The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Steeveedee 08-02-2021 11:46 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8953051)
A big semi truck parked in front of my house. The guy has the material for a retaining wall I'm having built. My contractor told me it was going to be delivered today and I totally forgot. :dohh:

Now I have to move 2 cars so the forklift can get in the side yard and neither car has been started in at least a month. I am unprepared and praying that they will start.

The driver tells me that I only have to move the Corvette. He can get around the Cadillac. Good news. But now I have to see if the Vette will start. It has cobwebs on it.

So I get in the car. Cross my fingers and say "Come on baby' Press the button and she fires right up like a champ. :) Good old Chevrolet!!

Dood. Your Corvette has cobwebs on it!? What in the actual aitch ee double hockey sticks is wrong with you!? :hc:

FleetsidePaul 08-03-2021 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8953060)
Dood. Your Corvette has cobwebs on it!? What in the actual aitch ee double hockey sticks is wrong with you!? :hc:

:lol: I have 7 running cars and drive very few miles a week. There's going to be some wallflowers at this dance.

I usually take whatever is parked last in the driveway so I don't have to move anything. I'm lazy.

Dieselwrencher 08-04-2021 09:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A couple of weeks ago I used my truck to pick up a parts truck. They're definitely getting harder to find these days.

LT7A 08-04-2021 03:49 PM

Nice. Slots FTW!

57taskforce 08-04-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 8953496)
A couple of weeks ago I used my truck to pick up a parts truck. They're definitely getting harder to find these days.

Looking good as always Ryan!

LockDoc 08-04-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 8953496)

If you want another one I saw a '72 Cheyenne 10 sitting in Knoxville when I was down there today....:)

LockDoc

Dieselwrencher 08-06-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 8953735)
If you want another one I saw a '72 Cheyenne 10 sitting in Knoxville when I was down there today....:)

LockDoc

Is it for sale? All the ones I found in Knoxville were nfs last I tried.

67C10Step 08-08-2021 09:59 AM

Not today but Friday I took the day off and the wife and I went fishing. Crazy summer rain caught us and rose the creek level a foot in two hours so the fishing trip was cut short. Decided to head up towards where the other Larry and KMC live to check out the progress at the old Dog-patch USA site. Grabbed an early dinner at the Daisy Queen and then made the two hour drive home.

Oh yeah, wife caught the biggest fish of the day so she was a happy camper.

special-K 08-08-2021 02:20 PM

That was good (smart) of you to let it work out that way :cool:

72c20customcamper 08-12-2021 05:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is why all my projects take so long . I could have just wire brushed it and slipped some paint on it but no I have to media blast it and paint it nice . Rear for my wife’s 03 Tacoma . Need to do the center section tomorrow and start putting it back together.

Getter-Done 08-12-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8956987)
This is why all my projects take so long . I could have just wire brushed it and slipped some paint on it but no I have to media blast it and paint it nice . Rear for my wife’s 03 Tacoma . Need to do the center section tomorrow and start putting it back together.

That looks Great:metal:

I feel your pain:lol:

Seems like every Project I have done Lately.

I felt like I need to make a jig for:lol:

Like I am really going into Mass Production:crazy::haha:

.,,///

special-K 08-13-2021 05:39 AM

It feels good to do it right, to do a good job.

72c20customcamper 08-14-2021 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Your right Tim. Do it right or don’t do it at all . Got the center section done now I’ll change out the seals and the bearings on the axles and get it back in .

LS short box 08-14-2021 09:33 PM

I changed out the front pads and rotors on my wife's 300 Chrysler today. Those caliper bracket bolts are crazy tight. Mopar must use some thing similar to red Loctite on the bolts. They turned hard all the way out.

1slo64 08-15-2021 12:56 PM

Went to look at a few cars to flip, may keep the blue mustang. They also had 2 60s C50s that I'd love to have but I don't have the space to store them or a way to transport them home.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...82f8c381_c.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...7df3cdfa_c.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...979245e6_c.jpg

57taskforce 08-15-2021 01:36 PM

Hell with the mustang, whats the story on the TA? As a dedicated Camaro guy, I have not shame in my hatred for mustangs:lol:

1slo64 08-15-2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 8958228)
Hell with the mustang, whats the story on the TA? As a dedicated Camaro guy, I have not shame in my hatred for mustangs:lol:

The mustang is a Boss 302, so it's worth it for me. Trans am is a 79, auto with the 6.6 litre engine. My cousin thinks it might be a special edition so I've ordered a report from PHS to confirm that. Has some rust but really not too bad, the interior I think I can save minus the headliner.

LS short box 08-15-2021 04:48 PM

Went to the car show in St.Cloud MN today. About 500 cars. Swap meet was a bit smaller than years past. Car corral was much smaller than years past. All in all still a great day to wander around and look at stuff.

Steeveedee 08-15-2021 06:11 PM

Cut up the wood for an expansion chest for my carving tools. Got the interior sanded and am almost ready to stain and finish. I will finish the inside first, then assemble, then finish the outside. It's not all that big (2 drawers) and it would be tough to get my big ol' mitts inside to finish it after assembly.

57taskforce 08-15-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slo64 (Post 8958287)
The mustang is a Boss 302, so it's worth it for me. Trans am is a 79, auto with the 6.6 litre engine. My cousin thinks it might be a special edition so I've ordered a report from PHS to confirm that. Has some rust but really not too bad, the interior I think I can save minus the headliner.

Heck yea on both accounts. Don’t mind me, I’m just a shi talking SOB when it comes to certain things, I like to give mustang owners/lovers a hard time but my bark is much worse than my bite. There are several of them I have respect for. If it weren’t for the stang there would likely be no Camaro so I am grateful to Ford for that. Those Boss 302 cars definitely are worth snagging when you can. Hope you get it. That Trans AM looks awesome. I love the late second gen birds.

Steeveedee 08-15-2021 08:26 PM

Got the stain on the interior sides of my tool chest (see two posts up). Wow, the fumes of that stain clobbered my bronchii! Guess I'll stain the exterior outside.

davischevy 08-15-2021 09:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I put some ribs on the smoker this morning, then got on the tractor and bushhog and clipped some weeds.

After I ate the ribs, I washed my 55.

lux 08-15-2021 10:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Rebuilt, Tuned and Balanced the carbs on my 1961 BMW R69s.

67C10Step 08-16-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8958386)
I put some ribs on the smoker this morning, then got on the tractor and bushhog and clipped some weeds.

After I ate the ribs, I washed my 55.

Isn't this the same car that went in for a touch up paint job that took months? Looks VERY nice. Probably my favorite of the tri-fives.

davischevy 08-16-2021 01:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8958573)
Isn't this the same car that went in for a touch up paint job that took months? Looks VERY nice. Probably my favorite of the tri-fives.

Yeah, I signed on for a little bit of paint touchup. The original shop bailed on me. Ozark Auto Body bailed me out.