The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

CG 12-31-2021 05:03 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

My honey is working today, which is too bad because it super nice out, very blue sky. Everything is still well covered in snow. I hopped in the little Fiat 500, put the top all the way down, and went for a drive. Wasn't too chilly, I think it was 29, but I had the heat cranked lol.

Palf70Step 12-31-2021 05:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got all the Christmas visitors out and the oil pan gasket changed on the 81, so I spent yesterday and today working on cleaning up and reorganizing the shop. Put some shelves together to store bins of parts and stuff. Shifted the welder & hydraulic press around to make room for longer truck. I can at least move around well, but still have things I need to get in storgae bins or shelves.

Boog 12-31-2021 07:18 PM

Bill, I'm sorry to say you don't have enough walls to put all of that stuff up.
But I don't either. :lol:

LockDoc 12-31-2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 9013280)
Got all the Christmas visitors out and the oil pan gasket changed on the 81, so I spent yesterday and today working on cleaning up and reorganizing the shop. Put some shelves together to store bins of parts and stuff. Shifted the welder, press around to make room for longer truck. I can at least move around well, but still have things I need to get in storgae bins or shelves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9013319)

My problem exactly.... I have been trying to straighten up my shop for the last month but the going has really been slow. Seems like I always come across a part that needs cleaned up or repaired so I stop the cleaning and do that. You know, the 15 minute job that takes 2 hours...:lol:

LockDoc

special-K 12-31-2021 11:34 PM

The last gal I had living here, maybe a years and a half, I can only remember her cooking dinner 3 or 4 times. It gave me pleasure to pamper her................................................................until it became what about me time :cool:. I don't think she got the 'mutual' thing. A literal case of "What do you bring to the table?" :lol:

I had a first date with another gal. She offered to come over and fix me dinner. I was impressed. But I didn't like it that much. Never had a second date :lol:

allchevy58 01-01-2022 12:01 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 (Post 9013085)
is that an Eiger 400?
looks like my wife's Eiger
there a pretty solid quad

Yes, it's 2007 Eiger. Today got all plastic on and headlights buffed out.

allchevy58 01-01-2022 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9013090)
That looks really good. Nice job!

Thanks, purshate that. My sister's in Santa Fe these days, but still can send me dried chilis. I've had her send them before. There's Badia brand sold here at Food Lion, which I use for spices. We have a Mega Mart in Frederick, which is all Hispanic, but nothing much there that other stores don't sell... except chicken feet! There is a small independent grocery that opened right in Mt. Airy I need to check out. I think the thing in NM is you get them fresh, and everybody dries them it seems

Thank You

special-K 01-01-2022 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9013319)

Yeah Bill, Boog, and Leon. You need four more walls, called a parts shed. We are like the farmers, had an outbuilding for each thing, chicken coupe, hay barn, corn crib, machine shed, wood shed... We just have the pig pen :lol:. Actually, I have all the minor outbuildings, parts shed and all. Just not the shop!

Palf70Step 01-01-2022 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Tim, I do have a parts shed. It needs sorted thru right now too. :rolleyes: Right now it is mostly engine extras, blocks heads cranks and I am not sure. The engine stuff is heavy to move around, so I don't look there that often :lol:

special-K 01-01-2022 09:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
You have a nice one. I guess clutter is inevitable with our sort. Got parts? :cool:

I am moving my 12 x 20 barn w/upper floor. It had a mixture of things, including my bigger/heavier truck stuff, like engines, transmissions, and transfer cases and it all needed cleared out. First time that building has been cleared out in 32 years when I built it! I stuffed a lot of things in my screen house, which is up the hill across the yard. I wasn't about to move engines and such up there, so I built a temporary shelter using screws and bolts, for easy disassembly later, on the slab in front of the building. Now that is cluttered. Last night in the dark I kicked over the coffee can I've been setting my oil funnel in to drip all these years. I searched all over for the bucket of oil dry. I knew exactly where it was for over 30 years. The slab is sloped, so... time was of the essences. Finally found it in the far back corner stuffed under an engine on a stand. Had to move things to get even close, reached way back and down barely able to flip the lid off, but no way was it coming out of there. I ran around and found a paint cup to scoop it out and spread. A frantic time for sure. Of course, it is spread right in the path to my tool chest.

Here's the outside. I thought I had an inside picture on the 'puter. I'll grab one and stick it here later

Here it is
Attachment 2155331

Palf70Step 01-01-2022 12:52 PM

Tim, yes there is stuff going away soon I hope in there, mostly 250 6-banger extras. After helping my friends widow with all his stuff, I want to thin it out some so my wife and kids won't have to deal with (well as much anyways) that I just helped with.

special-K 01-02-2022 06:19 AM

I hope they won't be dealing with what you've left behind for a good long while, Bill.

A1971Blazer 01-02-2022 01:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
been needing to rebuild the carburetor on my old utility atv
had the kit for a year…..was surfing ebay and found a brand new one for $35.00
put it on and it’s back to running like a champ
Attachment 2155405

Attachment 2155406

FleetsidePaul 01-04-2022 05:09 AM

Bought another house today. I'm not moving. It's just going to be a weekend place right in downtown Kernville right next to the Kern River.

I couldn't pass it up. And I also can't believe that I got it. Property around here is hot right now and I got creamed on the last house that I tried to buy.

