The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

OrrieG 09-18-2013 02:55 PM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

Impressed the ricer girlfriends too???

OrrieG 09-18-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena (Post 6273928)
You know Mike, there is a striking resemblance between your truck and Denee's!

Kissing cousins?

Cousins indeed, one the skinny one (Denee stepside) the other a little wider (Mikes fleetside), both nice looking.

Dan in Pasadena 09-18-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coupeguy2001 (Post 6274647)
drove it to work, wowed the masses

Ha ha, I love the understatement!

I'm planning to drive mine to work as soon as it cools off a bit. I currently work in West L.A. Land of the truly high maintenance. There are Rolls, Fiskars, Mercedes out the ying yang in my parking lot. I don't EXPECT to "wow the masses" - unless they collectively feel sorry for me! Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

fabguy 09-18-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrieG (Post 6275307)
Cousins indeed, one the skinny one (Denee stepside) the other a little wider (Mikes fleetside), both nice looking.

Thank you OrrieG
Posted via Mobile Device

Patina'd_402 09-18-2013 06:42 PM

Finished my 2/4 drop.... :D

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/o...996638d401.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

crossfire84 09-18-2013 07:02 PM

started to shorten the other side of truck upper and lower control arms.

Coupeguy2001 09-18-2013 09:47 PM

I think it was Wow it's 106 outside and he doesn't have AIR CONDITIONING.
Or WOW why does that thing make so much noise?
or WOW Why does that truck sit low in the front?
Or WOW why does that truck peal out on every light change?
Or WOW that truck is too old

I think that kind of wow

Dan in Pasadena 09-18-2013 10:38 PM

Maybe it was, "Wow, I thought he made more money than that!" ha ha ha.

TNBandit 09-18-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena (Post 6273910)
I want my truck lower, I've just grown up enough to not want to deal with approaching driveways and speed bumps at an angle. Not worrying about some pothole I didn't see until the last moment. Screw all that BS. I want my truck to ride decent, look cool and NOT be a pain in my a$$.

If that makes me "old" then I'm old and I don't give a rip.

(Now, where are my Velcro tennis shoes, my gigantic black plastic sunglasses to put over my regular glasses, and my black socks to wear with my Bermuda shorts?! lol)

What's wrong with Velcro tennis shoes ? ;)

Dan in Pasadena 09-18-2013 10:56 PM

Apparently, nothing if you're looking at them through those gigantor black plastic sunglasses! lol

Dan in Pasadena 09-18-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patina'd_402 (Post 6275585)
Finished my 2/4 drop.... :D

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/o...996638d401.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey, aren't you on the entirely wrong sub forum?

You didn't notice ALL the photos of '47-'59 trucks?:rolleyes:

Patina'd_402 09-18-2013 11:29 PM

Yea...hahaha

I searched it through google... Failed to read the header.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coupeguy2001 09-19-2013 09:55 AM

I might add Dan, that mine has a real paint job.

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/CIMG0342.jpg

Dan in Pasadena 09-19-2013 12:25 PM

Trying to mke me feel bad, huh?!

And a nice paint job it is too. Your trucks looks great, congrats. I'll get there some day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Daze57 09-19-2013 12:31 PM

ahhhhhh dont feel bad dan ! your truck looks great and that day you do get it painted it will look great
jussss my 02 centavos worth

Dan in Pasadena 09-19-2013 03:29 PM

Ha ha, I honestly don't feel bad...well except that my progress has been stalled on the truck recently - the trailer expense, big doings at work - I'll get back to it in earnest soon. Hell, I haven't even been able to move my boat from in front of her so I can take her out to a little local cruise night a couple of guys here go to!

