The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

FleetsidePaul 11-21-2021 05:16 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

My wife bought a solid bronze statue. It took two people to unload it into the garage.

So around 2:00 a.m. after a few beers I decide that I can get it in the house by myself.

This was a really really bad idea. That thing was HEAVY and it was pitch black outside. I couldn't use my flashlight because my hands were full carrying this pig.

So of course I tripped. Hit the concrete hard. Let me tell you one thing about concrete. It hurts when you fall on it. Especially when you have a heavy bronze statue crash down on you on top of it. Then it really hurts.

I still managed to get it in. But I'm a little busted up. My right knee and my finger are jacked up. I'll give them a few days. I don't think I broke anything. Everything still works. It just hurts.

Now my wife is pizzed at me for being an idiot. Se la vie. :smoke:

LT7A 11-21-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8998166)
My wife bought a solid bronze statue. It took two people to unload it into the garage.

So around 2:00 a.m. after a few beers I decide that I can get it in the house by myself.

This was a really really bad idea. That thing was HEAVY and it was pitch black outside. I couldn't use my flashlight because my hands were full carrying this pig.

So of course I tripped. Hit the concrete hard. Let me tell you one thing about concrete. It hurts when you fall on it. Especially when you have a heavy bronze statue crash down on you on top of it. Then it really hurts.

I still managed to get it in. But I'm a little busted up. My right knee and my finger are jacked up. I'll give them a few days. I don't think I broke anything. Everything still works. It just hurts.
Now my wife is pizzed at me for being an idiot. Se la vie. :smoke:

I respect your efforts and I know that I periodically entertain my neighbors when I unload things out of the back of the truck. Last time for me was a gang box full of tools. I checked to make sure none of the tools would break and then basically rolled it off the tailgate. But it landed on its side and the neighbors could have gotten a good 12 minutes of enjoyment watching me trying to tip it back onto its wheels and keep it from falling into the the side of the truck. Now that you know I honestly do know what it's like and sympathize with your plight I will apologize in advance for making light of your situation. If you haven't already named it, you could call the new bronze piece the statue of limitations.

GOPAPA 11-21-2021 02:40 PM

I changed out my door strikers a few days ago ,,with a adjustment they shut like new doors. and I put in a new hood latch and it works good too. next is get the wiring sorted out for back up lights ,, and one brake light .. As some of you know , I sold my 71 last year or so and now I am having my fun days in the garage with this square body 83.

FleetsidePaul 11-21-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 8998275)
I respect your efforts and I know that I periodically entertain my neighbors when I unload things out of the back of the truck. Last time for me was a gang box full of tools. I checked to make sure none of the tools would break and then basically rolled it off the tailgate. But it landed on its side and the neighbors could have gotten a good 12 minutes of enjoyment watching me trying to tip it back onto its wheels and keep it from falling into the the side of the truck. Now that you know I honestly do know what it's like and sympathize with your plight I will apologize in advance for making light of your situation. If you haven't already named it, you could call the new bronze piece the statue of limitations.

Thanks. I think it just comes down to that I think I'm still young. And I'm not.

I fell down again today. I was trying to step over my little dog and he moved right under my foot. I tried not to step on him and lost my balance and crashed into the dining room table.

I just can't seem to keep upright these days. :lol:

Boog 11-21-2021 06:08 PM

Seems you've got the old "bull in a china shop" thing going on too. :lol:

Warrens69GMC 11-21-2021 06:08 PM

Had to clean road tar off the daily, 2014 Jetta

3757chevy 11-22-2021 12:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Went to my Grandson's 4th birthday party.

4u2nv 11-22-2021 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 8998461)
Went to my Grandson's 4th birthday party.

You tried out that bouncy truck didn't you ????
I would have , never seen one like that .
Great fun for him I'm sure

Ol Blue K20 11-22-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8998306)
Thanks. I think it just comes down to that I think I'm still young. And I'm not.

