The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Project Vitamin C-10 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=248460)

allaboutchevelles 05-27-2011 04:28 PM

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

wow Alan, your truck is looking nice. cant wait to see it finished, your doing an awesome job on it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=439559

bubba327 05-27-2011 04:31 PM

What is the update on the lift?? you can keep it here at my house until you move back to Montana.
Not many tornadoes in Montana :lol:

coulter 05-27-2011 05:33 PM

its turning out sooooo nice man!!!! keep it up:metal::metal::metal:

Alan's Classic 05-27-2011 11:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 4687709)
i wish you were my neighbor i would split it with you in a heart beat, and by the way your truck is looking great, sorry about the cross sill trouble seems like there is always something to frustrate a man. oh well keep digging you will win.

Heck, he's helping me tomorrow to go get the lift. ;) I'm repairing the old rear sill to eliminate some headaches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 198plus (Post 4703603)
Where you at Alan, any updates...........

I'm here, ;) It's been really busy with the end of school this week. I haven't done much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles (Post 4703661)
wow Alan, your truck is looking nice. cant wait to see it finished, your doing an awesome job on it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=439559

Thanks, I'm working on the slowest build record. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 4703671)
What is the update on the lift?? you can keep it here at my house until you move back to Montana.
Not many tornadoes in Montana :lol:

Shannon and I are going first thing in the morning to get it. No tornados in MT, that's what my wife keeps telling me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 4703743)
its turning out sooooo nice man!!!! keep it up:metal::metal::metal:

Thanks Man!!

I've got a great neighbor!! He was on his anniversary trip last week and called and said he was stopping at Summit and ask if I needed some things. Why of coarse. He picked me up the fuel filter and air cleaner I needed. The air cleaner I had wouldn't fit any more after I installed the electric choke.

jsmithbm 05-28-2011 12:38 AM

i was down at Summit today, Now what page was your steering column installation on? Trucks looking good. I hope to see you driving it at the next Chewin Fat.

Alan's Classic 05-29-2011 08:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithbm (Post 4704365)
i was down at Summit today, Now what page was your steering column installation on? Trucks looking good. I hope to see you driving it at the next Chewin Fat.

Do search of this thread, cause I have no clue where anything is. ;) I hope to have it ready for the Fall Fling. I better get busy.

A big THANKS to Shannon for his help again. It took us about 3.5 hours to get the lift installed. All that is left is wire it up.

daverod 05-29-2011 08:39 PM

Damn I'm jealous.:uhmk: Looks like it belongs there. I'm sure you'll put it to good use.

SFTorange 05-30-2011 12:19 AM

Dang, I'm jealous too! Congratulations on the new acquisition! I can't tell you how often I think to myself how much easier things would be with a lift in the garage.

bubba327 05-30-2011 12:39 PM

the lift is looking great, It fits like it belongs there,
If I was closer, I would come help wire it up.

Happy memorial day to all the veterans:flag:

1966Stepside 05-30-2011 10:30 PM

I definitely like stopping into this thread when I start to lose the interest in working on my truck. Always some good stuff happening in Georgia, and it gets me motivated to make a few more scabs on my knuckles.

Alan's Classic 05-31-2011 07:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4707143)
Damn I'm jealous.:uhmk: Looks like it belongs there. I'm sure you'll put it to good use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFTorange (Post 4707580)
Dang, I'm jealous too! Congratulations on the new acquisition! I can't tell you how often I think to myself how much easier things would be with a lift in the garage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 4708138)
the lift is looking great, It fits like it belongs there,
If I was closer, I would come help wire it up.

Happy memorial day to all the veterans:flag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1966Stepside (Post 4709098)
I definitely like stopping into this thread when I start to lose the interest in working on my truck. Always some good stuff happening in Georgia, and it gets me motivated to make a few more scabs on my knuckles.

Thanks guys.

Did I ever tell y'all I'm a idiot. :haha: When we installed the lift the light above the passenger side post just barely cleared. Well today I raised the Miata up almost all the way and the cylinder came out of the top of the post and broke a 8' flourescent. The controls are on that same side. Scared the crap out of me. ;) Now I need to move the light.

198plus 05-31-2011 09:03 PM

Happy Birthday Alan :ennyd:

Cameron 1137 05-31-2011 09:48 PM

Happy Birthday :barn: Have a Beer(or two)!

Strodder 05-31-2011 10:06 PM

Great deal on the lift Allan. It's the same one I have. I paid $1500 for it, but it was only a year old. They cost $3,000 new around 10 years ago. Now that you have one, you'll wonder how I ever did without it.
Enjoy!!. :metal:

chevy_man5 06-01-2011 08:18 AM

Happy belated birthday Alan!

Alan's Classic 06-01-2011 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 198plus (Post 4710784)
Happy Birthday Alan :ennyd:

Thanks Ronnie!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cameron 1137 (Post 4710908)
Happy Birthday :barn: Have a Beer(or two)!

