The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Project Vitamin C-10 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=248460)

LeftCoast32 06-11-2011 10:29 AM

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Everything is looking great!!

flips72 06-11-2011 04:07 PM

very nice, its funny how we are our worst critics,i bet noone else would not be able to see what is bothering you, me personally think its top shelf. congradulations and i am still planning a road trip soon to see it in person.

Alan's Classic 06-11-2011 08:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 198plus (Post 4729088)
Very, very, very, nice Alan........That looks great !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4729120)
DITTO :metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Guys!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtechX (Post 4729201)
Hey alan ..come on up to Michigan next saturday and you can practice your painting on mine...lol. BTW extremely nice job on the truck I faithfully follow along, cant wait to see everything all together and complete.

Thanks for the offer. I love painting. It beats blocking all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 4729358)
looks great!...in my travels back to my hometown in North MS, i might have to make a slight detour one day to see this thing in person once it's complete...my wife is a huge fan of acquariums...hey Alan, you got a small acquarium or pond anywhere nearby? i can tell her we're going to see the worlds largest Vitaminous C10 fish...honey, what's that? i dunno, i've never seen one either, lol

I've got a 5 gal aquarium the girls keep their nightly catch of critters in. If your coming thru give me a little notice. That way I can make a point to be at home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoast32 (Post 4729408)
Everything is looking great!!

:thumbs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 4729810)
very nice, its funny how we are our worst critics,i bet noone else would not be able to see what is bothering you, me personally think its top shelf. congradulations and i am still planning a road trip soon to see it in person.

You are absolutely right. I am my own critic. ;) Again give me a heads up when your going to come by.

The part I was dreading was the trip home. I went in and finished spraying a few black pieces. Then finished the bed for the trip home. Not one strap came loose. She's home now.

Strodder 06-11-2011 09:08 PM

That looked scary. :eek: Glad you got the bed home safe and sound. If it was me I would have scratched it one way or another. :banghead::thud:

XtechX 06-11-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 4730237)
Thanks Guys!!

Thanks for the offer. I love painting. It beats blocking all the time.

I've got a 5 gal aquarium the girls keep their nightly catch of critters in. If your coming thru give me a little notice. That way I can make a point to be at home.

:thumbs:

You are absolutely right. I am my own critic. ;) Again give me a heads up when your going to come by.

The part I was dreading was the trip home. I went in and finished spraying a few black pieces. Then finished the bed for the trip home. Not one strap came loose. She's home now.

I hear you about the blocking part....I go a little bit more insane everytime I see or have to deal with grey dust. I think I may have sucked up a bit too much over the last 9 months...lol. Hopefully things will go as planned and paint will be on my truck soon.

1966chevytrucks 06-11-2011 11:38 PM

Nice you have got this restoration thing all figured out. Awesome body work.

Alan's Classic 06-12-2011 10:22 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4730264)
That looked scary. :eek: Glad you got the bed home safe and sound. If it was me I would have scratched it one way or another. :banghead::thud:

It was a white knuckle ride. The ride to my work was the worst. I had to stop 3 times to tighten straps. This time it stay tight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtechX (Post 4730570)
I hear you about the blocking part....I go a little bit more insane everytime I see or have to deal with grey dust. I think I may have sucked up a bit too much over the last 9 months...lol. Hopefully things will go as planned and paint will be on my truck soon.

Good luck with your paint job.

I must be really insane after 15 years of being around this stuff. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1966chevytrucks (Post 4730587)
Nice you have got this restoration thing all figured out. Awesome body work.

You would think so, but I keep running into set backs. I've learned and still learning what not to do. :haha:

I got a little upset today. When I realized I need to repaint my grill mounting panel, inner fenders and cowl screen. Note to self.....Buy more than enough material and only use that. I had our paint supplier mix my first gallon of single stage. Later on I mixed the same paint code at work they are both PPG and the color I mixed was darker. Another lesson learned. The middle of the HL mount panel is the right color, but the last time I painted it I dusted some color on the ends of it where I sanded thru.

On a good note me and Shannon got the bed on and rolled it outside for some glamour shots.

scotts62 06-12-2011 10:26 PM

:clap: DROOOLLLLLL!!!!!

Alan's Classic 06-12-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotts62 (Post 4732084)
:clap: DROOOLLLLLL!!!!!

