The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Daverods project 66 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=336798)

daverod 08-01-2010 06:44 PM

Re: Daverods project 66

Hay I did just buy two rusty front fenders on ebay.:metal: Even got a patch panel for one of them. Recieved my air line and connectors for my bags. Haven't had much time or money. When I get home I'm beat. Working on a addition to a house and there's no shade. White house, white concrete ,you get the idea.:waah: When I do have energy I waste it improving my wake boarding skills. Did a face plant so hard I was'nt sure if my eye balls were still in my head.:metal: Don't worry I willl finish my truck.,;)

Alan's Classic 08-02-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4117891)
Hay I did just buy two rusty front fenders on ebay.:metal: Even got a patch panel for one of them. Recieved my air line and connectors for my bags. Haven't had much time or money. When I get home I'm beat. Working on a addition to a house and there's no shade. White house, white concrete ,you get the idea.:waah: When I do have energy I waste it improving my wake boarding skills. Did a face plant so hard I was'nt sure if my eye balls were still in my head.:metal: Don't worry I willl finish my truck.,;)

Progress is progress!!

bubba327 08-02-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 4119960)
Progress is progress!!

Work = Money = Parts :lol:

nomrlz 08-02-2010 11:08 PM

good lookin truck. nuttin better than a guys truck and dog :uhmk:

daverod 08-03-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 4119988)
Work = Money = Parts :lol:

So thats where I'm all screwed up. I knew about the parts part.:lol:

daverod 08-11-2010 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ya Baby. Christmas came early.:metal: Work=money=tools/parts. Thanks for clearing that up for me Bubba.:lol::lol: About time to fire up Daverods Paint Shop.

MacAttack 08-11-2010 01:45 PM

:ito: Hey - that was supposed to come to my house!

daverod 08-11-2010 01:47 PM

I know you need one.:lol: Everyone needs more tools.:smoke: Now all I need is to figure out how to wire it. Wheres that Bubba guy when you need him.

Strodder 08-11-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4133900)
I know you need one.:lol: Everyone needs more tools.:smoke: Now all I need is to figure out how to wire it. Wheres that Bubba guy when you need him.

Now ya have think how your going to plug it in. I don't see no 220 outlets. :uhmk:

Alan's Classic 08-11-2010 09:32 PM

They drop shipped it to the wrong coast. :lol: Is it a 2 stage? Looks nice.:5150:

Strodder 08-11-2010 10:08 PM

I already have two. One in my house garage, and one in the shop. The one in the garage is great for blowing off the car, truck and bike after I wash them. I also use it for blowing out the interior. Does a better job than a vacuum cleaner some times. :metal:

bubba327 08-11-2010 11:00 PM

If I gotta come wire it , I want user privileges!!! Let me know how it works ,
Mine is a old old Montgomery Wards compressor on the second tank after the first rusted out. It started making strange noises last week, Is running longer to make pressure and the bleedoff is sticking on shutdown. Christmas may have to come here also.

watahyahknow 08-11-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 4134754)
Mine is a old old Montgomery Wards compressor on the second tank after the first rusted out. It started making strange noises last week, Is running longer to make pressure and the bleedoff is sticking on shutdown. Christmas may have to come here also.

might need to chainge the oil in it , or perhabs just fill it again
you can actually rebuild stuff like that if you can still find part for that brand that is , a general cleaning putting in new bearings and re-ring the pistons usually does wonders
if you use the little valve on the bottom of the tank to let the water out ocasionally the tank can last a long time too ...... might even be the reason the compressor starts more often to keep the pressure on ...... ive seen on one ocasion the tank filled halfway with water and oil wish brought the volume of air down to half the tank as whell

daverod 08-12-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4134538)
Now ya have think how your going to plug it in. I don't see no 220 outlets. :uhmk:

:lol: Had to pull a wire from a sub box in the basement. Box in the garage was full. Easy to hook up. Got it right the first time.:lol: No sparks, nothing.:waah: Ran it for an hour to break in the rings.

daverod 08-12-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 4134557)
They drop shipped it to the wrong coast. :lol: Is it a 2 stage? Looks nice.:5150:

It's one stage. Should be all I need. Can't wait to sand blast my rusty fenders I bought off ebay. They came today.:metal:

daverod 08-12-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 4134754)

You got lucky. It was easy. The hardest part was finding the right breaker. I got the compressor from Lowes They give 10% off to Vets. That's all the twisting I needed.:lol::lol:

daverod 08-12-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 4134770)
might need to chainge the oil in it , or perhabs just fill it again
you can actually rebuild stuff like that if you can still find part for that brand that is , a general cleaning putting in new bearings and re-ring the pistons usually does wonders
if you use the little valve on the bottom of the tank to let the water out ocasionally the tank can last a long time too ...... might even be the reason the compressor starts more often to keep the pressure on ...... ive seen on one ocasion the tank filled halfway with water and oil wish brought the volume of air down to half the tank as whell

I'll have to remember to drain it. Funny about the tank being 1/2 full of water. I was wondering how long the air filters lasted?:uhmk: Guess it all depends.

bubba327 08-12-2010 08:21 AM

I do drain the tank every month or so and have changed the oil in the last year!! I think the valves and rings are probably about done as it takes forever to get to 125 psi anymore.
Atta boy Dave on the electrical wiring

MacAttack 08-12-2010 12:09 PM

I had the builder put in a 220 box when we built the new house 2 years ago - one junction going through the garage wall with a waterproof box to the outside, just in case I want to use a portable welder out on the RV pad.

Obviously. haven't pulled the trigger on the big compressor yet - but when I do it'll be the one you got. Keep us posted on how it performs and maintenance.

Mac. :chevy:

daverod 08-12-2010 07:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fired up the new compressor.:smoke: Sand blasted a couple rusty fenders I bought. It worked great. 100lbs sand and 30 min later clean fenders.:metal:

tommys66 08-12-2010 08:52 PM

awesome score on the compressor! its amazing what all you can get done with a good compressor.

daverod 08-13-2010 10:20 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This much I know.:smoke: Needs alittle more blasting.:metal: Dropped a bill at HF. Could'nt pull the trigger on an 1/2 impact. Did'nt know if I wanted 420 lbs or 600lbs. Well I know what I wanted, I just did'nt know if I needed the extra power or not.

daverod 08-13-2010 10:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Also:uhmk: Looks like this side needs a tip and brace.

protrash64 08-13-2010 10:34 PM

Ear plugs are highly recommended with that line sander!! Nice tools there, Dave....X-mas comes early up there in Idaho:lol:.

Strodder 08-14-2010 10:38 AM

The smaller impact should do OK. The 600lb would be good for diesel repair. I would put some doors on where the compressor is. They tend to be noisy. Make a vent on top of door for the heat to escape.