The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

special-K 02-06-2019 08:14 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Larry, I'm sorry to hear that day has come. I've observed your comments on her well being over the last year or so, including your recent one where you said you were hanging close to her, and have wondered how she was doing. My mom is four years younger, doing pretty well, but I know not to take that for granted. God bless her soul and my she rest in peace. This was the first day of your life without a mother. At least you've had time to prepare yourself and accept this to be for the best at this point.... sigh

72 tigger 02-06-2019 10:37 PM

Sorry to hear about your mother- praying for you and your family

flashed 02-06-2019 11:06 PM

So sorry to hear about your Mom , Prayers for you and your family .

kingsolver72 02-07-2019 12:11 AM

It is hard to consider it joy when you encounter various trials and tribulations but it sounds like you are comforted with the knowledge of your mom being in a better place. I thought I was going to lose my mom a few months back. I was worried. It has brought my family closer.
I know it’s hard. Prayers

special-K 02-12-2019 07:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had to fix this:

Attachment 1874835

That's a cast iron radiator on the floor. 24' balloon framed 2" x 6" poplar studs. This is at the foundation, 3 ply brick above grade. She's a hurtin' unit, or was. Built-in gutter up top on this 1895 Victorian. Rotted downspout within the soffit let water run down the wall. Must have been decades. All the missing framing I pulled out with my hands, no tools. Siding and plaster were holding it together

EDIT: WTH? Aren't we allowed to take wide pictures anymore? This came through sideways when I uploaded it, so I went to 'edit' and rotated it. That is how it shows in the thumbnail in my folder now. Fixed it, right? What do I do? Rotate it to be wrong so my computer will make it right? It's a primal violation to have control of your own matters ripped from your hands. Thanks Windows10 for 'helping' where help was not needed... ARGH!

davischevy 02-12-2019 12:23 PM

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys.

I have two sisters and a brother that have been amazing through this whole thing. We had all her financial matters tended to before hand, so all we had to do was go through her personal stuff and divide it up.

She had a nice low mileage car, so we set a value based on KBB, and drew for it. My sis got the car and my other sis and brother and I will get compensated out of the estate for our shares.

I dropped the ball on the house. Just before my dad died, they bought a nice house. We never had a "Transfer on Death" deed made on that property, so now we will have to run her house through Probate.

If you are facing a similar situation, get this stuff in order. It's a lot easier than messing with it afterwards.

davischevy 02-12-2019 12:24 PM

1. If poison expires, is it more poisonous or is it no longer poisonous?

2. Which letter is silent in the word "Scent," the S or the C?

3. Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned?

4. Why is the letter W, in English, called double U? Shouldn't it be called double V?

5. Maybe oxygen is slowly killing you and It just takes 75-100 years to fully work.

6. Every time you clean something, you just make something else dirty.

7. The word "swims" upside-down is still "swims"

8. 100 years ago everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars.
Today everyone has cars and only the rich own horses.

9. If you replace "W" with "T" in "What, Where and When", you get the answer to each of them.

special-K 02-12-2019 07:13 PM

Now you got me thinking deep thoughts. Why are they called half smokes?

Steeveedee 02-12-2019 08:12 PM

That driving on the parkway and parking in the driveway is a head scratcher, too. For that matter, how do you park IN the driveway? Dig a hole?

davischevy 02-12-2019 10:12 PM

If your wife's mother is in jail, do you have a mother out law.

Advanced Design 02-12-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8464850)
If your wife's mother is in jail, do you have a mother out law.

Maybe a Mother in law out law?

special-K 02-13-2019 06:55 AM

Why do we mark inflammable as a safety warning when a substance that catches fire rapidly is flammable? "These cans say inflammable Joe. We're safe, go ahead and light that torch"

special-K 02-13-2019 07:28 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I live in a little old house in the country, log built 1857 by a freed slave. Everything I have built I have given thought to lend to it's original character. So I built an outhouse!

Steeveedee 02-13-2019 02:10 PM

Different kind of gas from my experience in an outhouse. :devil:

Palf70Step 02-13-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8465272)

:lol::ito:

Very kool little shed there K.

kingsolver72 02-13-2019 05:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I built a fairly large dog house... no dogs, but I like for people that pull up in my drive to think that I have one. I need to put a big bowl out there that says killer. ;) In reality it’s where I keep the fuel for the mower, chainsaws, weed trimmers,leaf blower and shop heater.

