The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Tootsie build for my mother with cancer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516741)

shawno72 11-08-2012 01:40 PM

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

:jdp::jdp::jdp::jdp::jdp::jdp::jdp::jdp::jdp:

XxCHEVYMANxX 11-08-2012 06:47 PM

Beautiful !

David67 11-08-2012 08:11 PM

Looking amazing. Texas is the place to be!

ortegamotor 11-08-2012 10:06 PM

Dude , WOW!!

VA72C10 11-08-2012 10:38 PM

Truck's looking amazing!

mjensen 11-08-2012 10:50 PM

I'm not sure why I even have a build thread :lol:

This thing is freaking awesome!!!!

Newtz67 11-08-2012 11:25 PM

Wow, looks awesome bro!

duallyjams 11-09-2012 09:24 AM

The truck is stunning.

All I can tell you is don't move Maryland unless you want to pay more taxes.

N2TRUX 11-09-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 5691836)
...... So need to move were there is decent weather and good car scene.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David67 (Post 5692489)

Thats very true. I just recently had a talk with a new regional manager of one of my restaurant groups. She is moving from California where she ran the office for her husband who is a dentist. He is selling his practice and moving to Texas because California is killing them with taxes.

They are looking at buying in the Austin hill country area. Its very pricey by our standards, and she is amazed at how "cheap" everything is compared to California prices.

Eric..c'mon down buddy. We got plenty of room and lots of hotrod shops in Texas.

aggie91 11-09-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2TRUX (Post 5693490)
Thats very true. I just recently had a talk with a new regional manager of one of my restaurant groups. She is moving from California where she ran the office for her husband who is a dentist. He is selling his practice and moving to Texas because California is killing them with taxes.

They are looking at buying in the Austin hill country area. Its very pricey by our standards, and she is amazed at how "cheap" everything is compared to California prices.

Eric..c'mon down buddy. We got plenty of room and lots of hotrod shops in Texas.

X2 Come on over, you are always welcomed here in Texas!

sighlurr 11-09-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 5690364)
This is a serious question. Does anyone on the board know Texas well. After last nights elections California has the highest taxes in the union. I am sick of this state and my wife and I want out. Can someone please help guide me on the places that are nice in Texas. I am serious about this so any advice would be great. I am looking to go on vaction there to see what texas has to offer

Man, I totally thought you were kidding over text this morning.

Gabby and I seriously looked into this 5 years ago. My family actually move to CA from TX in '78. Hands down, Austin is the spot. Young families, cool downtown.

Please go there and this will make it an easier sell to the wife to visit and maybe relocate someday. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

knomadd 11-09-2012 05:35 PM

WOW, that's looking killer! Great job so far! Can't wait to see the end result.

original-71 11-09-2012 06:00 PM

truck is looking very nice

toocrazy 11-09-2012 08:55 PM

Eric, move to Sarasota, Fl. There is property right next to me!! Good weather and lots of old people with bad teeth. :lol: Your a dentist right.....man you could clean up here!!!

superflysteiny 11-09-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 5691848)
Looks great, I would be a nervous wreck taking those nice painted body panels off and on so many times....
Tape my friend lots of tape
Is Steinbrecher a German name?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 5691851)
she looks amazing !

thank u
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham57a (Post 5691874)
Looks great man. If it were me I'd highly consider keeping those wheels polished. They look perfect under there

going gold sorry
Quote:

Originally Posted by LEX (Post 5691902)
My oh my.

thank u
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusbuilt (Post 5691966)
Gorgeous sir!

thank u
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawno72 (Post 5691981)
:jdp::jdp::jdp::jdp::jdp::jdp::jdp::jdp::jdp:

glad you like it

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxCHEVYMANxX (Post 5692378)
Beautiful !

thank u
Quote:

Originally Posted by David67 (Post 5692489)

I agree
Quote:

Originally Posted by ortegamotor (Post 5692723)
Dude , WOW!!

thanks Tony
Quote:

Originally Posted by VA72C10 (Post 5692802)
Truck's looking amazing!

thank you
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjensen (Post 5692834)
I'm not sure why I even have a build thread :lol:
stop man ha ha
This thing is freaking awesome!!!!

thank you
Quote:

Originally Posted by Newtz67 (Post 5692911)
Wow, looks awesome bro!

Quote:

Originally Posted by duallyjams (Post 5693303)
The truck is stunning.
thank you guys
All I can tell you is don't move Maryland unless you want to pay more taxes.