I fell down again today. I was trying to step over my little dog and he moved right under my foot. I tried not to step on him and lost my balance and crashed into the dining room table.

I just can't seem to keep upright these days. :lol:

:barn: maybe too much encouragement!:lol:

3757chevy 11-22-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4u2nv (Post 8998496)
You tried out that bouncy truck didn't you ????
I would have , never seen one like that .
Great fun for him I'm sure

Oh yeah! He had a blast. We didn't stick around for the adult session. :lol:

mr.mud1 11-22-2021 03:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
today i had a couple stumps sawed up into 2 1/2 inch thick slabs.i plan this winter when i have some spare time,whenever that is???to built some benches for here in the new shop and around the fire pit.

1slo64 11-23-2021 09:16 PM

Put a 2nd coat of white down and then laid my stripes. Going to spray clear tomorrow after I clean up a couple overspray spots. Now that I've done this I feel more confident being able to paint my GMC when the time comes.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...400897f7_c.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...3c316e75_c.jpg

Snarl95 11-23-2021 09:40 PM

nice

LockDoc 11-24-2021 01:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
-
Everyone else puts them up, I tear them down....:) The barn is now a ground level structure.

LockDoc

Rickysnickers 11-24-2021 11:02 AM

Doc, I used to enjoy watching New Yankee Workshop. It was a woodworking show that was on PBS for many years. Anyway, the host used to use a lot of reclaimed wood from barns that had been torn down. What type of wood are your barns made from and do you ever sell or give out the good remnants?

LockDoc 11-24-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickysnickers (Post 8999325)
Doc, I used to enjoy watching New Yankee Workshop. It was a woodworking show that was on PBS for many years. Anyway, the host used to use a lot of reclaimed wood from barns that had been torn down. What type of wood are your barns made from and do you ever sell or give out the good remnants?

Wood is mostly pine and some cedar. You do find some ash, oak, hickory, and other stuff once in a while but it was added later by owners.

The daughter and I removed most of the outside boards and I have sold some of that. I was just outside salvaging as many of the 4x4's & 6x6's as I could safely reach. I will save more as it is torn apart.

LockDoc

KW5413 11-24-2021 02:13 PM

I started smoking two turkeys today. I inject them, to help keep them juicy, and put a good spice rub on the outside.

I made sure I lost a couple of pounds this past week so I can gain them back again tomorrow...LOL!

Stocker 11-24-2021 04:45 PM

Changing out our dining room light fixture. We bought a new one years ago when the kitchen was remodeled and it has sat in the box until now...... the Missus decided it was time to do it. I moved the ceiling box to center it on the table. Hardest part was working in the attic because there's not much roof clearance. Started yesterday, all done except removing the old box and patching the hole in the ceiling.

67C10Step 11-24-2021 06:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Replaced the mantle on the fireplace. Two day job getting the old hickory mantle off and install the new rustic one.

Gotenntitans 11-24-2021 09:44 PM

Venison down.
https://i.ibb.co/F5jfj0w/E73-A815-F-...FDDDAD4869.jpg

57taskforce 11-25-2021 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 8999559)

Nice buck! I’m one of the unlucky guys who has to get tags thru lottery. I haven’t drawn anything in the last 4 years. Maybe next year… I put in for elk and deer both this year.

truckster 11-25-2021 01:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We have the whole family coming for Thanksgiving dinner. My wife wanted a 16x4 table...

FleetsidePaul 11-25-2021 05:34 AM

I put in a new toilet. Fun fun fun.

I was sick of the old one. You would have to hold down the handle for about 30 seconds to get it to work and hope it did. It was a real crap shoot.

The new one works great. I already broke it in. ;)

LT7A 11-25-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckster (Post 8999603)
We have the whole family coming for Thanksgiving dinner. My wife wanted a 16x4 table...

You win the helping the wife with Thanksgiving contest. And when the holidays are over, you can move that outside so planes can land and take off.

LT7A 11-25-2021 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8997175)
X2, they look new.

Beautifully done.