thanks for the trade Gene!

cab4word67 07-14-2021 11:34 AM

Replaced my new 17" front wheels/tires with 255/35R20s from the rear and put on new 275/40R20s on the rear. Now the trucks right. Its tight up front, just a little tire scuff from time to time on the inners. Cant really move them as they are welded to the fenders, but Im working on that too. mite want to find a firmer shock than the Belltech Street Performance Shocks I installed. https://i.ibb.co/sw7VDt5/IMG-1349.jpg

Steeveedee 07-14-2021 02:58 PM

Towed my travel trailer to the dealer for some work. It would appear that the warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on. :mad:

ChevyGuyNC 07-15-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCoC10 (Post 8945066)
Vinyl wrapped another set of 1972 Deluxe woodgrain door panels. Thanks for the trade Gene!

Those look great! It looks like you trimmed them inside the chrome strip?

I really need to take mine to a wrap shop and see if they could do something similar.

Sheepdip 07-15-2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8945269)
Towed my travel trailer to the dealer for some work. It would appear that the warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on. :mad:

Lol!.....my brother bought a brand new 30ft 5th wheel about 3 years ago and after the shakedown cruise took it in for a few repairs/issues.

One of the issues was the shower trap was dripping into the cargo area.
The dealer told him that the leak was within "Factory Tolerances"
(That's no B.S.)

They changed their tune once he demanded the regional sales reps number which they balked at first giving him.

Steeveedee 07-15-2021 07:53 PM

I'm kind of stuck there. This trailer was purchased at a bankruptcy sale at the manufacturer, so I can't complain to them. We'll see how it shakes out. The big issue is that the 220 connection quit working, and they're talking "maybe" it's covered by the warranty. :confused:

allchevy58 07-15-2021 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got some dings out, polished with 00 steelwool and wax and repainted the black. I'm happy with the results.

SoCoC10 07-20-2021 08:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Repaired the trim that holds the woodgrain inserts on my Cheyenne’s door panels.

OregonNed 07-20-2021 08:26 PM

Started the rebuild of both my doors - all new internals and glass. Just waiting on one more door relay for the passenger side. Here are the parts pulled from both sides.

OregonNed 07-20-2021 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Driver side

OregonNed 07-20-2021 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Passenger side

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 07-20-2021 09:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Longer haul than I'd like to admit to, but I had to make bumper brackets for this application. Really just a mod of set of common brackets for an uncommon frame. I feared it might be too low, so installed them with the bed on and happy to see nothing to it It ended up nice and close as well at 3/8" off the bed.

Get to pull it a 3rd time for new chrome:metal: Money pit.

Smitty 07-20-2021 11:55 PM

Nice shoes!

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 07-21-2021 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smitty (Post 8947814)
Nice shoes!

:lol::lol: Right. $35 YEARS ago, a heavy landscape job and most days since.

Smitty 07-21-2021 09:12 AM

Money well spent. And the bumper fit looks great too. :c2:

72c20customcamper 07-22-2021 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took the 68 down to the car wash to pressure wash the engine . Killed two birds with one stone . Hooked up the prodigy brake control in blue worked great . And the pic was taken after I got back and took off the straps :lol: . Still need to check tongue weight might need to move the load a little . Wish I could put the weight distribution bars on it but the mounts I have don’t work on an aluminum frame . But there is still a good 3 inches+ before the bump stops hit.

Boog 07-22-2021 06:50 PM

Mark if need be you can add some AirLift helper bags to blue to lift up the rear just a touch when loaded. I have them on my 06 crew cab.

72c20customcamper 07-22-2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8948477)
Mark if need be you can add some AirLift helper bags to blue to lift up the rear just a touch when loaded. I have them on my 06 crew cab.

Not going to tow much . It didnt drop the rear all that much I'm going to get the tongue weight around 450 and see where it sets . Figure the truck is about 3400 lbs trailer is 1350 so it's under 5000lbs. Need to do this on level ground

allchevy58 07-23-2021 12:13 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Got a little more put back on.

cab4word67 07-23-2021 02:18 AM

I got my LED headlight lamps install, went with these from Amazon HIKARI TOP XHP50.2 LED, H4 9003 LED Bulbs Conversion Kit, Dual Beam, 10000lm , very pleased with how they work in my Hella knock offs and also added clear parking lens with AUXLIGHT 1157 5W Switchback LED Bulbs, makes the parking lights light up almost like daytime driving lamps.

pjmoreland 07-23-2021 12:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Converted to a manual choke. Wanted a more original look and feel. I don't hardly even need a choke where I live anyway.

OregonNed 07-23-2021 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
While waiting on the window sashes to come in for my door project, I decided to take advantage of having the door panels off to fix a vibration rattle of the door handles. I had a bunch of the Fat Mat left over, so I added some strategic pieces of it on the inner door metal. So far so good - not pretty, but it will be covered up in the end. I can a more solid "thud" when I rap my hand on the door now.

Chevys4life 07-25-2021 09:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Managed to get something done this weekend. Fixed rust places in the cab with patch panels. I put a little seam sealer in some areas of the floor. I had some Por-15 left over from something I did, so I just put it on the entire floor. Also, installed the factory sound deadening stuff and installed my rubber floor mat. It is nice to finally see some progress after putting in the hours. Thank God it is not a show truck and I have to do everything to factory specs!!!

OregonNed 07-25-2021 09:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Drivers door regulator in and the rear channels restored for reuse

OregonNed 07-25-2021 09:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I’m not reusing these sash pieces, but they are getting restored and should be serviceable in the future. I keep every part I pull off that I either upgrade or replace.

Hotcorner 07-25-2021 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevys4life (Post 8949468)
Managed to get something done this weekend. Fixed rust places in the cab with patch panels. I put a little seam sealer in some areas of the floor. I had some Por-15 left over from something I did, so I just put it on the entire floor. Also, installed the factory sound deadening stuff and installed my rubber floor mat. It is nice to finally see some progress after putting in the hours. Thank God it is not a show truck and I have to do everything to factory specs!!!

Which floor mat is that? Did you have to trim it?

maverickmk 07-26-2021 09:24 AM

Pulled the motor, trans and almost have the crossmember out to replace the crossmember, add power steering & power brakes.
Also looks like I will need to replace the flywheel :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/A0ENSMB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/La35Q3C.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vY65ZRG.jpg

BigBird05 07-26-2021 09:30 AM

Hope the machine shop can save that fly wheel.

maverickmk 07-26-2021 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBird05 (Post 8949895)
Hope the machine shop can save that fly wheel.

There's no saving that, I'm going to replace it.

Chevys4life 07-26-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotcorner (Post 8949760)
Which floor mat is that? Did you have to trim it?

That floor mat came from USA1 Industries down in North Carolina. You don't have to do anything to it at all except punch out the holes for where it fits in the cab.