The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

hsdropout 01-16-2013 04:23 PM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

2 Attachment(s)
Got some of the body parts finished..............

The finish is "faux patina old school black laquer look, white trash, look at my dings, in your face, ten footer, urethane clear coat". That is what it says on the paint can anyway. (It is the latest rage you know.)

DransportGarage 01-16-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsdropout (Post 5822198)

The finish is "faux patina old school black laquer look, white trash, look at my dings, in your face, ten footer, urethane clear coat". That is what it says on the paint can anyway. (It is the latest rage you know.)

It's a great day when the paint finally hits the parts. IT LOOKS SOOPER!!

NEWFISHER 01-16-2013 05:42 PM

"faux patina old school black laquer look, white trash, look at my dings, in your face, ten footer, urethane clear coat".

DANG! I can't find black anywhere. Tons of faux patina old school red, green, blue laquer look, white trash, look at my dings, in your face, ten footer, urethane clear coat everywhere, but no black

dcmalone 01-16-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsdropout (Post 5822198)

That looks great!!!!! I'm thinking I need shiney paint now.

Daze57 01-16-2013 09:20 PM

hey guys

well i sold my older work truck today and gonna use the $ to get some really ( what i think ) cool wheels
lookin @ american racing wheels cp-200 daisey spoke wheels - i have always been a fan of these rims - old school classic and i think they look really nice on any vehicle .
not the cast version - THE chrome ones ! dass how i rock !!!!

hsdropout 01-18-2013 11:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got engine parts back from machine shop .........ready to clean, inspect and assemble. The cool part of build.

lowdownstar 01-19-2013 08:31 AM

Nice parts! looking good to me

Ray

Coach529 01-19-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsdropout (Post 5827424)
Got engine parts back from machine shop .........ready to clean, inspect and assemble. The cool part of build.

Looks awesome!!

Russell Ashley 01-20-2013 08:02 PM

I put some 6 degree caster shims under my front springs. I had to leave out the shortest spring leaf so the u-bolts would reach but I can't tell any difference in the ride height. Took a short test drive but didn't notice any difference in the way it drove, but I'll be driving it more tomorrow so that will be a better test. Also, in case anyone else will be doing this, I got the shims from Summit as a kit with spring bolts. The spring bolts were 3/8 and wouldn't go through the springs so I had to go to NAPA and buy two 5/16s spring bolts. The kit was TFY-90016, probably intended for a rear axle.

Chris. 01-20-2013 09:49 PM

Pulled the engine and trans out to make space to install my Scott's hotrods IFS!
Posted via Mobile Device

oldcouple 01-21-2013 08:51 PM

It warmed up to 34 today and the weeks worth of fog lifted, so I peeked in the garage and its still there.

mechanixman 01-21-2013 10:28 PM

I bought my truck

Took out the plugs, filled the cylinders with oil, got the motor free

RINC 01-21-2013 10:46 PM

I looked at month old pics of mine.

I got tomorow off ....... I think I may go by my to see my buddy, who is doing all the work, an bring him a 30-pac of PBR.

Not sure if all the 30-pacs I have brought have speeded things up but ..... the guys in the shop sure seem happy when I stop by.

Russell Ashley 01-26-2013 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I put some screen under my cowl vent to keep out leaves. Raining and cold out yesterday so it was a good day for an inside job that I had been wanting to do for a while. I used aluminum screen because it will conform to the shape pretty easily, and used hot glue to hold the screen in place. When it's installed it's sandwiched between the ribs on the cab and the vent cover so it can't fall out. The only place it's not supported is at the ends but the glue seems pretty secure there.
I do keep wipers on it but had to send the set I bought back due to not fitting. Waiting on an answer now.

Daze57 01-26-2013 03:03 PM

screen is a pretty good idea - may have to borrow that

OrrieG 01-26-2013 06:22 PM

Put the new dome light in the "to be installed" box. Going to review the "still need to buy" list and see if there are some small parts I can order. Temps are up to mid 30's but still foggy and no sun in sight for at least a week.

arturo7 01-28-2013 12:10 AM

Put the first coat of POR on the front suspension/steering bits. Baked the manifolds to cure the paint.

tpimuncie 01-28-2013 12:49 AM

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...128BE482EA.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...DA3937C320.jpg
Replaced grill, bumper, headlight bezels and installed some mirrors
Posted via Mobile Device

Dan in Pasadena 01-28-2013 01:23 AM

Waay nice. Huge improvement.

Looks like you need some signal lenses, or maybe to polish the ones you have.

tpimuncie 01-28-2013 01:30 AM

Thanks, yeah ran out of funds today lol ill have to get some new ones sooooon!
Posted via Mobile Device

Dan in Pasadena 01-28-2013 02:18 AM

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound critical. For what it's worth, I've had good luck with sanding plastic lenses with 1500 and polishing on my shop buffer.

Russell Ashley 01-28-2013 09:03 AM

Truck looks great. The chrome made a huge improvement.

tpimuncie 01-28-2013 10:41 AM

Ill have to try it but for the price ill get new ones bezels are pretty bad as well tho,
Thanks russel
Posted via Mobile Device

dubie 01-28-2013 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I installed the CPP power disc brake kit on my 56 this weekend. I'm hoping to have it back as a rolling chassis within 2 weeks. I'll be spending this week rebuilding the Chevelle rear end and get the housing primed and painted

tpimuncie 01-29-2013 04:49 PM

Thats a nice set up!