The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Low Elco 09-14-2021 09:23 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I'm sorry Paul.

Ol Blue K20 09-14-2021 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8970492)
Thanks guys. It was a shock. I lost my mom about a month ago. That really wasn't a surprise. She was 91 and in very poor health. This time it was different. He was only 66 and never drank or smoked a day in his life. He was very health conscious.

I still don't know what happened. I've been contacted by the medical examiner but they just asked me questions and didn't tell me anything.

It's ironic. My father died the same way. Sitting in his chair watching TV.

I think that I'm going to sell my TV.

It's nice to know your sense of humor is still hunkering in there somewhere. You're still in my thoughts and prayers buddy

FleetsidePaul 09-15-2021 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8970715)
It's nice to know your sense of humor is still hunkering in there somewhere. You're still in my thoughts and prayers buddy

Thanks. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude as much as possible.

Dieselwrencher 09-15-2021 07:49 AM

Paul, I'm very sorry for your loss. That is beyond crazy for your Dad to pass the same way. My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.

67C10Step 09-15-2021 07:52 AM

Paul,
So very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for comfort to you and your family.

Lost my sister in law the same way back in 2016, she was only 42 and my wife's younger sister. Two weeks later lost a good friend of mine and our last conversation he had called to check on how my wife was doing.

Hope you are doing well, Paul.

LT7A 09-15-2021 03:24 PM

Damn dude. I can't even imagine this. So sorry.

special-K 09-15-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8970492)
...It's ironic. My father died the same way. Sitting in his chair watching TV.

I think that I'm going to sell my TV.

*No Paul, I'd hate to see you do that. Don't sell your TV, just try laying down or standing up. My dad, in his later years, had a thing about lying on the floor in front of the TV. If you gave him a $10,000 chair he'd still lay on the floor. The TV didn't kill him, diabetes did

* I hope it's not too soon to match your humor. Look for comfort in all this but also let the grief run through, because it's there and needs out.

Steeveedee 09-15-2021 08:04 PM

I'm watching as the paint chips fly off my neighbor's house, and land all over the place. Like my driveway and side yard. One of the benefits of acreage is not having to put up with that, but my wife wants to stay here and never move again. The painters went at it with a pressure washer yesterday, and circular sanders like car buffers today. I moved my vehicles (after the neighbor warned me about 2 hours before the painters started) yesterday, but left them there today. I for certain am not going to have them in the driveway when they start painting. These people always hire buffoons, it never fails. They'll get overspray all over everything. We had our house painted in '03 or so, and the painters made no sort of mess in the neighborhood. I was working out of town when the work was done, but was back and forth and could see that they weren't pigging the place up. I don't want to park my vehicles too far away, because the wife is the one who likes to vandalize things, and is the reason we have security cams up.

special-K 09-15-2021 08:17 PM

Anyone can open a paint can and put paint on things. It's doing it neatly that makes a painter. Many who call themselves painters out there aren't. Many who don't call themselves painter will paint for the money.

davischevy 09-15-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 8966268)
Sounds good- Have you ever been to Clem's deal in October in Fayetteville? Looks like fun. Look under Tuba trucks.

I have been and it is great. I hope some of us can meet up there.

davischevy 09-15-2021 08:33 PM

Sorry Paul, I just now saw the post about your brother. Your in our thoughts and prayers.

I want to go the same way, ....................but I ain't ready yet..

FleetsidePaul 09-16-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8971167)
*No Paul, I'd hate to see you do that. Don't sell your TV, just try laying down or standing up. My dad, in his later years, had a thing about lying on the floor in front of the TV. If you gave him a $10,000 chair he'd still lay on the floor. The TV didn't kill him, diabetes did

* I hope it's not too soon to match your humor. Look for comfort in all this but also let the grief run through, because it's there and needs out.

I don’t think using humor in a tragic situation can come too soon. If you can make someone in pain smile or chuckle. How can that possibly be a bad thing? Or even saying funny things to help yourself through dark times. It’s a way of coping and keeping your chin up. A smile and a laugh can’t come fast enough when you are hurting. I don’t think it’s insensitive. Because what is the alternative? To cry in your beer? That's not going to help or change anything.

