The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Slosh Tubz new company project "Square Peg" frame laying 1987 GMC Jimmy (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=554172)

babyblueoval 12-08-2012 02:45 PM

Re: Slosh Tubz new company project "Square Peg" frame laying 1987 GMC Jimmy

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 5746847)
oh and i donked out the Jimmy !

Mike..................

I hate to tell you this but you have officially been banned from this sight from this day forward.
We've really enjoyed having you here and love Cloud 9 but this has taken you over the edge of board tollerance.

Have a merry Christmas.

lol

67cheby 12-08-2012 02:52 PM

Donk gettin no love !!

butternut1972 12-08-2012 09:32 PM

So do you have a drawing of what it is going to look like that you want to share with us?

gringoloco 12-09-2012 12:19 AM

Yeah, we need a rendering!
Posted via Mobile Device

watahyahknow 12-09-2012 06:07 AM

chassis will be a fast build he said ....... hmmmm does that mean a ready made chassis like one from allston chassisworks?
https://www.cachassisworks.com/image...24_drawing.jpg

jlsanborn 12-09-2012 11:50 AM

I'm sure this clip swap must have been done before and I've just not come across one yet?? Aren't the cabs a bunch different at the cowl?

67cheby 12-09-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butternut1972 (Post 5747810)
So do you have a drawing of what it is going to look like that you want to share with us?

We just finally landed the color so now we can proceed with the rendering !
Quote:

Originally Posted by gringoloco (Post 5748104)
Yeah, we need a rendering!
Posted via Mobile Device

Soon!
Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 5748308)
chassis will be a fast build he said ....... hmmmm does that mean a ready made chassis like one from allston chassisworks?
https://www.cachassisworks.com/image...24_drawing.jpg

Lol, well not quite that ! But I do have some killer parts coming soon !
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlsanborn (Post 5748500)
I'm sure this clip swap must have been done before and I've just not come across one yet?? Aren't the cabs a bunch different at the cowl?

I will let you know in just a couple days ! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

oldman3 12-09-2012 02:07 PM

Man this waiting is worse that being a kid on Xmas eve:m6:..Jim

classicchev 12-09-2012 02:24 PM

I think its way easier going form new to old on the clips... Hinge position is the challenge. Should be simple, ecpecially when you get to eliminate the hinges on the fenders because you just have to install a set of Tubz anyways

watahyahknow 12-09-2012 05:30 PM

i didnt know about the hinge locations but they shouldnt be to hard
i even think there mounted on the inner fenders
if they mounted in a different location on the bulkhead im sure that there allready dimples put in the sheetmetal where you need to drill the holes as the basic cabdesign hasnt changed
i just know that in one of the two setups (think it was the newer style) where theres an extra plate added under the frontwindow to cover up the hole left by the shorter bonnet / hood
the one without the extra sheetmetal allso has the shorter stalks where the wiperarms fit ontoo to get them to duck under the hoodedge when in the rest position
not sure how they mounted that extra bit of sheetmetal , it might be there spotwelded in but the sheetmetal under that is the same old or new style

made2drag 12-10-2012 10:28 AM

this is gonna be a sweet ride! even sweeter cause its a husband/wife build! but you know after her k5 is done.....your gonna have to build a custom squarebody dually to pull these 2 to the shows......

67cheby 12-10-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman3 (Post 5748681)
Man this waiting is worse that being a kid on Xmas eve:m6:..Jim

LOL, sorry man
Quote:

Originally Posted by classicchev (Post 5748706)
I think its way easier going form new to old on the clips... Hinge position is the challenge. Should be simple, ecpecially when you get to eliminate the hinges on the fenders because you just have to install a set of Tubz anyways

thats what i am talking about ! i am excited about the clip swap !
Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 5748979)
i didnt know about the hinge locations but they shouldnt be to hard
i even think there mounted on the inner fenders
if they mounted in a different location on the bulkhead im sure that there allready dimples put in the sheetmetal where you need to drill the holes as the basic cabdesign hasnt changed
i just know that in one of the two setups (think it was the newer style) where theres an extra plate added under the frontwindow to cover up the hole left by the shorter bonnet / hood
the one without the extra sheetmetal allso has the shorter stalks where the wiperarms fit ontoo to get them to duck under the hoodedge when in the rest position
not sure how they mounted that extra bit of sheetmetal , it might be there spotwelded in but the sheetmetal under that is the same old or new style

we will see very soon !
Quote:

Originally Posted by made2drag (Post 5750178)
this is gonna be a sweet ride! even sweeter cause its a husband/wife build! but you know after her k5 is done.....your gonna have to build a custom squarebody dually to pull these 2 to the shows......

thanks man, next will be 88-98 so i can do the Slosh Tubz for that bodystyle and work my way through all the years !

67cheby'sGirl 12-10-2012 10:59 AM

Do you guys realize how hard it is to design perfection? It's really hard work. I have the exterior design just about nailed down, and now on to the interior design. Ready to have a rendering of it myself.. :)

67cheby 12-10-2012 11:13 AM

"Perfection"......wow she is TOUGH !! LOL, now you can deffinately see the standards i have to meet come straight from the BOSS !

67cheby'sGirl 12-10-2012 11:17 AM

Very good observation, young grasshopper. Now, have you torn it apart yet?

67cheby 12-10-2012 11:19 AM

GGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ.....give me a break you had me Christmas shopping all weekend !

Zoomin 12-10-2012 11:45 AM

*As the world turns* :)

JNJchev77 12-10-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 5750236)
GGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ.....give me a break you had me Christmas shopping all weekend !

Just concede.... you won't win this one :waah:

67cheby 12-10-2012 12:13 PM

yea...i know, someone on the forum has a saying " A husband can be right, or he can be happy.....but he cant be both !" LOL

watahyahknow 12-10-2012 12:25 PM

he can when he's single

oh whell you take the bad things with the good things , being alone isnt the way to go either

seem sumtin a while back :
RULE 1 the boss is allways right
RULE 2 if the boss is wrong see rule 1

67cheby 12-10-2012 12:29 PM

LOL, good point !

67cheby 12-10-2012 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok guys i just recieved the email that i have been exicted about !! So here is the big news, this will shock some of you but this build will be featuring a different suspension set up then what you expected to see coming ! I havent had a falling out with Nathan or anything like that , this is just a chance for me to be involved with another great company also building a great frontend, that is intrested in being a part of what i am doing ! I would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Jeff and Justin from Scott's Hotrods & Customs ! Me and my wife are very appreciative of your support on this build , without you this build would in no way be progressing at this pace !! So here is what we have coming our way Square Peg will be laying on the pavement the Scott's 73-87 Bolt in IFS with Torsion sway bar in the front / SLam Specialties Bags/ Scott's tubular adjustable upper and lower control arms / Ridetech shocks . Scott's adjustable transmission crossmember and Scott's SuperSlam 4 bar rear suspension.....SO STAY TUNED things are fixing to really start POPPING ! Thank you again Scott's HotRods ! NOW LETS GET THIS BLAZER ON THE GROUND !

68Timber 12-10-2012 02:16 PM

If you didn't have everyone's attention, I'm sure you have it now. Looking forward to seeing what Scott's shop put together.

mrhino 12-10-2012 02:19 PM

nice setup

es67chevy 12-10-2012 02:19 PM

Congrats, Mike and Sarah, on the awesome sponsorship! Way to step up, Scott's!!! Definitely a top rate company.