The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773345)

Rich72C10 07-24-2022 11:07 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

3 Attachment(s)
Hi All -

A forum member, D.B, wanted some images of the 3M stuff I used under my hood so I needed to pull out my truck from the garage. Which I haven't done since about April. Figured, might as well take my daughter to work today :-)

Of all the things, my daughter noticed old cars turning down a road on FM 1626 in Buda, Texas. I completely missed the car turning in, so on the way back home I checked out what was going on.

Knights of Columbus 2nd Annual Classic Car Show

I love how they painted the Rally's on this C10/CST

I hope they do again next year in the same place, it is pretty awesome where the show is setup. I gave the registering guys my contact stuff, hope they get me their information for next year!

Jiggers72-GMC 07-25-2022 09:22 AM

Right on Richard, looks like a great show

Steeveedee 07-26-2022 10:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Took more than one day. I was worried about getting the headliner in more than getting the seat cover on. I sure had that backwards. New foam and seat cover, new headliner, new dome light housing. It even works! I've never seen it work until a few weeks ago when I put that thing in.

LNP 07-26-2022 02:04 PM

Looks great. I too struggled when I installed the headliner in my truck

Steeveedee 07-26-2022 03:40 PM

Thanks! I'm really happy with the new upholstery. We'll put a Mexican blanket we bought many years ago over it when the sun is on it. If I had my way it would have been parchment or black and white hounds tooth cloth. That black vinyl is like sitting on a skillet, in hot weather. :devil:

pjmoreland 07-26-2022 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9105724)
Took more than one day. I was worried about getting the headliner in more than getting the seat cover on. I sure had that backwards. New foam and seat cover, new headliner, new dome light housing. It even works! I've never seen it work until a few weeks ago when I put that thing in.

Wow! Very nice

LNP 07-26-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9105838)
Thanks! I'm really happy with the new upholstery. We'll put a Mexican blanket we bought many years ago over it when the sun is on it. If I had my way it would have been parchment or black and white hounds tooth cloth. That black vinyl is like sitting on a skillet, in hot weather. :devil:

My 70 Challenger has a black interior so I know what you mean about how the seats feel after they have been in the sun. My C-10 seat has a Mexican blanket seat cover.

72c20customcamper 07-26-2022 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9105724)

Looks great . One question though I highlighted the area I’m guessing it’s a pass through? If so I guess my truck must have been similar as I have the snap clips all around the rear window .

Steeveedee 07-26-2022 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjmoreland (Post 9105841)
Wow! Very nice

Thanks, I give PUI credit for the stuff, I just installed it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9105892)
Looks great . One question though I highlighted the area I’m guessing it’s a pass through? If so I guess my truck must have been similar as I have the snap clips all around the rear window .

Yup. It is a pass-through. When my wife was young she could climb through it. There were beds in there, on either side. There was a black vinyl piece that snapped on for privacy. The back had curtains. They would camp sometimes with just the truck; they had a trailer as well.

72c20customcamper 07-26-2022 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rotated the tires and greased the front . I may run the poor boy look for a while

Steeveedee 07-26-2022 08:41 PM

Hmm...I haven't lubed the front end goodies in years. It has a lot to do with only having driven the new parts about 7k miles. Guess I'll lube it this oil change.

sellersrodshop 07-29-2022 04:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sold the wheels off of mine today. It’s officially called “Shoeless Joe” until I get a new set…

CG 07-29-2022 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the seat frame and metal door panels back from the sand blasters yesterday. Got em primed and painted. Today I’m trying to decide if I want to use my new lower foam or keep the old (it’s not too bad). I have the vinyl with cardboard backing door panels basking in the sun getting ready to glue back on the the metal panels

3757chevy 07-29-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9105920)
Rotated the tires and greased the front . I may run the poor boy look for a while

Quote:

Originally Posted by sellersrodshop (Post 9106758)
Sold the wheels off of mine today. It’s officially called “Shoeless Joe” until I get a new set…

Well Mark I think sellersrodshop has the poorboy look going just a little bit more. :lol:

Steeveedee 07-29-2022 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9107038)
Well Mark I think sellersrodshop has the poorboy look going just a little bit more. :lol:

:lol: Ain't got no tires...Makes me think of an old Roger Miller song. (King of the Road).

Palf70Step 07-30-2022 02:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished up the water pump change on the 70. Put in a high-flow pump. painted it the other day, installed yesterday and finished up all the misc stuff today. She works good and no more weeping. No we can drive again!! Was a bit of a pain as it was first time changing one on a factory A/C V8. Very strange hook up on these old ones. I do like the newer serpentine setup for ease of access. Hopefully good for another 20+ years.

