The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Joke Thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=805197)

Getter-Done 06-15-2023 04:11 PM

Re: Joke Thread

Boog 06-16-2023 06:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:lol:

richards72chevy 08-23-2023 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
FB_IMG_1692821427165.jpg

farmall 08-23-2023 11:03 PM

I read this recently.

A son asked his mother the following question: 'Mum, why are wedding dresses white?'

The mother looks at her son and replies, 'Son, this shows your friends and relatives that your bride is pure.'

The son thanks his Mum and goes off to double-check this with his father.

'Dad, why are wedding dresses white?'

The father looks at his son in surprise and says, 'Son, all household appliances come in white.'

Sheepdip 08-28-2023 05:10 PM

Did you hear about Fords new heated taillight's option?

They double as hand warmer's while pushing it in the cold winters.

Steeveedee 08-28-2023 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9234948)
Did you hear about Fords new heated taillight's option?

They double as hand warmer's while pushing it in the cold winters.

Hah! Reminds me of Yugos.

Now some truth. Goodyear is working on a prototype tire made using soy. I can understand wanting them to biodegrade. Some (if not all) manufacturers make the insulation for vehicle wiring from soy. Rats got into the wiring on my wife's car and chewed it up pretty badly. So, you have a soy product tire. You have a flat one day because your tires were eaten by rats. :lol:

Sheepdip 08-28-2023 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9234969)
Hah! Reminds me of Yugos.

Now some truth. Goodyear is working on a prototype tire made using soy. I can understand wanting them to biodegrade. Some (if not all) manufacturers make the insulation for vehicle wiring from soy. Rats got into the wiring on my wife's car and chewed it up pretty badly. So, you have a soy product tire. You have a flat one day because your tires were eaten by rats. :lol:

I have heard of the soy wiring and rat/mouse attraction.

On another note....years ago we used to have a couple of goats to keep the weeds down up the hill behind the house. I had a jeep CJ5 up there I was taking parts off of for another one I was building. Those 2 goats stripped the wiring harness out of it and consumed the cooper too! Didn't seem to affect them or their appetite any.:lol::lol::lol:

Steeveedee 08-28-2023 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9234981)
I have heard of the soy wiring and rat/mouse attraction.

On another note....years ago we used to have a couple of goats to keep the weeds down up the hill behind the house. I had a jeep CJ5 up there I was taking parts off of for another one I was building. Those 2 goats stripped the wiring harness out of it and consumed the cooper too! Didn't seem to affect them or their appetite any.:lol::lol::lol:

GUH. I guess copper floss is a thing? :lol: I read an article on the intertubes where people are renting out goats for weed abatement (kept in enclosures when on-site) and they even eat poison ivy. I'm a bit skeptical about that last part.

best view 08-28-2023 09:56 PM

That’s a fact on the poison ivy my friend rents them out

Stocker 08-28-2023 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by best view (Post 9235010)
That’s a fact on the poison ivy my friend rents them out

That is a fact alright -- they eat poison oak too. Goats are great for weed abatement to reduce wildfire danger. I heard many years ago that when they eat poison oak or poison ivy, drinking the goat's milk will prevent you from getting the rash from contacting the plant.

68bowtie 08-28-2023 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9234999)
GUH. I guess copper floss is a thing? :lol: I read an article on the intertubes where people are renting out goats for weed abatement (kept in enclosures when on-site) and they even eat poison ivy. I'm a bit skeptical about that last part.

I’ve paid for goats to weed eat dams

Sheepdip 08-28-2023 11:38 PM

A goat will eat weeds before nice green grass, they eat thistle like it's candy.

Sheepdip 08-29-2023 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 9235033)
That is a fact alright -- they eat poison oak too. Goats are great for weed abatement to reduce wildfire danger. I heard many years ago that when they eat poison oak or poison ivy, drinking the goat's milk will prevent you from getting the rash from contacting the plant.

Mike an old fellow I knew who has since passed on, lived up the hill from me in Coulterville.
It's mostly foothill pines and oak trees, lots of shale rock, manzanita and poison oak. He had a herd of about 100 goats just for eating/controlling the poison oak. He said they loved it and he was poison oak free on his land.

Getter-Done 08-29-2023 06:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9235044)
A goat will eat weeds before nice green grass, they eat thistle like it's candy.

I tended to goats when I was younger.:lol:

They like what is on the other side of the fence better.:lol:

Because most days coming home from school I would have to throw the Billy Goat back over the fence.;)

Attachment 2292953

Shifty One 08-31-2023 07:32 PM

A bud of mine bought a goat for controlling the weeds on his desert property. Everything was going great until the goat started to get older/bigger....then it kept head-butting him everytime he went in his yard.

The clerk at the feed store told him to whack the goat with a 2x4. Doug just couldn't do it, he despises animal cruelty. After taking a wicked shot to the butt, he picked up a log, and swung for the fences....

They were pals after that....:hc:

Keith Seymore 09-01-2023 08:06 AM

My dad had a pet goat. My grandfather made a little trailer so that the goat could pull my dad around in it.

They had an old ford pickup on the property that was jacked up with one wheel off it, to power a sawmill or something. The goat would pull dad around until he (the goat) got tired of it, and they he would run under that truck and the boys would go spilling off the top because they wouldn't clear. Great fun.

One dad grandpa put the tire back on the truck and set it back down on the ground. Now the goat wouldn't fit under it -but he didn't know that yet.

So the next time the kids were riding in the cart the goat went to run under the truck and head butted the frame at full speed.

He backed up, stunned, and said "baaaaa", and that was that. He never went anywhere near that pickup again.

K

Boog 09-01-2023 08:10 AM

Yeah, my dad used tell me "the bought lessons (ones that cost you money or pain) you won't soon forget!" ;)

HO455 09-01-2023 03:23 PM

When I lived in Virginia all the wrecking yards were on bottom land and they all had goats living the yard. The goats would destroy all the roofs , hoods and trunk lids by standing on them but, they also killed and ate all the water moccasins and other snakes as well as the poisonous plants. Pretty fair trade off to me. Although I did occasionally get the crap scared out me while working under the dash of a car and some goat would shove their head in to see what was going on. :lol:

Getter-Done 09-01-2023 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What is Going On?

Attachment 2293820

Stocker 09-01-2023 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9236039)
What is Going On?

Attachment 2293820

Peep show for goats? What are they seeing? On second thought, I don't want to know. :lol:

68bowtie 09-02-2023 12:05 AM

They’re watcha youtube video of a goat ramming a truck frame ��

D.B 09-02-2023 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9236039)
What is Going On?

Attachment 2293820

They are thinking the grass is greener on the other side.

Getter-Done 09-02-2023 08:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 9236071)
Peep show for goats? What are they seeing? On second thought, I don't want to know. :lol:

I should have typed it. ;)

That picture was in response to HO455 comment about
{Although I did occasionally get the crap scared out me while working under the dash of a car and some goat would shove their head in to see what was going on. }

Attachment 2293859

Getter-Done 09-02-2023 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.B (Post 9236112)
They are thinking the grass is greener on the other side.

For sure:lol:

Attachment 2293862

Custom 68 09-04-2023 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ha!