The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   1969 SuperBurb build-up (Bagged and Blown!) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=200387)

AnotherWs6 07-26-2016 10:24 AM

Re: 1969 SuperBurb build-up (Bagged and Blown!)

Are there actually dash pads designed specifically for our trucks that have gauge pods in them? I recently purchased a pair of O2 sensors and gauges along with a myriad of gauge pods. I want to run the O2's so I can dial my carb in for all/different situations. I bought a bunch of pods so that I can play around with location etc. A dash pad with pods might be right up my ally. Any more info?

Hart_Rod 07-26-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 7664273)
The cost of the DD clusters aren't cheap, but like Rob said. By the time you buy all the gauges to do what one of these clusters has integrated in it, you will have a lot of gauges every where and a lot of money in it. That's why I went with the VHX in my truck. There just isn't a good place to put extra gauges in these trucks and have them visible. Sue, you can get an expensive dash pad with gauges in it. But they aren't in an ideal location either. Just my .02 on them. :lol:

:metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 (Post 7664934)
Are there actually dash pads designed specifically for our trucks that have gauge pods in them? I recently purchased a pair of O2 sensors and gauges along with a myriad of gauge pods. I want to run the O2's so I can dial my carb in for all/different situations. I bought a bunch of pods so that I can play around with location etc. A dash pad with pods might be right up my ally. Any more info?

These people used to make them: http://www.justdashes.com/gallery/

shearjs 07-31-2016 09:03 PM

Rob, I use the Bluetooth all the time to stream music that I have saved in my phone and occasionally from Pandora. Works great!

AnotherWs6 08-01-2016 09:43 AM

What about hands free?

Hart_Rod 08-01-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shearjs (Post 7670276)
Rob, I use the Bluetooth all the time to stream music that I have saved in my phone and occasionally from Pandora. Works great!

I can't wait!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 (Post 7670668)
What about hands free?

The RetroSound fourth generation Model Two Radios are the most technologically-advanced radio ever made for your classic vehicle, offering a classic in-dash look and featuring modern playback capabilities from today's digital music sources and wireless Bluetooth® enabled devices.
This is the only Made-For-iPod® radio for vintage vehicles that allows iPod/iPhone® direct control and charging via USB input, and also the only with built-in Bluetooth® connectivity for hands-free phone calls and wireless audio streaming. It also features an AM/FM Tuner with Radio Display System(RDS) to display artist and title information on the display screen.

This is a breakthrough classic car radio offering flexible mounting options with the Patented "InfiniMount" adjustable shaft system, optional faceplete extension cable and installation kits available for most popular classic vehicles. You can talk hands-free, stream audio programming to the receiver with your smartphone, connect your MP3 and WMA music files or USB thumb drive to the two rear USB ports. You'll also find two auxiliary inputs on the rear of the receiver for other sources, like a satellite radio tuner.

The optional Vintage Radio Dial Screen Protectors allow you to add authenticity and style to your receiver while still allowing you to see the digital numbers behind the graphics. They're easy to apply, they look great, and they'll help prevent scratches and everyday damage. You can also choose from 32,0000 backlight colors so the adjustable-angle LCD display will look just right in your dash.

General Features: •AM/FM RDS tuner with 30 pre-sets
•Radio Display System (RDS) capable tuner to view artists name and song titles on FM stations that broadcast text information(no built-in CD player)
•Built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
•Built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming
•Plays MP3 and WMA music files from external sources (no internal CD player)
•InfiniMount shaft/bracket system fits most car dash openings
•Adjustable-angle LCD display with 32,0000 backlight color choices
•Wide variety of vehicle dash kits available to match your application
•Radio body can be mounted remotely with optional extension cable
Audio Features:
•AM/FM RDS tuner with 30 pre-sets (18 FM/12 AM)
•User-controlled bass/treble/fader/balance adjustment
•25 watts x 4 channel RMS power amplifier
Expandability:
•iPod/iPhone® direct control and charging via USB input
•Inputs: Dual rear auxiliary and USB inputs
•Outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2.85-volt front, rear, and subwoofer)
Note: Vehicle Installation Kits are sold separately below and are required to complete radio installation.

AnotherWs6 08-01-2016 10:25 AM

I was wondering how the call quality is.

shearjs 08-07-2016 09:33 PM

I haven't used the hands free calling feature. I never even hooked the mic up. With the road noise and exhaust it would probably be difficult to get a good quality phone call in my ol beater.

Hart_Rod 08-10-2016 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally have my AC lines and inside unit reinstalled on the Burb. AND I also added a 2 Ton AC unit to cool my shop! This should make finishing this project up little more bearable, :metal:.

Rob

Dieselwrencher 08-10-2016 02:46 PM

That's a cool deal on the garage a/c! :lol:

gringoloco 08-10-2016 04:02 PM

Haha, cool deal. I'm a little jealous

Hart_Rod 08-17-2016 07:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 7679335)
That's a cool deal on the garage a/c! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gringoloco (Post 7679398)
Haha, cool deal. I'm a little jealous

Thanks guys! It's been nice to work on the burb when it's not 95 degrees and 100% humidity! I should have done this a long time ago, :lol. I also have a guy scheduled to finish the sheetrock the first part of October, which will help also.

Back to the Burb.....Still waiting on my gauges, but I'm knocking small things off of my punch list, wiring and other miscellaneous stuff. The goal is to have everything done that I can so that when the gauges arrive I can wire them up and start it.....we'll see....:lol:. Here's some pictures of the AC control panel and the RetroSound stereo installed.

Dieselwrencher 08-17-2016 03:03 PM

Very nice! I'm sorry, to ask, because it's probably in the thread, but is that a/c control a vintage air product?

Hart_Rod 08-17-2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 7686147)
Very nice! I'm sorry, to ask, because it's probably in the thread, but is that a/c control a vintage air product?

Dakota Digital

NPilot1975 08-17-2016 05:08 PM

The burb is looking good. Looks like you can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. I want your shop!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Advanced Design 08-17-2016 07:45 PM

The ac control looks good..kinda discrete. Congratulations on the shop ac!

Dieselwrencher 08-17-2016 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 7686167)
Dakota Digital

Thanks! I need to see if I can make that work in my 40 Ford. I like the looks of that.

Hart_Rod 08-23-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPilot1975 (Post 7686239)
The burb is looking good. Looks like you can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. I want your shop!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks! How's the Blazerette coming along?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advanced Design (Post 7686407)
The ac control looks good..kinda discrete. Congratulations on the shop ac!

Thanks! It's really nice working without sweat dripping everywhere! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 7686448)
Thanks! I need to see if I can make that work in my 40 Ford. I like the looks of that.

I'm sure you can, it's pretty small and fairly easy to install.

Heliarcn 08-23-2016 04:44 PM

Super clean and very symmetrical looking dash. Coming together nicely.

Hart_Rod 09-08-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heliarcn (Post 7692022)
Super clean and very symmetrical looking dash. Coming together nicely.

Thanks! I've been wrapping up a lot of small details prepping for a light off as soon as my gauges come in. If things go as planned that could be as early as next week, :metal:!

Hart_Rod 09-13-2016 09:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
All AC/heat lines crimped and installed. Not the "neatest" way to do them, but they should work. Will pull a vacuum on the complete system tonight and hopefully no leaks.... One more thing crossed off of the list, :metal:!

kikkegek 09-13-2016 09:23 AM

well, nothing sloppy there!

do you crimp them yourself?

Hart_Rod 09-13-2016 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikkegek (Post 7711419)
well, nothing sloppy there!

do you crimp them yourself?

Thanks! I bought a crimping tool from McMasters and did all of the crimping myself.

knomadd 09-13-2016 02:06 PM

That looks pretty good Rob. I did something similar on my 71. Going to keep it like that when I do the LS swap too. It's not as fancy as the all hidden stuff, but I like the way it looks.

ChuckDriver 09-13-2016 03:59 PM

Nicely done!

Dieselwrencher 09-13-2016 04:17 PM

Very nice! Getting the ac done is a big accomplishment IMO! Nice work.