The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

special-K 01-24-2019 07:37 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Way to go Dale. Whatever it takes. Couldn't hurt if you enjoy it some, too!

Chevyland 01-24-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8450002)
Well as long as you are medicating with quality product its perfectly fine Dale. No cheap stuff. And in moderation. Of course. ;)

I’m not sure if ‘moderation ‘ and Dale fit in the same sentence
:smoke::ack::barn:

Ol Blue K20 01-25-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 8450317)
I’m not sure if ‘moderation ‘ and Dale fit in the same sentence
:smoke::ack::barn:

:lol::lol::lol: thanks Eric :lol:

special-K 01-25-2019 09:17 AM

Hey hey now! We have a young man's reputation at stake here!

Ol Blue K20 01-25-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8450581)
Hey hey now! We have a young man's reputation at stake here!

:lol::lol: :lol: what? :lol::lol::lol:

Killer Bee 01-25-2019 05:32 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/34/d8/55/3...45813f9c3e.jpg

special-K 01-25-2019 08:33 PM

There's been a study conducted on the effects of alcohol as a means for dealing with life's struggles on a day to day basis by leading researchers in their field. Nine out of ten have taken up daily drinking. Results could take decades. Problem is not as big as originally thought.

Ol Blue K20 01-26-2019 08:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well "Blue" isn't the best looking but I drove it home. Besides square tires it felt awesome!

Killer Bee 01-26-2019 08:49 PM

I totally dig it just the way it is!

RED / WHITE / BLUE

:flag:

flashed 01-26-2019 09:14 PM

I like it just the way it is .

special-K 01-26-2019 09:44 PM

Looks strong and ready.

davischevy 01-26-2019 09:51 PM

Dale, that is the perfect truck. Drive it and enjoy it.

72 tigger 01-27-2019 07:45 AM

Glad it’s home- put some tires on it and enjoy it!

Boog 01-27-2019 11:31 AM

Looking at it sitting tall there I can't help but think
On the road again
Just can't wait to go on the road again
thank you Willie Nelson

Ol Blue K20 01-27-2019 02:00 PM

Thanks guys, I have a lot of tinkering to do. I just ordered some 16" wheel vintiques for it. I forgot how good it sounds....

special-K 01-27-2019 07:32 PM

On the road again :cool:

Ooops! That's Canned Heat. Here ya go:

No, not Bob Seger:

Not Metallica. He said Willy Nelson!

But then there's always:

special-K 01-28-2019 08:39 AM

Yesterday was people watching day. I set up to sell Harley parts at a big indoor swap meet. They come out of the woodwork for this one, being dead of winter. But they forgot their wallets! I figured this was the time of year people find those pesky few hundred dollar crispies they forgot about last year.

davischevy 01-28-2019 11:43 AM

I traded my last bike for a Corvette 17 years ago. I really haven't missed it much until lately, and one of my friends has one for sale and another long time friend still rides.

My wife says I want, want, want, but I don't see the problem, I thought that's what I worked my tail off for all those years.

Ol Blue K20 01-28-2019 12:42 PM

I'm probably gonna sell mine. I tried to ride a while back but the last years worth of treatments have taken their toll. The strength and balance seem to have left....

kingsolver72 01-28-2019 11:01 PM

I’ve got my scooter on Craigslist. I didn’t ride a whole lot this last spring,summer or fall. If it don’t sell I’m going to be intentional about riding it this year. Probably throw the back pack and tent on and go see some places I ain’t been.

davischevy 01-28-2019 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsolver72 (Post 8453514)
I’ve got my scooter on Craigslist. I didn’t ride a whole lot this last spring,summer or fall. If it don’t sell I’m going to be intentional about riding it this year. Probably throw the back pack and tent on and go see some places I ain’t been.

I think you have something else on CL too don't you? Didn't I see the green machine there?

Killer Bee 01-28-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8453020)
I'm probably gonna sell mine. I tried to ride a while back but the last years worth of treatments have taken their toll. The strength and balance seem to have left....

well look on the bright side if you're missing the harley.. you could loosen the motor mounts and cut the mufflers off your truck and pour some oil out in the driveway, get that feeling back :lol:

just kidding! trully hoping you get back in shape to handle the bike safely and continue riding! maybe one of those can-am jobs or an old custom trike :D

kingsolver72 01-29-2019 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8453520)
I think you have something else on CL too don't you? Didn't I see the green machine there?

Yes you did. I’ve had it on there for a minute. A couple different fellas offered me $10000 but I turned them down. Looking back on it I probably should have made the deal. I’ve been torn on if I should sell the truck but now I’m in a situation where now it would be beneficial for me to let it go.
I may list it here on the boards. I may be downsizing big time here soon.

special-K 01-29-2019 08:17 AM

I've been downsizing gradually over the past 10-12 years. I like my stuff too much to do it any other way. Although I would have loved to keep hanging on to about anything and everything I have sold, I have enjoyed the whole experience.

My bike needs brake work and I haven't ridden it in 4-5 years now. Just can't make it a priority. It came to a point where I realized it's not such a new jump on go anywhere bike any more, although up yo that point that is how I road it. Funny thing is, this intersects with me wanting to perform the final touch on building it I have always wanted to do. It's got a custom built S&S motor, the transmission is blueprinted/upgraded, competition clutch, taller 1st gear, Deltron inner primary case, hi-torque starter... I mean she is built to run... but brakes are still just stock calipers chrome plated. Really incomplete and really kinda dumb. I could just do a rear master cylinder, but I want to do the whole brake upgrade I want. That requires new fork legs to run dual discs and Wilwood calipers. I am itching ton ride again. I really started missing it last summer. I'd like to start gathering the parts, starting with fork legs.

During this time of not riding I have found myself wondering if it's time to stop. Something I never thought I could fathom. Kind of a quit while it's good sort of thing. I figure I'll always hang onto the bike, no matter what. I think we were meant to stay together... unlike the woman I took a honeymoon on it with 29 years ago. I think I'll probably just keep putting on the country roads till I can't hold it up.

Killer Bee 01-29-2019 01:09 PM

my new hero - old muscle and old[er] guys rule :metal:

y'all gotta watch this guy!