As for paint? Yeah, I can't wait to have it just EXACTLY as I want it to be mechanically. And I mean polished stainless exposed bolts, AC, PS, the whole thing. THEN, I'll take her all apart again for SHINEEE perfect paint!
Posted via Mobile Device

Daze57 09-19-2013 03:39 PM

dan

do you have a color in mind ?

it took me a very long time to find what i like - finally did ! on a 1992 vette

color ? 1992 corvette black rose
i think a 2-3 year color only

cheers

Dan in Pasadena 09-19-2013 04:54 PM

All along I've been planning on red. Yes, red is trite but it is because it looks good on these trucks. Specifically Porsche Guards Red, possibly GM Torch red or the dark red that Honda/Acura uses.

But more and more lately I've been thinking of a green. Not exactly like the Oregano that is one it. Something lighter, softer and closer to an era-correct color. I like the green of the new Fiat 500's, but its not quite what I have in mind. Probably not metallic, but that could change.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dan in Pasadena 09-19-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena (Post 6276999)
All along I've been planning on red. Yes, red is trite but it is because it looks good on these trucks. Specifically Porsche Guards Red, possibly GM Torch red or the dark red that Honda/Acura uses.

But more and more lately I've been thinking of a green. Not exactly like the Oregano that is on it. Something lighter, softer and closer to an era-correct color. I like the green of the new Fiat 500's, but its not quite what I have in mind. Probably not metallic, but that could change.
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

Daze57 09-19-2013 05:07 PM

nice choices sir

itstheshu 09-19-2013 06:25 PM

Cleaned 60 years of grease off the springs. Was surprised to see the original part number painted on top of the springs in such good shape.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dan in Pasadena 09-19-2013 08:09 PM

Grease is a good preservative!

itstheshu 09-19-2013 09:02 PM

If it had only done such a good job on the bushings.
Posted via Mobile Device

mknittle 09-20-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patina'd_402 (Post 6276010)
Yea...hahaha

I searched it through google... Failed to read the header.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice truck though:lol:

mknittle 09-20-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena (Post 6276999)

But more and more lately I've been thinking of a green. Not exactly like the Oregano that is one it. Something lighter, softer and closer to an era-correct color. I like the green of the new Fiat 500's, but its not quite what I have in mind. Probably not metallic, but that could change.
Posted via Mobile Device

That would look good for sure! I like solid colors (Non metallic) They seem to hold up better.

mknittle 09-20-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena (Post 6275365)
Ha ha, I love the understatement!

I'm planning to drive mine to work as soon as it cools off a bit. I currently work in West L.A. Land of the truly high maintenance. There are Rolls, Fiskars, Mercedes out the ying yang in my parking lot. I don't EXPECT to "wow the masses" - unless they collectively feel sorry for me! Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

:lol: the type of people that look down their noses at you, Even if you are taller:lol: Haven't figured out wow they do that yet:lol:

Dan in Pasadena 09-20-2013 02:25 PM

Hmmm, I'm not sure what you were trying to say on that last line but I think it was a compliment. I'll take it as that and say thank you!

Happy Weekend to all you guys. Mine will be happy happy; I'm a baseball fan and especially a Dodgers fan and they just clinched. With apologies to you D'Backs, Giants, Padres & Rockies fans I couldn't be happier!
Posted via Mobile Device

fabguy 09-20-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena (Post 6278245)
Hmmm, I'm not sure what you were trying to say on that last line but I think it was a compliment. I'll take it as that and say thank you!

Happy Weekend to all you guys. Mine will be happy happy; I'm a baseball fan and especially a Dodgers fan and they just clinched. With apologies to you D'Backs, Giants, Padres & Rockies fans I couldn't be happier!
Posted via Mobile Device

:confused:

Those teams don't play football. Is baseball a sport also :lol:

Just kidding Dan, have a great weekend ;)

fabguy 09-20-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mknittle (Post 6277860)
:lol: the type of people that look down their noses at you, Even if you are taller:lol: Haven't figured out wow they do that yet:lol:

I run into lot of those types at work also. I work on elevators and they are everywhere out here in Los Angeles.
Really funny when you look at them like they are tourists and also talk to them that way, they usually tell me'' sorry I am from here'' and I reply. '' Don't worry I can tell'' then just walk away.
Sometimes I will turn around to see there expression and they stand there staring at me confused as I walk away.