I would never to liberal
Quote:

Originally Posted by N2TRUX (Post 5693490)
it sucks out here it will only get worse

Texas we will be coming soon
Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 5693602)
X2 Come on over, you are always welcomed here in Texas!

can't wait

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSIGH (Post 5693953)

Gabby and I seriously looked into this 5 years ago. My family actually move to CA from TX in '78. Hands down, Austin is the spot. Young families, cool downtown.

Please go there and this will make it an easier sell to the wife to visit and maybe relocate someday. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

no I am not kidding
Quote:

Originally Posted by knomadd (Post 5694001)
WOW, that's looking killer! Great job so far! Can't wait to see the end result.

thank you
Quote:

Originally Posted by original-71 (Post 5694030)
truck is looking very nice

Quote:

Originally Posted by toocrazy (Post 5694333)
Eric, move to Sarasota, Fl. There is property right next to me!! Good weather and lots of old people with bad teeth. :lol: Your a dentist right.....man you could clean up here!!!

I like Florida but Texas would be better for us
Posted via Mobile Device

Zoomin 11-09-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSIGH (Post 5693953)

Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superflysteiny

I would never to liberal

Then scratch Austin off your list. :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 11-09-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomin (Post 5694460)
Then scratch Austin off your list. :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Liberal in Texas
Posted via Mobile Device

66redw/white 11-09-2012 10:46 PM

austin people are crazy. its a fun town tho. lived there alittle on and off in round rock. lots of fun and lots of trouble. lol. i think id move to the outskirts of houston myself. and when i say outskirts i mean conroe. or further. posibly the woodlands

El Campo 11-09-2012 10:47 PM

Fredricksburg is awesome little town but it is small, only about 12,000 if I remember correctly. I go there every year in the spring as the wildflowers are unmatched anywhere I have ever been. Awesome little German town with some AMAAAAAZING food (der Lindenbaum for example). Only about an hour from Austin which has room for anything no matter how strange and people like it that way. The Texas Heatwave is there every year in July and attracts tremendous number of trucks. Also the Republic of Texas motorcycle rally is in June and I go there every chance I get as it is great! Not as much humidity up there in the Hill Country as we have down in Houston and on the Coast. I am from Houston and south of Houston so I am required to hate Dallas haha. There ARE a lot of douchebags and golddiggers but if you are into that sort of thing its a cool place. Tremendous amount of good looking women, maybe even more than SoCal. Lot of good honest people also but definitely are a bunch of $30,000 millionaires there. I go there sometimes as I have friends there and its a fun place to party. Alot of my friends from there would never live anywhere else.

Zoomin 11-10-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 5694512)
Liberal in Texas

College town. Truthfully, Texas is starting to turn purple because of the growing number of Hispanics
Posted via Mobile Device

darkgable79 11-10-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 5690364)
This is a serious question. Does anyone on the board know Texas well. After last nights elections California has the highest taxes in the union. I am sick of this state and my wife and I want out. Can someone please help guide me on the places that are nice in Texas. I am serious about this so any advice would be great. I am looking to go on vaction there to see what texas has to offer

I'm from Texas where everything is bigger & better. I've seen some comments about staying away from Houston because of the size & congestion, but with you coming from Cali I'm sure you're already used to that. Houston has everything you can think of to offer. Car scene, truck scene, nice restaurants, excellent schools, night life, jobs, weather, the Texans, Rockets, & even though they suck right now; the Astros. We have 2 of the nicest areas in the country with the Woodlands & Pearland. Both are right on the outskirts of Houston. Houston is so big that it's hard to say what's inside the city limits. Anyway, both of these areas have their own town squares if you don't wish to drive into Houston. I believe the Woodlands ranks in the top 3-5 areas in the country. www.thewoodlands.com & www.shadowcreekranch.net
Judging from your house you'd fit right in in either of these areas. Plus if you sell your house in Cali you'd be able to buy a house twice the size here in Houston. Whenever you come for vacation feel free to PM me & I'd gladly give you some great places to check out. I love my city & wouldn't want to live anywhere else man.

texastrendz 11-10-2012 07:15 PM

Houston Texas is getting pretty bad, I have lived here for 35 years and I am ready to go. We will be moving our family owned business because of tax issues and the influx of certain types of people. I will not leave the state, but Houston is out. With your type of Income you are probably going to get taxed to death anywhere you go, under the Obama plan. Just like us.

truckmanloco 11-10-2012 07:30 PM

Hey Brother i would say no to Houston. Wifes family is from there its alright not great. I would say Austin which is a really cool scene or Dallas nice suburbs (Rockwall is one) .

CC69Rat 11-10-2012 07:45 PM

We need a new Dentist in Chattanooga. Nott many teeth in this area, but a cool city :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

jwalk 11-11-2012 01:31 AM

MAN LOOKING GOOD!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device