The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

allchevy58 08-16-2021 11:30 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

2 Attachment(s)
Started fence on new property.

72c20customcamper 08-20-2021 07:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
New service at the rental property. Electrician was going to postpone as his bucket truck fried the motor(Ford)but I said I’ll rent a boom and just take it off the bill he was fine with that

Steeveedee 08-20-2021 08:05 PM

Good move on your part, and he really should be fine with it, as he can get your job done now, as opposed to later.

72c20customcamper 08-20-2021 09:11 PM

Central Hudson never showed up to change from the pole to the house and put in the new meter. So now it juiced up but no meter

67C10Step 08-20-2021 09:25 PM

Took a couple customers and played a round of golf. Playing a charity tournament tomorrow. Hope for some clouds in the a.m. to keep the heat down.

Steeveedee 08-20-2021 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8960729)
Central Hudson never showed up to change from the pole to the house and put in the new meter. So now it juiced up but no meter

Free electrons! :lol:

Sorry, physics joke.

special-K 08-21-2021 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allchevy58 (Post 8958856)
Started fence on new property.

By that picture I get the impression you have quite a bit to get in. Or are you just doing the road frontage?
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8960704)
New service at the rental property. Electrician was going to postpone as his bucket truck fried the motor(Ford)but I said I’ll rent a boom and just take it off the bill he was fine with that

Looks like a 35 footer. I had to do a weekly rental for a job, Monday morning to Monday morning. Made the job go great, got done with the lift on Friday, took it home, and over the weekend took down a maple tree I wanted gone. That was a good week!
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8960729)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8960785)
Free electrons! :lol:

Sorry, physics joke.

We used to sometimes show up at a new construction job (for siding) and power was run to the meter but no meter set yet. Old Crazy Dave (also known as Davey Crockett to some) my boss would go grab jumper cables and we were cuttin' with free electrons. He liked those jumper cables. Rainy muddy job site where the cutter has to use radial arm saw while standing in a puddle (aluminum siding)? No problem, Dave would drive a crow bar into the ground and hook the cables up to the saw to ground.

72c20customcamper 08-21-2021 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They were a little neater than just jumper cables. From what I understand is their electrical license number is on the plate and it gets returned to them from the power company. Now I need to replace the vinyl siding and pressure wash

davischevy 08-21-2021 06:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Washed my 65 Chevelle before the cruise in tonight.

GOPAPA 08-21-2021 06:45 PM

A sight to see Larry ,,I am so happy for you to own this fine looking great car.......................Question : are you going to the cruise with the top down and also with your wife riding in the shot gun seat? I had a Fiat Spider convertable a few years ago and my wife said it blew her hair to much ,, I mentioned a clear plastic bag ,,,well ,,that was a bad move.. lol ;;;; have fun ,,takes some photos for us.. Ok?

Getter-Done 08-21-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8961105)

Nice car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 8961114)
A sight to see Larry ,,I am so happy for you to own this fine looking great car.......................Question : are you going to the cruise with the top down and also with your wife riding in the shot gun seat? I had a Fiat Spider convertable a few years ago and my wife said it blew her hair to much ,, I mentioned a clear plastic bag ,,,well ,,that was a bad move.. lol ;;;; have fun ,,takes some photos for us.. Ok?

Atleast you did not say a Brown paper bag.:lol:

,....//

3757chevy 08-21-2021 08:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Today I installed chrome bumpers on the Burb.

3757chevy 08-21-2021 08:12 PM

I also nominated my '35 in the Truck of the Month. https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=825011

57taskforce 08-21-2021 09:58 PM

Quote:

Larry, are you taking adoption applications???:lol: Looking killer as always!

Took momma and the kids to the river walk park today. Baby number 3 is due any day so we decided to try and speed it up. If she doesn’t come naturally before Wednesday momma is getting induced. Momma is working extra hard to get her here naturally. Over a mile worth of walking later and still no little squirt! I’m sure when she does come, it’ll be in the middle of the night. That’s how the other two have been.

While at the park I was working with my 6 year old oldest daughter, teaching her to ride her bike with out training wheels, she’s almost got it licked.

davischevy 08-21-2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 8961146)
Today I installed chrome bumpers on the Burb.

The burb looks great.

3757chevy 08-22-2021 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8961187)
The burb looks great.

Thanks other Larry . I have some new lenses coming also , just...waiting... on a back order.

FleetsidePaul 08-22-2021 12:56 AM

I made green Habanero salsa and some red salsa. Better fasten your seatbelt for the green one. My friend is going in for cataract surgery and he likes brutally hot sauce. My wife is driving him to the doctor. She said lets make him a good meal and make it hot. Not a problem for me. I can make it hotter than a stolen pistol. We're going to have some good tacos. :)

I couldn't do much outside. The smoke from the fire is thick today. It's gross. It stinks. But at least the fire is burning away from me.

I guess that I shouldn't complain. I wasn't evacuated. Some of my neighbors were. I feel for them. I've been there. You never know if anything will be there when you get back. You have to do it but it's very hard to walk away from your home.

Ol Blue K20 08-22-2021 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8961238)
I made green Habanero salsa and some red salsa. Better fasten your seatbelt for the green one. My friend is going in for cataract surgery and he likes brutally hot sauce. My wife is driving him to the doctor. She said lets make him a good meal and make it hot. Not a problem for me. I can make it hotter than a stolen pistol. We're going to have some good tacos. :)

I couldn't do much outside. The smoke from the fire is thick today. It's gross. It stinks. But at least the fire is burning away from me.

I guess that I shouldn't complain. I wasn't evacuated. Some of my neighbors were. I feel for them. I've been there. You never know if anything will be there when you get back. You have to do it but it's very hard to walk away from your home.

I agree I've had to evacuate several times. It's very scary! I've been lucky this year so far.

Stocker 08-22-2021 09:51 AM

We've been lucky so far also. Smoky but the fire is holding a few miles from us. Depending on weather, it can cover that stretch in a matter of hours. Been on pins & needles for several days, living out a suitcase while at home. Only had to evacuate once, many years ago.

Ol Blue K20 08-22-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 8961280)
We've been lucky so far also. Smoky but the fire is holding a few miles from us. Depending on weather, it can cover that stretch in a matter of hours. Been on pins & needles for several days, living out a suitcase while at home. Only had to evacuate once, many years ago.

Best of luck Mike. I know the feeling well but we've been lucky here so far....stay safe.

Stocker 08-22-2021 01:01 PM

Thanks Dale, we're doin' our best. Seems the best advice these days is to stay safe.... so right back at ya! :)

special-K 08-22-2021 02:15 PM

Stay safe guys. Let it rain.

72c20customcamper 08-22-2021 03:38 PM

Cut and split wood today till the rain from Henri started. Suppose to get 5 to 8 inches on top of the rain last week from Fred . Been a very wet summer so far the Spring house overflow is gushing hasn’t done that in 7 years . My water comes out the mountain from a natural spring that’s been hooked up to a cistern. That is overflowing too

LT7A 08-22-2021 04:54 PM

Wow, you fire guys take care. It's got to be awful to wait and wonder like that.

67C10Step 08-22-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

Larry - absolutely love this one. Buddy of mine had a 64 SS when I was in college. Man, I loved that car.

Where was the cruise in? Harrison?