Dan in Pasadena 09-20-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabguy (Post 6278488)
I run into lot of those types at work also. I work on elevators and they are everywhere out here in Los Angeles.
Really funny when you look at them like they are tourists and also talk to them that way, they usually tell me'' sorry I am from here'' and I reply. '' Don't worry I can tell'' then just walk away.
Sometimes I will turn around to see there expression and they stand there staring at me confused as I walk away.

I'm temporarily working out of a project office in a building where a lot of people related to the entertainment business work.

There's the occasional OUTRAGEOUSLY beautiful young woman and they're not as stand-offish as you might imagine. I think they're used to NOT being spoken to. Some guys are intimidated. I'm 58 so I'm of no real interest to them so they relax if I am pleasant, "Hi, how are you today?" "Nice dress!" etc. in the elevator. They smile and act surprised that a man spoke to them.

But some; not all, of the attorneys in the entertainment business (my daughter is one just not in this building) are "Grand Prix" - if you get my meaning. Next door at the lunch places they act like they're more important than you. I let them know, "...you may be somebody in your office but you're just another slob like me out here, buddy". You don't have to SAY that, you just have to not defer to them like they're used to because of their high dollar car or suit, etc.

Dan in Pasadena 09-20-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabguy (Post 6278478)
:confused:

Those teams don't play football. Is baseball a sport also :lol:

Just kidding Dan, have a great weekend ;)

Yeah, baseball is the game with the ROUND ball, not the one with pointy one! You know, the one where normal sized people play it, not genetic giants!:lol:

Seriously, I used to be a HUGE Rams fans. As big as a Dodgers fan. It kills me we didn't get to keep their name like Cleveland got to keep the "Browns".

After they left I tried to be a Chargers fan, a 49'ers fan, etc. Never was a Raiders fan because I hated Al Davis - God rest his soul. None ever really caught on with me. I want an expansion team, but the likelihood is if we ever get a team it'll be the Phuckineers, or the Viqueens (as my Minnesotan son-in-law calls them when they play badly). Now, if there were ever a Dodgers football team, I'd be a nut job for them!:lol:

vht 09-20-2013 08:00 PM

That's why Dan can't get nothing done on the truck, he's watching sports! Dan, put a big screen in the garage.

apache200 09-20-2013 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bought some carpet from a fellow board member Caudillo64 got it in the mail today. Thanks Caudillo64

blue57 09-20-2013 09:06 PM

Well yesterday..... fitted my stainless strip around the gas door in my bed. Got another paint quote that is more in my range. Saw a truck that has a build thread on here that had been sold.
Posted via Mobile Device

Daze57 09-20-2013 09:19 PM

'' Dan, put a big screen in the garage. ''

there ya go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fabguy 09-20-2013 10:27 PM

Finally got the wood from the finisher. He said all he had to do was color sand and buff it out. Went by the Truckshop and bought my polished stainless strips for the bed.
Am currently trying install with the wifey helping me. Hard to get the special pieces I am adding on the inside panels. Will post pics to show everyone my surprise.
Posted via Mobile Device

fabguy 09-20-2013 10:30 PM

Yeah Dan, why not?
Bring it with you when we do your frame. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Dan in Pasadena 09-20-2013 11:02 PM

Oh, we're doing my frame in YOUR shop?

If that's true it'd almost be worth it to buy a big screen to get you to help me! ha ha.

I took my 90 year old mother to Walmart last week and you know they have a 1080 dpi big screen, I think like 48 or 52 inches for $498!!! Blew me away. That's CHEAP compared to what they used to cost.

Jgowin 09-21-2013 09:14 PM

Removed the gas tank, it had about 2 gallons of gas in it and about 2lbs of rust. I put degreaser and chain in then went to muratic acid. It got a it out but it's still pretty bad. I opted to order a new one.
Posted via Mobile Device

arturo7 09-21-2013 10:12 PM

Finished yanking all of the wiring out of the body, picked up my buddy's rotisserie.