LNP 07-30-2022 06:13 PM

Nice job

sellersrodshop 08-01-2022 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9107042)
:lol: Ain't got no tires...Makes me think of an old Roger Miller song. (King of the Road).

Now there’s a tune I haven’t heard in many years! :metal:

67C10Step 08-01-2022 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got all the dash stuff in. Your eyes do not deceive you. That is a functional Kenwood AM/FM/Cassette player. Also installed a Kenwood replacement speaker in the dash. Will figure out some rear speakers later. With no tank behind the seat any longer I have options. It occurred to me after getting the cigarette lighter wired up that my 20 and 22 year old kids have never seen a functional lighter like this. Need to clean the paint up a bit and finish up the antenna install.

LNP 08-01-2022 03:05 PM

Looking good

Jiggers72-GMC 08-01-2022 03:21 PM

Nice, a cassette player is not a bad idea, I still have some old 'rock n roll' tapes here.

72c20customcamper 08-01-2022 07:31 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Finished up the frame rails . Found the partial vin nice working on something that’s never seen salt . Now I need to paint the motor and I can start hanging the sheet metal .

LNP 08-02-2022 09:31 AM

Definitely not a Illinois vehicel then. lol Looking good.

72c20customcamper 08-02-2022 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNP (Post 9108230)
Definitely not a Illinois vehicel then. lol Looking good.

South Carolina farm truck .

72c20customcamper 08-02-2022 02:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I didn’t know the transmission was orange too .

72c20customcamper 08-02-2022 06:46 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I knew I’d find the spindle and lower control arm if I kept digging . This isn’t even with any power tool all I did was wire brush after scraping .

jgrote 08-02-2022 06:58 PM

Washed it, and peeled off some of the stickers on the back window. I'm not a fan of wearing my politics on my truck. Worse yet, wearing someone else's politics on the back of my truck. Yesterday, I ordered a new steering wheel, adapter, and quick release. I plan on making it as hard to steal as possible.

LNP 08-03-2022 09:40 AM

Looks like you've busy.

Dad's72 08-03-2022 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich72C10 (Post 9104939)
Hi All -

A forum member, D.B, wanted some images of the 3M stuff I used under my hood so I needed to pull out my truck from the garage. Which I haven't done since about April. Figured, might as well take my daughter to work today :-)

Of all the things, my daughter noticed old cars turning down a road on FM 1626 in Buda, Texas. I completely missed the car turning in, so on the way back home I checked out what was going on.

Knights of Columbus 2nd Annual Classic Car Show

I love how they painted the Rally's on this C10/CST

I hope they do again next year in the same place, it is pretty awesome where the show is setup. I gave the registering guys my contact stuff, hope they get me their information for next year!

I always enjoy seeing your truck driving in the area. I live in the Hills of Bear Creek and my kids always point out your truck when they see it on 1626. I was there at that car show and saw your truck again that day. It stands out because the two tone color. I always think it is pretty unique and my wife being a UT grad always likes it as well.

JT_Trucks87 08-07-2022 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2210010Changed around wheels and tires.

67C10Step 08-07-2022 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fantastic truck, JT!

I didn’t do much. Guy came by to pick up some letters for the hood of his 68 and brought me a trade. Actual front license plate from the period for my truck. It’s about 1.5x thicker than new plates these days. Couldn’t help but put it on.

KQQL IT 08-08-2022 12:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Decided our master cylinder is leaking, not the wheel cylinders.
And worked on teaching my son how to navigate the crazies.

zicc1835 08-08-2022 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
after much grinder wheeling gave in..... sent it off to blast yesterday:waah:

72c20customcamper 08-15-2022 02:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Got to the engine today . Need to pull the pulleys and paint also need a new temp sender gage works but sender is DOA . Also the upper and lower alternator brackets are cracked so I need to weld them up. Man I love the Eastwood SCT tool definitely have gotten my moneys worth out of it.

72c20customcamper 08-15-2022 02:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Valve cover after paint .

LNP 08-15-2022 02:47 PM

Looks really nice

Already Gone 08-15-2022 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Front end rebuild commences.

72c20customcamper 08-15-2022 06:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The two broken brackets bottom one is totally broke off the top adjuster bracket has a crack .

72c20customcamper 08-15-2022 06:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And anyone know why there would be an external resistor on the coil? As long as I’ve owned it there has been no wire coming out of it . Could it be for radio interference ?

LNP 08-16-2022 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9112904)
And anyone know why there would be an external resistor on the coil? As long as I’ve owned it there has been no wire coming out of it . Could it be for radio interference ?

Its to protect the points and help keep the magnetic field going. Heres a good article that goes thru conventional ignition that explains it better than me as well as lots of other good info.

https://www.championautoparts.com/Te...gnetic%20field.