The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What did you do with your truck today, Part 3 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=713560)

MARTINSR 09-02-2018 11:32 PM

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrieG (Post 8336131)
Installed the steering wheel, shift indicator bezel and bowtie indicator I made.

Damn that's looking good!

Brian:metal:

MARTINSR 09-02-2018 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's ready for primer first thing in the morning, primer is induced, gun, respirator, everything ready to go first thing in the morning. I spent the day sand blasting every single weld, mine and the factory spot welds. And of course welded about 20 little spots I wasn't happy with.

While doing this I couldn't help but think when I did this sort of thing when I was 17 or 18 I didn't do anything even remotely close to this good and primed it, painted it and drove it for years with a smile on my face. Now I am anal and will be thinking about stuff I did wrong as I drive it. Naaa, I am thinking I will forget about this stuff the second I start it for the first time.

Anyway, it's ready to go!

Brian

mosel70 09-03-2018 12:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
'70 shortbed stepside.
After 8 months of body work and three coats of Eastwood's Contour polyester primer (which sands really easy), it's paint week!!!! Last primer will be Eastwood's white epoxy primer and then Chromobase hugger orange and Chromobase clear coat.

MARTINSR 09-03-2018 12:50 AM

Friggin beautiful!

Brian

Jesse Z 09-03-2018 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosel70 (Post 8336181)
'70 shortbed stepside.
After 8 months of body work and three coats of Eastwood's Contour polyester primer (which sands really easy), it's paint week!!!! Last primer will be Eastwood's white epoxy primer and then Chromobase hugger orange and Chromobase clear coat.

Beautiful indeed, but I think you're in the wrong forum. This is for 47-59 trucks. The guys on the 67-72 board might appreciate it even more.

DransportGarage 09-03-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 8336164)
It's ready for primer first thing in the morning, primer is induced, gun, respirator, everything ready to go first thing in the morning. I spent the day sand blasting every single weld, mine and the factory spot welds. And of course welded about 20 little spots I wasn't happy with.

While doing this I couldn't help but think when I did this sort of thing when I was 17 or 18 I didn't do anything even remotely close to this good and primed it, painted it and drove it for years with a smile on my face. Now I am anal and will be thinking about stuff I did wrong as I drive it. Naaa, I am thinking I will forget about this stuff the second I start it for the first time.

Anyway, it's ready to go!

Brian

MAJOR progress! Don't forget to wash it down with wax & grease remover, then wait a short while. It's not really necessary to use a tack cloth at this point, but if you're really anal... And forgetting about all the stuff you did wrong is one of the blessings of getting older!

MARTINSR 09-03-2018 10:58 AM

So funny, I put a tack rag out for this morning. LOL

Brian

MARTINSR 09-03-2018 03:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
WHOOOO HOOOOO! Funny thing is, I had every intention to having this done in June, geeez.

Brian

DransportGarage 09-03-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 8336462)
WHOOOO HOOOOO! Funny thing is, I had every intention to having this done in June, geeez.

Brian

The tack rag part is hilarious! (Using it is even better.) Don't worry about June. You're rockin' and rollin' now!

Black_Sheep 09-03-2018 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Among other things, I started putting the guts back in the doors...

mikebte 09-03-2018 08:32 PM

Everyone looks to be very productive this weekend. I bent and installed my brake lines, now to secure and fill with fluid.

I also made a trip to the scrap yard. Scored some cool goodies. Can’t remember the last timeI went to a scrap yard. 2010 maybe.

idbeast 09-03-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 8336462)

Brian

Looks great!!!

svr 09-03-2018 08:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Back into painting mode, epoxy under dash and floor, next final prime, sand and color on the rest of the interior

MiraclePieCo 09-04-2018 02:37 AM

After my rear bumper bracket fiasco I was so discouraged I had difficulty regaining momentum. But today I managed to wire most of my sender wires: gas gauge, oil pressure, temp sensor and distributor power.

Can't connect taillights until I get that rear bumper bracket issue resolved however because I'm mounting the taillights on the valance panel. Swap meet this coming weekend, maybe I'll get lucky.

MiraclePieCo 09-04-2018 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svr (Post 8336706)
Back into painting mode, epoxy under dash and floor, next final prime, sand and color on the rest of the interior

I was hoping to get a peek at your progress but for some reason your signature line isn't forwarding properly.

jweb 09-04-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo (Post 8336954)
After my rear bumper bracket fiasco I was so discouraged I had difficulty regaining momentum. But today I managed to wire most of my sender wires: gas gauge, oil pressure, temp sensor and distributor power.

Can't connect taillights until I get that rear bumper bracket issue resolved however because I'm mounting the taillights on the valance panel. Swap meet this coming weekend, maybe I'll get lucky.

You might call this place for bumper brackets. They used to have a field of AD trucks and panels. But I haven't been there for years.
https://old-car-parts.business.site/

MARTINSR 09-04-2018 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Waiting for another appointment at the hospital for my son, I got out in the back and separated the hood, I'll need to strip it and get it primed.

Brian

MiraclePieCo 09-04-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jweb (Post 8337314)
You might call this place for bumper brackets. They used to have a field of AD trucks and panels. But I haven't been there for years.
https://old-car-parts.business.site/

Thanks, already tried them with no luck. Ditto for Dan's Classic Auto Parts in Portland. Looks like I'll have to fabricate some.

MiraclePieCo 09-04-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 8337345)
Waiting for another appointment at the hospital for my son, I got out in the back and separated the hood, I'll need to strip it and get it primed.

Brian

Been watching your progress on the body but can't for the life of me recall what you're doing for a chassis and powerplant?

MARTINSR 09-04-2018 10:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have did nothing, but have a 235 Corvette Blue Flame for it. :D I haven't decided on the trans, I have a stock three speed but may go with a T5. And a 57 Rear end of course.

Brian

mikebte 09-04-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 8337566)
I have did nothing, but have a 235 Corvette Blue Flame for it. :D I haven't decided on the trans, I have a stock three speed but may go with a T5. And a 57 Rear end of course.
Brian

That is freaking awesome Brian

evilokc 09-04-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrieG (Post 8336131)
Installed the steering wheel, shift indicator bezel and bowtie indicator I made.

did your truck come with that steering wheel? it looks like the 54 wheel. I didn't realize they were so similar.

evilokc 09-04-2018 10:26 PM

what did I do to my truck today? nothing. its been a rough couple of weeks. every vehicle I own broke all at once. my wife has a 2012 sonata. its a great car but all of the sudden has a serious charging issue. I did what I could to try and fix it but it turned out its nothing I can handle. it took me a week of evenings to put it all back together just so I can take it to a dealer. she started driving my firebird and the brakes went out on that and it took 3 days to get all the parts together to fix that. my truck needs about an hours work before its driving again. ive been riding my motorcycle in the rain for two weeks. on top of all that her phone stopped working. its slowly coming together. I will be out of town this week end but im hoping to get the truck back on its feet before then but I cant swear its gonna happen.

svr 09-04-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo (Post 8336955)
I was hoping to get a peek at your progress but for some reason your signature line isn't forwarding properly.

Wont work for me either, dont know why, im old and havnt got a clue how to fix it:(

oldman3 09-04-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svr (Post 8337592)
Wont work for me either, dont know why, im old and havnt got a clue how to fix it:(

you have to copy the URL into your signature. It's the one with you thread number when you started posting. This is what it is

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=739132

hope this helps...Jim