But the previous owner was transferred and wanted to unload it. Furniture and everything. And it's nice stuff. Really nice. This guy spent some cash tricking this place out. It doesn't need anything. Which is good for me because I don't like to do anything,

So. I'm stoked. I love this place. It's just a small place, but location, location, location. It's right where I want to be. And it's just me and my wife. And I can always sleep in the doghouse. I've done it before. (move over Duke)

Here's the tiny worst picture that I could post and really doesn't do the place justice, but the other pic's won't upload. I hate computers.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...mbs/8_ball.jpg

Ol Blue K20 01-04-2022 09:54 AM

Nothing like a vacation home that's 15 minutes from home......:lol:

Boog 01-04-2022 10:44 AM

Hey, a dog house with all the comforts of home. I like that. ;)

LT7A 01-04-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9013487)
You have a nice one. I guess clutter is inevitable with our sort. Got parts? :cool:

I am moving my 12 x 20 barn w/upper floor. It had a mixture of things, including my bigger/heavier truck stuff, like engines, transmissions, and transfer cases and it all needed cleared out. First time that building has been cleared out in 32 years when I built it! I stuffed a lot of things in my screen house, which is up the hill across the yard. I wasn't about to move engines and such up there, so I built a temporary shelter using screws and bolts, for easy disassembly later, on the slab in front of the building. Now that is cluttered. Last night in the dark I kicked over the coffee can I've been setting my oil funnel in to drip all these years. I searched all over for the bucket of oil dry. I knew exactly where it was for over 30 years. The slab is sloped, so... time was of the essences. Finally found it in the far back corner stuffed under an engine on a stand. Had to move things to get even close, reached way back and down barely able to flip the lid off, but no way was it coming out of there. I ran around and found a paint cup to scoop it out and spread. A frantic time for sure. Of course, it is spread right in the path to my tool chest.

Here's the outside. I thought I had an inside picture on the 'puter. I'll grab one and stick it here later

Here it is
Attachment 2155331

I'd never heard of a screen house before, but it makes sense. If it's not putting too much information out there, it would be interesting to see a layout of the buildings on your property. I think it's cool with all of the specific use buildings and all of the detail that you put into your work. None of my business, so, no obligation. Just interest on my part. My background and my work have me helping people personally and professionally to decide what to do where they live. So I pay close attention when a person has professional skills and is applying them to their home and you have taken on a big challenge of tying together buildings of different uses built at different times. I've been following along and if seems that every 5 posts on this thread, that another building pops up ; ) so I got curious about the layout.

FleetsidePaul 01-04-2022 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 9014573)
Nothing like a vacation home that's 15 minutes from home......:lol:

Yeah. I know. :lol: But I like the whole downtown vibe. And I don't have to worry about parking during Whiskey Flat Days. I'm already there. :)

FleetsidePaul 01-04-2022 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9014587)
Hey, a dog house with all the comforts of home. I like that. ;)

When you get in trouble as much as I do it's called planning.

72c20customcamper 01-04-2022 06:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished up my coal forge this afternoon . Works better than the one I made before with firebrick and sand .

GOPAPA 01-04-2022 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 9013280)
Got all the Christmas visitors out and the oil pan gasket changed on the 81, so I spent yesterday and today working on cleaning up and reorganizing the shop. Put some shelves together to store bins of parts and stuff. Shifted the welder & hydraulic press around to make room for longer truck. I can at least move around well, but still have things I need to get in storgae bins or shelves.

Bill .. sure would be a lot of fun to get invited over for a cup of coffee in the mixed of all that stuff ,,and just talk about it . that's a lot of stuff my friend . Makes for some good conversation .

special-K 01-04-2022 09:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9014647)
I'd never heard of a screen house before, but it makes sense. If it's not putting too much information out there, it would be interesting to see a layout of the buildings on your property. I think it's cool with all of the specific use buildings and all of the detail that you put into your work. None of my business, so, no obligation. Just interest on my part. My background and my work have me helping people personally and professionally to decide what to do where they live. So I pay close attention when a person has professional skills and is applying them to their home and you have taken on a big challenge of tying together buildings of different uses built at different times. I've been following along and if seems that every 5 posts on this thread, that another building pops up ; ) so I got curious about the layout.

Hey, no problem. I also call it a picnic house. I was inspired by "pond houses" I have seen people build at their ponds. It's really just a detached screen porch. I built it 10'W x 14'L and have (well, not right now) an 8' picnic table in there. I made it look a bit like a spring house, which old places would have before refrigeration, but usually were stone with more wall than open. I built it with walls 1/3 the length on the NW end to help shelter against storms. I stapled screen to the tops of the joists, so it truly is bug-proof. That's the idea, a picnic table with no bugs, out of the sun, and out of the rain. Last picture is feasting on crabs in there with my mon, niece, and her boyfriend shown talking to a vagrant we took in :lol:. There is enough room for a cahir at either end. I believe there had just been a thinderstorm.

LS short box 01-04-2022 10:03 PM

Spent the day finding parts to repair the drain lines under our utility room sink. Two trips to Menards and I still don't have the right parts. God I hate plumbing stuff.

Getter-Done 01-04-2022 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9014829)
Hey, no problem. I also call it a picnic house. I was inspired by "pond houses" I have seen people build at their ponds. It's really just a detached screen porch. I built it 10'W x 14'L and have (well, not right now) an 8' picnic table in there. I made it look a bit like a spring house, which old places would have before refrigeration, but usually were stone with more wall than open. I built it with walls 1/3 the length on the NW end to help shelter against storms. I stapled screen to the tops of the joists, so it truly is bug-proof. That's the idea, a picnic table with no bugs, out of the sun, and out of the rain. Last picture is feasting on crabs in there with my mon, niece, and her boyfriend shown talking to a vagrant we took in :lol:. There is enough room for a cahir at either end. I believe there had just been a thinderstorm.

I really like that alot;)
Perfect Party place.:metal:

Getter-Done 01-04-2022 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9014764)
Finished up my coal forge this afternoon . Works better than the one I made before with firebrick and sand .

Wow

This is one of my (Way down the list projects)

I like your set-up .

That is cool:c2: ( I mean Hot):lol::lol::lol: