The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Palf70Step 09-01-2021 06:37 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I have only been to Maine once, in January. It definitely did not have the same appealing look. ;) Very Nice camp.

Ratman74 09-01-2021 03:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tried to fly in this beautiful weather, no-go! lol

Low Elco 09-02-2021 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8965125)
If you go back to Eureka Springs and eat wings without calling me, I'll put a contract out on you. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was at the Rowdy Beaver, great place. Sorry not to put the word out -Momma and I were actually kid-free for a couple days. We were, ahem, keeping it loose. Had the Big kid's Duramax to haul the boat with, The next time I go down there, I'm bringing a better weapon for those roads! Yee-haw! I promise to call next time.

Dieselwrencher 09-02-2021 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratman74 (Post 8965400)

Thanks for your service! That looks like it would be fun to fly. Could move some stuff in a hurry.

Dieselwrencher 09-02-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8965232)
I ate home made blackberry cobbler my sister baked last weekend... in Maine. Just got back. Had a mini-family reunion with two of my sisters and their husbands. The husband in Maine is an old friend from HS my little sister took a liking to

Here's their kitchen...........................at the camp along the river

Attachment 2126952

The grille

Attachment 2126953

The potty

Attachment 2126954

Accommodations

Attachment 2126955

The dock

Their camping arrangements are very nice! What a cool property.

special-K 09-02-2021 09:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
It's neat. They simply call it "camp" up there, not the camp. I spent one night in a bed in their place, one night at camp, and one night on the shop floor on an air mattress. All three suited me just fine

Attachment 2127248

You could say their house is the shop or the shop is their house

72c20customcamper 09-02-2021 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Put the rear in the Toyota . Need to make up some brake lines put new cylinders and shoes . Just going to spray some rust converter on the rusty parts . Try to make it last a few more years .

special-K 09-03-2021 05:07 AM

Good deal. You could always paint over the convertor to help it last better.

67C10Step 09-03-2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 8965601)
I was at the Rowdy Beaver, great place. Sorry not to put the word out -Momma and I were actually kid-free for a couple days. We were, ahem, keeping it loose. Had the Big kid's Duramax to haul the boat with, The next time I go down there, I'm bringing a better weapon for those roads! Yee-haw! I promise to call next time.

Hey, it's a bit of a haul for me to get to Eureka Springs but if you guys make some plans in advance and don't mind a third wheel let me know was well. I'd be game for a road trip!

Ratman74 09-03-2021 12:52 PM

thanks, the C-17 is a cool jet and I have no complaints about my job. What I need to do is get back in the garage! Lol

LT7A 09-03-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8965923)
It's neat. They simply call it "camp" up there, not the camp. I spent one night in a bed in their place, one night at camp, and one night on the shop floor on an air mattress. All three suited me just fine

Attachment 2127248

You could say their house is the shop or the shop is their house

That camp is cool. I think you could call it RiverCamp. Kind of like RiverDa... Uh, I'll just quit now, but you could put on some Irish music, some clogs and go out on the dock and make quite a racket, haha. That shop house is very interesting as well.

LT7A 09-03-2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratman74 (Post 8965400)

That plane is a beast! Great picture of it.

Low Elco 09-03-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8966068)
Hey, it's a bit of a haul for me to get to Eureka Springs but if you guys make some plans in advance and don't mind a third wheel let me know was well. I'd be game for a road trip!

Sounds good- Have you ever been to Clem's deal in October in Fayetteville? Looks like fun. Look under Tuba trucks.

special-K 09-04-2021 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratman74 (Post 8966119)
thanks, the C-17 is a cool jet and I have no complaints about my job. What I need to do is get back in the garage! Lol

Must be Martinsburg. It isn't in the garage, but on Sept 23-25 is the ATHS Tri-State Antique Truck Show at the Clearbrook Ruritan grounds along Rt 11. Check it out, brink your truck if you can
https://aths.org/event/aths-tri-state-truck-show/

Ratman74 09-09-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 8966163)
That plane is a beast! Great picture of it.

Yep, she's been getting a real workout the last couple weeks overseas. As a longtime airlifter, it's weird to see our jets all over the news.