Thanks, sounds good if I wasn't 5 years sober. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4710962)
Great deal on the lift Allan. It's the same one I have. I paid $1500 for it, but it was only a year old. They cost $3,000 new around 10 years ago. Now that you have one, you'll wonder how I ever did without it.
Enjoy!!. :metal:

I still need to sync my cables. The latches aren't clicking at the same time. i know i will enjoy it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy_man5 (Post 4711554)
Happy belated birthday Alan!

:thumbs:

This is what my girls made me with my wifes supervision. The "Maters" were really cool.

likaroc13 06-01-2011 12:54 PM

haha, that's cool & looks tasty...hope you had a happy birthday!

shortbed70 06-01-2011 01:25 PM

Happy birthday! Glad the light didn't get ya..
Posted via Mobile Device

my67chevytruck 06-01-2011 01:49 PM

awesome Alan, happy belated B-day!.. maybe one day i can get a lift in the shop... some people have all the luck ;)

Strodder 06-01-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 4711853)
I still need to sync my cables. The latches aren't clicking at the same time. i know i will enjoy it.

:thumbs:

This is what my girls made me with my wifes supervision. The "Maters" were really cool.

Happy Birthday Allan. :ennyd: I didn't see you post it was your Birthday. I thought they were all kidding because you got the lift. :lol:
BTW cute cake.

aggie91 06-01-2011 10:20 PM

Happy Birthday Alan!

I have not forgot about you and the linkage. I had some issues with my account lately. I will try in the morning to resolve it.

Those "Maters" do look like they were good!

Alan's Classic 06-02-2011 12:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 4711875)
haha, that's cool & looks tasty...hope you had a happy birthday!

Thanks and yes I had a good day. i spent all day in the shop spring cleaning without interuptions. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbed70 (Post 4711905)
Happy birthday! Glad the light didn't get ya..
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks, me too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by my67chevytruck (Post 4711946)
awesome Alan, happy belated B-day!.. maybe one day i can get a lift in the shop... some people have all the luck ;)

:thumbs: If I didn't sell my 55 I wouldn't have a lift. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4712070)
Happy Birthday Allan. :ennyd: I didn't see you post it was your Birthday. I thought they were all kidding because you got the lift. :lol:
BTW cute cake.

I didn't post it, Ronnie caught that it was my Bday on facebook.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 4712844)
Happy Birthday Alan!

I have not forgot about you and the linkage. I had some issues with my account lately. I will try in the morning to resolve it.

Those "Maters" do look like they were good!

Thanks, no worries on the linkage. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. BTW Mater tasted good.

This is what I did lastnight. I had the inner fenders out under the leantoo and figured either dirt dobers or wasp would start building on them. I wasn't really ready to install them yet. Maybe I won't scratch them. The home made seals against the cab worked great. Also got the front seals in at the radiator support. I never noticed it before, but it looks like the lower inner bolts holes are not in the core support. The core support is a repop. Are there suppose to be holes there? Also started installing the SS hardware with some anti sieze. I also chased the holes with a tap.

Strodder 06-02-2011 10:05 AM

I missed it on Face Book also. :uhmk:

56taskforce 06-02-2011 10:24 AM

Oh here I am again a day late and a dollor short Happy birthday Alan!!!!
Wow I sure like that lift don't worry about that light you wanted to move it out away from the lift so it dosn't cast a shadow anyway LOL
The truck is looking great as well.

4dranch 06-02-2011 07:14 PM

Very cool stuff Alan....And the girls hooked you up on the cakes..Good job girls

Alan's Classic 06-02-2011 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4713515)
I missed it on Face Book also. :uhmk:

I miss things all the time. There is too much info available now-a-days. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 56taskforce (Post 4713542)
Oh here I am again a day late and a dollor short Happy birthday Alan!!!!
Wow I sure like that lift don't worry about that light you wanted to move it out away from the lift so it dosn't cast a shadow anyway LOL
The truck is looking great as well.

Thanks Man!! True I do need to move it, but the bulbs are $15 ea. :waah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dranch (Post 4714273)
Very cool stuff Alan....And the girls hooked you up on the cakes..Good job girls

Thanks David, they did a great job. My present is still in the works. They are getting me some shirts printed up with Alan's Classic on them with the pic below on the back. Black pocket T's with orange graphics and lettering. I thought about an orange graphic with silver lettering. Maybe next time.

I never got a pic of the awards the Buick has won. ;)

I adjusted the cables tonight on the lift and the latches are in sync.

Dinos63 06-03-2011 01:11 AM

man i mis my lift , alan your truck is a work of art my friend:metal:

Strodder 06-03-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 4714772)
I adjusted the cables tonight on the lift and the latches are in sync.

Glad you got it fixed.

56taskforce 06-03-2011 10:33 AM

You do know that the 4' light and fixture can be had for less than the price of one 8' bulb don't you. ;) My shop has all 4's and some times I can get a box of 20 bulbs for $40 at Cosco that is jus t $2ea:metal:

65Custom 06-03-2011 10:08 PM

Happy belated birthday!!! and congrats on the Lift.