Dieselwrencher 02-13-2019 05:50 PM

Nice out house shed Tim!

Scott, are you still raising buffalo? Nice dog house.

kingsolver72 02-13-2019 06:15 PM

Hey Ryan, Had an opportunity to acquire a couple head a few years ago but, I still haven’t built a fence to keep them in. Only thing we’re raising at the moment are kids and ducks.
I think John@thepier will get there before me...he may already have some?

special-K 02-13-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8465272)

:lol: I plan to put a vent stack with a cone shaped cap.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 8465392)
:lol::ito:

Very kool little shed there K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 8465482)
Nice out house shed Tim!

Thanks for the props. I built it while I was down with broken ribs last summer... nice and easy goes it. It's 4'x4' plus built to a point behind that with a triangle roof below the fence top. I still need to cut the crescent moon in the door, of course. And it will get painted to match the house. Wiped that new galvanized w/vinegar a few times already.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsolver72 (Post 8465475)
I built a fairly large dog house... no dogs, but I like for people that pull up in my drive to think that I have one. I need to put a big bowl out there that says killer. ;) In reality it’s where I keep the fuel for the mower, chainsaws, weed trimmers,leaf blower and shop heater.

Same kind of thinking, a small bldg you're used to seeing on a rural property built for a purpose (other than you'd assume). Actually, that spot for the privy is where the dog house used to be.

I have a suggestion. How about painting on the door a black square with arched top for the dog's doorway? If you feel real creative you could paint Spike the Bulldog napping. Hook a dummy chain to his color running to a stake. Not to get carried away with it or anything :lol:

kingsolver72 02-13-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8465553)
:lol: I plan to put a vent stack with a cone shaped cap.

Thanks for the props. I built it while I was down with broken ribs last summer... nice and easy goes it. It's 4'x4' plus built to a point behind that with a triangle roof below the fence top. I still need to cut the crescent moon in the door, of course. And it will get painted to match the house. Wiped that new galvanized w/vinegar a few times already.

Same kind of thinking, a small bldg you're used to seeing on a rural property built for a purpose (other than you'd assume). Actually, that spot for the privy is where the dog house used to be.
I have a suggestion. How about painting on the door a black square with arched top for the dog's doorway? If you feel real creative you could paint Spike the Bulldog napping. Hook a dummy chain to his color running to a stake. Not to get carried away with it or anything :lol:

I had thought about painting the door black, just never got around to it. I also thought about laying a log chain next to the “dog house”.
I ain’t near the carpenter you are but I may lay some carpet in there if I ever do get a dog.
So now I’ve a project. Paint the dog house door instead of workin on my truck.;)

Dieselwrencher 02-13-2019 07:37 PM

Tim, are you wiping the tin with vinegar to age it faster?

special-K 02-13-2019 08:28 PM

First to clean mill scale to prep for paint, but would like to see it age. Maybe I should try Muriatic, ey? :cool: It's so shiny I figure keep doing till the weather lets me paint. I bought a gallon jug, it's cheap. I would like to see it age and surface rust. I'd leave it like that. I wanted to find some old corrugated but wound up going to Lowe's. This stuff is so thin I didn't realize I was picking up two at a time when I bought it. The old stuff has more ridges

Boog 02-13-2019 08:58 PM

Most things these days aren't what they used to be Tim.

Steeveedee 02-13-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8465606)
First to clean mill scale to prep for paint, but would like to see it age. Maybe I should try Muriatic, ey? :cool: It's so shiny I figure keep doing till the weather lets me paint. I bought a gallon jug, it's cheap. I would like to see it age and surface rust. I'd leave it like that. I wanted to find some old corrugated but wound up going to Lowe's. This stuff is so thin I didn't realize I was picking up two at a time when I bought it. The old stuff has more ridges

Just use a propane torch to burn the zinc off, but do it on a windy day, while staying upwind. Just kidding. I know plenty of guys who welded galvanized steel and have gotten mighty sick (and/or died) from metal fume poising. Or just keep putting vinegar on it, the zinc will eventually go away. The muriatic acid will take the zinc right off, but zinc chloride is also poisonous. If it were mine, I'd just sandblast it and let nature take its course.

special-K 02-13-2019 11:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Vinegar will do the trick for paint prep. I'll do it again when ready to paint, rinse with water, then use a DTM primer. I'm going to change the color of the aluminum siding on my house and paint it with that color. House trim colors will stay the same. I got a plan man :cool:. Woodshed matches, too, so that gets the treatment as well.