The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What did you do with your truck today, Part 3 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=713560)

Black_Sheep 08-24-2018 07:09 PM

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

5 Attachment(s)
More parts going on, these universal polyurethane pads are replacing the plain rubber ones between the bed x-members and the frame...

oldman3 08-24-2018 07:19 PM

Looks very nice...Jim

idbeast 08-24-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DransportGarage (Post 8329435)
Well, a few of my parts are purtier than they were yesterday. I started off the day by killing about 15 flying bugs that had found their way into the garage overnight. They must have liked the smell of the basecoat. I was really worried, but by 11:00 all the bugs were gone - but one. He found his way onto the middle of the hood, but he was late to the party. He was stuck there for about two hours, but I finally knocked all but his legs off, which stuck to the hood. He'll buff out, but he's gonna be really tired of flying while he tries to grow new legs.

Bob, what color are you using? it looks really close to the color I'm using, Sunburst Orange.

Jim

MARTINSR 08-25-2018 12:08 AM

Got all the rivet on parts I wanted to remove from the frame before I have it powder coated, WHOOOO HOOOO! And best of all, no drama tonight.

Brian

MiraclePieCo 08-25-2018 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Sheep (Post 8329589)
More parts going on, these universal polyurethane pads are replacing the plain rubber ones between the bed x-members and the frame...

Wow, those look really durable, wish I'd used them. I used cutup truck mudflaps for my body pads :dohh: I need to read more catalogs.

MiraclePieCo 08-25-2018 03:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Spent the day on my back under the dash doing the typical 1000 sit-ups wiring job. I took a couple of days just organizing the wires before ever terminating one. Got my headlight switch, dimmer switch and gauges wired. Like everything on my truck, I want to do it right but I'm not going to get overly meticulous because this will be a daily driver.

BTW, those quad gauges sure simplify wiring - only one set of wires for the 4-gauge unit instead of separate wires for each gauge.

DransportGarage 08-25-2018 08:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by idbeast (Post 8329617)
Bob, what color are you using? it looks really close to the color I'm using, Sunburst Orange.

Jim

Mine is Martin Senour (NAPA) 2003 Prowler Orange. I shot a color card using two gray primers and a white and got three different colors, even after 6 coats. We picked the darker gray (Kirker). I shot 3 coats and got good coverage over the gray, but the white was still darkening even after 8 coats.

Black_Sheep 08-25-2018 02:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the passenger side step and fender on, after I mow I will reinstall the rear bumper and right tail light...

MARTINSR 08-25-2018 06:35 PM

OMG I should have SHUT MY MOUTH about the no drama! I have been up since 1 am when we got a text from our son that he was in the ER in a hospital about 40 miles from here after a car accident! It was a very bad accident apparently testing his roll bar and though he has a serious breakage to one of his feet and his face is all swollen the car looks like his injuries would be much worse. We just got home with him and it's going to be rough going the next number of days before he goes in for surgery. I wish I had a copy of the xray, holy crap, four bones broke in his food with one of them looking like a piece of ice hit with a hammer, CRAP! Our house is now a rehab center with wheel chair and walker and all, geeez.

Brian

lowdownstar 08-25-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 8330184)
OMG I should have SHUT MY MOUTH about the no drama! I have been up since 1 am when we got a text from our son that he was in the ER in a hospital about 40 miles from here after a car accident! It was a very bad accident apparently testing his roll bar and though he has a serious breakage to one of his feet and his face is all swollen the car looks like his injuries would be much worse. We just got home with him and it's going to be rough going the next number of days before he goes in for surgery. I wish I had a copy of the xray, holy crap, four bones broke in his food with one of them looking like a piece of ice hit with a hammer, CRAP! Our house is now a rehab center with wheel chair and walker and all, geeez.

Brian

Man i am so sorry to hear about your son, i wish him a speedy recovery...
Ray

evilokc 08-25-2018 09:15 PM

glad he came out as well as he did though. like you said it could have been worse. wish him a speedy recovery.

DransportGarage 08-25-2018 09:41 PM

It has not been a good week for you, Brian. So glad that he was able to come home, but it sounds like a serious time rehabbing. My thoughts will be with you guys.

vintovka 08-25-2018 10:05 PM

Sorry to hear. I do enjoy your posts. Hopefully youve had your run of bad luck and have good stuff for a change.

oldman3 08-25-2018 11:31 PM

Sorry to hear about your son, best wishes for a speedy recovery...Jim

mongocanfly 08-26-2018 12:07 AM

Thankfully he survived...hope he has a good recovery...

MARTINSR 08-26-2018 12:19 AM

Thanks guys, this SUCKS big time. He had a horribly broken leg when he was 14 I had to drive to a near by Trauma ward to see him after it was broken, NOT a good time. This was no better even though he is a man, it was no better, DAMN.

And the first car he bought himself, he has been enjoying it so much (1997 Miata) it is GONE, damn is he lucky!

Brian

idbeast 08-26-2018 07:11 AM

So sorry to hear about your son, but glad he survived!

Black_Sheep 08-26-2018 09:30 AM

I hope your son recovers quickly. It sounds like the outcome could have been much worse, count your blessings...

mikebte 08-26-2018 10:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Got all my lights wired up, thinking I have a bad turn signal relay and need to swap it with one of them new fanged electronic relays.
Opted to have the running lights and headlights run together, I always liked that for some reason.

MARTINSR 08-26-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Sheep (Post 8330042)
Got the passenger side step and fender on, after I mow I will reinstall the rear bumper and right tail light...

Damn that's beautiful!

Brian:metal:

Black_Sheep 08-26-2018 10:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I finished up assembling the back of the truck, time to turn it around and start on the front...

MARTINSR 08-26-2018 11:11 AM

Daaaamn those are good times, assembling a project like that. And it's looking SOOOOOO good!

Brian

MARTINSR 08-26-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DransportGarage (Post 8329840)
Mine is Martin Senour (NAPA) 2003 Prowler Orange. I shot a color card using two gray primers and a white and got three different colors, even after 6 coats. We picked the darker gray (Kirker). I shot 3 coats and got good coverage over the gray, but the white was still darkening even after 8 coats.

Martin Senour, you know that's how I got my name MARTINSR, I was a Martin Senour rep.

Good memories, so glad I did that for those few years of my life.

Brian

MiraclePieCo 08-26-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 8330586)
Martin Senour, you know that's how I got my name MARTINSR, I was a Martin Senour rep.
Brian

I thought your forum name was pretty coincidental.

DransportGarage 08-26-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 8330586)

Good memories, so glad I did that for those few years of my life.

Brian

Now that makes me smile!