Alan's Classic 06-09-2011 05:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 56taskforce (Post 4715371)

You do know that the 4' light and fixture can be had for less than the price of one 8' bulb don't you. ;) My shop has all 4's and some times I can get a box of 20 bulbs for $40 at Cosco that is jus t $2ea:metal:

Yes, I went with an high output light. They said they don't hum and flicker in cold weather. Which is true. They are awesome. When I do more lights it will be the cheaper ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Custom (Post 4716313)
Happy belated birthday!!! and congrats on the Lift.

Got the bedsides and the other things cleared today with 3 coats.

daverod 06-09-2011 06:55 PM

Very purdy.;) Might get mine sprayed this week. Do you have to sand the clear?

chad64chevy 06-09-2011 06:56 PM

that bed looks really good! do you got the bed wood? i'm gonna end up welding all the body seams on my truck too! looks real good and smooth alan, keep at it! you'll have it done this summer for sure!!

Strodder 06-09-2011 08:43 PM

Nice job Allan. :metal:

56taskforce 06-10-2011 03:23 PM

[QUOTE=Alan's Classic;4726702]Yes, I went with an high output light. They said they don't hum and flicker in cold weather. Which is true. They are awesome. When I do more lights it will be the cheaper ones.

The lights I had in my old shop were high quality fixtures with OSHA approved covers over the lights, the ones here in this shop are just cheap ones without covers both 4’ bulbs neither of witch have I heard make any noise. I have had them both slow to start on days well below freezing but that has been the only time and I usually take longer to start than them when it is that cold LOL
As far as noise in the shop goes I will never buy another oil less compressor (a Craftsman 6 HP 60 gal. Upright )it works great puts out lots of air but oh my god it’s loud and an anointing sound at that. I am thinking about adding one of those lean-to sheds to the outside of the shop and kicking that noisy thing outside. I could use the room in the shop anyway as I have to share the space with the little woman’s’ tack and horse feed well I guess mine too one of the hay burners is mine. There is a space here that I can build a 36X48 shop but that is being held hostage till I make her an honest woman LOL “she is a smart lady” it will happen some day I am lucky to have her.

Your truck bed looks great as well as the fenders you must be getting pretty excited it’s getting close.

BTW I am proud of my self I figgured out that color thingy you do all by my self LOL

Alan's Classic 06-11-2011 12:10 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 4726825)
that bed looks really good! do you got the bed wood? i'm gonna end up welding all the body seams on my truck too! looks real good and smooth alan, keep at it! you'll have it done this summer for sure!!

Thanks Chad and yes I have some ash for the wood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4726964)
Nice job Allan. :metal:

Thanks Dennis

[quote=56taskforce;4728248]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 4726702)
Yes, I went with an high output light. They said they don't hum and flicker in cold weather. Which is true. They are awesome. When I do more lights it will be the cheaper ones.

The lights I had in my old shop were high quality fixtures with OSHA approved covers over the lights, the ones here in this shop are just cheap ones without covers both 4’ bulbs neither of witch have I heard make any noise. I have had them both slow to start on days well below freezing but that has been the only time and I usually take longer to start than them when it is that cold LOL
As far as noise in the shop goes I will never buy another oil less compressor (a Craftsman 6 HP 60 gal. Upright )it works great puts out lots of air but oh my god it’s loud and an anointing sound at that. I am thinking about adding one of those lean-to sheds to the outside of the shop and kicking that noisy thing outside. I could use the room in the shop anyway as I have to share the space with the little woman’s’ tack and horse feed well I guess mine too one of the hay burners is mine. There is a space here that I can build a 36X48 shop but that is being held hostage till I make her an honest woman LOL “she is a smart lady” it will happen some day I am lucky to have her.

Your truck bed looks great as well as the fenders you must be getting pretty excited it’s getting close.

BTW I am proud of my self I figgured out that color thingy you do all by my self LOL

Congrats on learning something new like coloring the text. It just helps me know where stuff starts and ends. ;) That would be cool if you build a shop, but a lean to is nice as well.

Got some of the bed assembled today. I was a nervous wreck while getting the rear crossmember, header and TG installed. I still need to install the other Xmembers and wheel tubs. Then she should be ready for the ride home.

Someday I hope to be happy with my paint work. I know things ain't perfect, but I strive to get better. I know it is nice, but there are things i can improve on. When you don't do it everyday the learning process is slow. It's going on the truck just like it is. Maybe it will be bright enough it will blind people. ;)

That is a wad of masking tape in the fuel door acting like a bumper for now.

198plus 06-11-2011 12:33 AM

Very, very, very, nice Alan........That looks great !!!!!!!!!!!!

Strodder 06-11-2011 01:10 AM

DITTO :metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

XtechX 06-11-2011 03:18 AM

Hey alan ..come on up to Michigan next saturday and you can practice your painting on mine...lol. BTW extremely nice job on the truck I faithfully follow along, cant wait to see everything all together and complete.

likaroc13 06-11-2011 09:35 AM

looks great!...in my travels back to my hometown in North MS, i might have to make a slight detour one day to see this thing in person once it's complete...my wife is a huge fan of acquariums...hey Alan, you got a small acquarium or pond anywhere nearby? i can tell her we're going to see the worlds largest Vitaminous C10 fish...honey, what's that? i dunno, i've never seen one either, lol