The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

OrrieG 11-03-2012 08:48 PM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

Read thru the TF one piece thread, watched the videos, took notes and modified my doors. I elected to keep the latch piece where it is and compenstated on the other side. So far looking good, tomorrow going to put in the regulator and masonite "glass" to fine tune it.

mobileortho 11-05-2012 12:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Wanted to get the rear speakers off the floor, so I cut the box down so that it would fit in the cab corners.

OrrieG 11-05-2012 03:09 PM

Still finetuning the windows, on hold until the channels get here. Made a support for my floor jack to hold the doors during hinge installation.

crossfire84 11-05-2012 05:35 PM

nice work

mknittle 11-07-2012 09:19 PM

Finished up my new transmission cross member. and got a quart of rust bullet.

NEWFISHER 11-08-2012 03:48 PM

Pulled the seat in the Apache and tore it down to the springs, rebuilding the foam and installing a new fitted cover.

mknittle 11-08-2012 11:49 PM

the brown truck brought my front control arm bushings

Speedbumpauto 11-09-2012 11:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
FINALLY got the Lokar parking brake the way I wanted it and got the boot to fit without interference from the mounting bolts. I also fabbed up a (I think) pretty sweet shifter for the overdrive unit so I won't have to use that ugly cable and big red knob under the dash.(US Gear V2, not Gearvendors) I'll get the shifter handle chromed to match the other two, but I think it turned out kinda neat. I wanted the E brake handle to stick up some cuz I think it gives a little bit of the "old truck" look.

renegade8720 11-09-2012 05:58 PM

Looking good!

Renegade

tttuba 11-09-2012 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Days...got my wheel spacers so I can use the stock wheels with disc brakes. Now to get all the Halloween items that are drying on the truck off so I can install these shiny pieces of metal.

crossfire84 11-10-2012 01:16 PM

sweet!!!

itstheshu 11-10-2012 03:58 PM

Finished up the wiring. So I threw the seat back in and took it for a drive.

waybad 11-10-2012 04:23 PM

put points plugs cap rotor

Dan in Pasadena 11-10-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedbumpauto (Post 5693430)
FINALLY got the Lokar parking brake the way I wanted it and got the boot to fit without interference from the mounting bolts. I also fabbed up a (I think) pretty sweet shifter for the overdrive unit so I won't have to use that ugly cable and big red knob under the dash.(US Gear V2, not Gearvendors) I'll get the shifter handle chromed to match the other two, but I think it turned out kinda neat. I wanted the E brake handle to stick up some cuz I think it gives a little bit of the "old truck" look.

How about some more info on that parking brake lever install? Is that stand-off you fabricated necessary for mechanical reasons too or just to make the boot fit right, as you mentioned? Maybe a Lokar part number for it?

_Ogre 11-10-2012 07:48 PM

drove mine :D

good looking parking brake speedbump
i may need to add one to my truck this winter

OrrieG 11-10-2012 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ac condensate drain line and started fitting doors.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

meter swinger 11-10-2012 10:35 PM

I pulled it out of the garage for first time in about three months. Then it started snow. So i fiqured what the hell, went back into the garage and made a martini and watched some football. :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

tttuba 11-10-2012 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
got the adapters and the stock wheels on.

Daze57 11-11-2012 12:09 AM

meter swinger

i hope it was very dry where you are ! (i mean the martini)

meter swinger 11-11-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daze57 (Post 5696138)
meter swinger

i hope it was very dry where you are ! (i mean the martini)

LOL. Dry and Dirty my friend. :ito:
Posted via Mobile Device

4DSEVEN 11-11-2012 08:09 AM

Rear fenders got painted.:metal:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...e/IMG_1312.jpg

Speedbumpauto 11-11-2012 09:55 AM

That's a pretty fender! Dan, I've grumped about Lokar boot fit before but my limited ability has yet to figure out how to mount that brake(I've used 2) in a way that the mounting bolts or nuts don't interfere with what I consider proper mounting of the boot trim ring. I made the valence or standoff in order to have the trim ring screw down flat with 10-24 nutserts(I hate sheet metal screws) and lay flat with the carpet and still be able to remove the brake assembly if needed. Had to do the same thing with the floor mounted shifter. Maybe I'm just too picky but if they made those boot/ trim rings an inch wider on both, the problem would be solved, IMO. I got the angle I wanted by mounting the front of the brake down to the floor and the rear up through the bottom of the floor. Then I had to fabricate a new link for the cables out of 1x3 tubing since the Lokar link isn't wide enough to clear the bolt the mounting ears attach with. A simple redesign would make that brake infinitely more versitile. Close up pics if you want or need.

mknittle 11-11-2012 11:51 AM

[quote=_Ogre;5695722]drove mine :D

Show off:lol:

hsdropout 11-11-2012 10:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Set bed on chassis...........still gotta paint the back of cab, 4 fenders and da hood. The backyard booth is too cold now.........

mknittle 11-11-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsdropout (Post 5697739)
Set bed on chassis...........still gotta paint the back of cab, 4 fenders and da hood. The backyard booth is too cold now.........

lookin good!