Bad things happen and we all have had to deal with that. I think our lost loved ones would rather see us happy than sad. I know that if I passed that I would want to see the people in my life happy.

Except my ex wife. Screw her.

67C10Step 09-17-2021 07:18 PM

Sitting on the square in Mt. View Arkansas with my wife. Got a belly full of Tommy’s Famous Pizza and waiting on the band to fire up. The band is a bunch of guys from my hometown just down the road.

1slo64 09-18-2021 09:40 PM

Ripped the mustang apart to get it ready for paint. I have less than a month to get body work and paint done so I can attend the biggest car show in the area.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...9e617fef_c.jpg

3757chevy 09-19-2021 12:29 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 8962939)
I had some rock brought in to fill my canyons in the drive. I started with a shovel and wheel barrow to fill in 18" deep spots.

Today I had a friend with a box blade on his tractor come by and spread some road base I had delivered. I got washed out back on July 3rd and again on July 31st and have been waiting to fix it in case we were to get more rains like in July

72c20customcamper 09-20-2021 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took a ride needed some down time .

Blue GMC 09-20-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slo64 (Post 8972854)
Ripped the mustang apart to get it ready for paint. I have less than a month to get body work and paint done so I can attend the biggest car show in the area.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...9e617fef_c.jpg

Man that is ambitious good luck. Make sure to show us pics when it’s done. Wish mine would have only taken a month not sat in paint jail for almost 3 years

Low Elco 09-21-2021 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8973582)
Took a ride needed some down time .

Is that a Road Glide? Youngest and several of his friends have just bought Harleys. I've been eyeing the stripped down hot rod versions. These kids are a bad influence on my life.

72c20customcamper 09-21-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 8973866)
Is that a Road Glide? Youngest and several of his friends have just bought Harleys. I've been eyeing the stripped down hot rod versions. These kids are a bad influence on my life.

Yes ,I bought it before the Street Glide frenzy when Glids were regarded as the red head stepchild .Only Harley can strip something down and charge more for it.

Side note both my touring bikes have frame mounted fairings . Much more stable at speed and in cross winds. My other bike is a Goldwing

dieseldawg142 09-22-2021 05:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
was doing some rock climbing with the dawgs the other day....didn't expect the dawgs to come down the way they did though
Attachment 2133537

holy jeebus...here comes Rumble right down the side of the rocks
Attachment 2133536

can see his skid marks as he came down......
Attachment 2133542

....and it was pretty steep, and about 12 feet or so of vertical. he practically fell off the side of it....
Attachment 2133541

dieseldawg142 09-22-2021 05:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
last ride wit the quad i had a stick come thru my grille and almost punched a hole in my rad.
so i brought a piece of 18 ga perforated home from work and fixed the situation
Attachment 2133550Attachment 2133551

decided to fix my fr bumper while at it. bashed the dents as good as i could with the BFH, then weld and grind, more weld and grind, then repeat 5 or 6 more times 'till they were round again, then some new bedliner sprayed on it
Attachment 2133548Attachment 2133552Attachment 2133553

Stocker 09-22-2021 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 (Post 8974722)
can see his skid marks as he came down......
Attachment 2133542

If I came down that, I would leave skid marks too... :lol:

4u2nv 09-22-2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 (Post 8974726)
last ride wit the quad i had a stick come thru my grille and almost punched a hole in my rad.
so i brought a piece of 18 ga perforated home from work and fixed the situation
Attachment 2133550Attachment 2133551

decided to fix my fr bumper while at it. bashed the dents as good as i could with the BFH, then weld and grind, more weld and grind, then repeat 5 or 6 more times 'till they were round again, then some new bedliner sprayed on it
Attachment 2133548Attachment 2133552Attachment 2133553

What do you work at , that steel looks like hammer mill screen ???

72c20customcamper 09-22-2021 08:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finished up the bathroom in the rental

Steeveedee 09-22-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8974789)
Finished up the bathroom in the rental

You do really nice work!