67C10Step 09-09-2021 01:01 PM

My labor day weekend started with a main water line break to the house right outside the meter box. Repaired the line but left the hole open a few days to make sure it didn't have any small leak still. Backfilling the hole today. No fun at all.

3757chevy 09-10-2021 12:53 AM

I picked up Chinese food from The Jade Cafe for my Wife tonight . Today was her Birthday.

FleetsidePaul 09-10-2021 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 8968912)
I picked up Chinese food from The Jade Cafe for my Wife tonight . Today was her Birthday.

I bought my wife a Birthday gift today as well.

A Porsche 986 Boxster S with 40K miles. Always garaged. It's a cream puff. My Carrera's little sister.

Happy wife equals happy life. And she's pretty happy right now :)

No pic's yet. It was hotter than Hades and we were leaving town and the dealer still had to smog it. I'll pick it up when I get back.

57taskforce 09-10-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8968920)
I bought my wife a Birthday gift today as well.

A Porsche 986 Boxster S with 40K miles. Always garaged. It's a cream puff. My Carrera's little sister.

Happy wife equals happy life. And she's pretty happy right now :)

No pic's yet. It was hotter than Hades and we were leaving town and the dealer still had to smog it. I'll pick it up when I get back.

Since she got a new toy does that mean you get to inherit her Vette?

67C10Step 09-10-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 8966268)
Sounds good- Have you ever been to Clem's deal in October in Fayetteville? Looks like fun. Look under Tuba trucks.

Low Elco - Just saw this note. I have not ever been to Clem's deal. I'll have to check that out. I went to college in Fayetteville but man that whole area is WAY different these days.

Oh yeah, more truck diversions this week. Had to replace the front wheel bearing hubs on the Impala. Got a pair of Timken units and told the wife it would take two hours. I did just a bit better than that and done it in one hour and 50 minutes. She's running smooth and quiet once again.

FleetsidePaul 09-10-2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 8968967)
Since she got a new toy does that mean you get to inherit her Vette?

No. It doesn't work that way. :lol: She keeps both. I just get the bill.

Low Elco 09-10-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8968986)
Low Elco - Just saw this note. I have not ever been to Clem's deal. I'll have to check that out. I went to college in Fayetteville but man that whole area is WAY different these days.

I'd like to go if he ever has it again, looked like fun when I couldn't go.

In on topic news, fighting moderate to severe case of burnout that's affecting lots of things. Got the marine Seafoam for the tank of the boat, taking everybody to the lake Saturday for a last ride. Got a bunch of stuff re-hung in the shop to accommodate the new cabinet.

mr.mud1 09-10-2021 11:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
i did brakes and wheel cylinders on 4 wheels,and now the heater core replaced on a 1970 Plymouth Valiant that a friend of mine brought me from Spencer's Island,Nova Scotia.there's a cool story about Spencer's Island and the "Mystery of The Mary Celeste" built on the beach at Spencer's Island about 150 years ago,if anybody wanted to look it up.his mother bought the car new,plainest thing she could buy,no radio,power steering,brakes or carpet,but 51,000 original miles and never driven in winter.what a car.it was nice to work on and see Canadian made parts,still working after 50 years.

mr.mud1 09-10-2021 11:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
i went to a couple of auctions earlier in the week,my wife had been asking about another mower so she could help out with the mowing around here,almost a full time job mowing grass,so being the warm and fuzzy caring guy i am,i said anything for you my queen and bought her 2,in case 1 breaks.she told me where to put the mower,so then to try to get back in her good books,i bought her a lovely new ring,pretty sure it's the real McCoy??anyway she told me to put the ring with the mowers.maybe i'll try the Porsche route next?

lil hoodlum 09-11-2021 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 8969242)
i went to a couple of auctions earlier in the week,my wife had been asking about another mower so she could help out with the mowing around here,almost a full time job mowing grass,so being the warm and fuzzy caring guy i am,i said anything for you my queen and bought her 2,in case 1 breaks.she told me where to put the mower,so then to try to get back in her good books,i bought her a lovely new ring,pretty sure it's the real McCoy??anyway she told me to put the ring with the mowers.maybe i'll try the Porsche route next?

It appears that your property/ homestead is just off of the coast.

I'm curious, how is the fishing?