Thanks Scott, Having to repaint those pieces I mention earlier took away the wow moment when the bed went on. I'm going back out to the shop to look again. ;)

198plus 06-12-2011 11:11 PM

That is nice Alan.........Pure sex.........:smoke:

ruffrida2005 06-12-2011 11:26 PM

It looks so nice Alan. I cant wait for you to come to Tx so I can drive it. haha

shortbed70 06-13-2011 06:57 AM

Oh yea!!!! Looking good now. Sucks about having to repaint that stuff. What's the talk of SS paint?
Posted via Mobile Device

greg65 06-13-2011 07:39 AM

Amazing job as usual Alan. Can't wait to see it in person again. Maybe the next time I come up we can hear the rumble of the 383.:metal:

chad64chevy 06-13-2011 08:36 AM

hey alan, was wondering what your doing with the side trim? i noticed you got holes in the bed and the cab corners but not it the doors or the front fenders! i thought our trucks have holes all the way down the sides for the trim! just wondering!!

Strodder 06-13-2011 10:42 AM

Don't you just love that lift? I do other things with it too besides lifting trucks.:metal:

aggie91 06-13-2011 04:49 PM

She looks very nice with the bed on.

I got the linkage and other pieces from you on Thursday last week. I will have to clean and paint the linkage, but it was in real good shape. Thanks again.

Alan's Classic 06-13-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 198plus (Post 4732182)
That is nice Alan.........Pure sex.........:smoke:

Thanks Ronnie!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruffrida2005 (Post 4732218)
It looks so nice Alan. I cant wait for you to come to Tx so I can drive it. haha

I would like to take a long trip in it. As long as I have a chase vehicle. :haha:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbed70 (Post 4732535)
Oh yea!!!! Looking good now. Sucks about having to repaint that stuff. What's the talk of SS paint?
Posted via Mobile Device

It does suck, but it's my own stupidity. I guess SS is stainless steel. I don't have a clue either way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg65 (Post 4732563)
Amazing job as usual Alan. Can't wait to see it in person again. Maybe the next time I come up we can hear the rumble of the 383.:metal:

It will be a few weeks before I take the front end back off to paint it. While it is off I'll finish up the engine and fire it off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 4732594)
hey alan, was wondering what your doing with the side trim? i noticed you got holes in the bed and the cab corners but not it the doors or the front fenders! i thought our trucks have holes all the way down the sides for the trim! just wondering!!

The doors and fenders are repops. Once I get everything bolted down to the frame then I canpull a string and drill the holes for the trim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4732765)
Don't you just love that lift? I do other things with it too besides lifting trucks.:metal:

Definately made putting the bed on nice and controlled. I really don't need to know what else you do with your lift other than work on cars/trucks. :haha:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 4733251)
She looks very nice with the bed on.

I got the linkage and other pieces from you on Thursday last week. I will have to clean and paint the linkage, but it was in real good shape. Thanks again.

Thanks Karl, glad your happy with the linkage. ;)

Strodder 06-13-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 4733730)
[COLOR="Blue"]

Definately made putting the bed on nice and controlled. I really don't need to know what else you do with your lift other than work on cars/trucks. :haha:

I'm a professional. :haha: :haha: :haha:

56taskforce 06-14-2011 12:17 AM

[QUOTE=Alan's Classic;4733730]Definately made putting the bed on nice and controlled. I really don't need to know what else you do with your lift other than work on cars/trucks. :haha:
:uhmk::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::uhmk:
Sorry Dennis but that there is funnnnny:lol:

56taskforce 06-14-2011 12:23 AM

Oh buy the way Alan truck looks great and I think the pipe in Dennis's wall may have something to do with the other things he dose with his lift:haha::haha::haha::exit:

Strodder 06-14-2011 10:09 AM

You mean this pipe? :lol:
http://belair.smugmug.com/Garage/Dre...12_ffmGs-L.jpg

56taskforce 06-14-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4734568)

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::pty:

56taskforce 06-14-2011 10:32 AM

Now I am really worried Dennis I did not notice before but it appears to be wired and grounded as well

Strodder 06-14-2011 11:18 AM

No that grey pipe goes to the breaker box, but not a bad idea to ground the pee funnel. I wouldn't want to get a shock on my U Know What. :haha::haha::haha::haha:

http://belair.smugmug.com/Garage/Dre...28_aJqqU-M.jpg

Strodder 06-14-2011 11:20 AM

BTW, sorry Allan for High Jacking your thread. But you started it. :haha:

daverod 06-14-2011 11:28 AM

Should use treated wood when you put it on concrete.;) Why do you need that when you have a sink right there?:lol::lol: You could have just cut a very small hole on the front of the sink .

gtbrain 06-14-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4734668)
Should use treated wood when you put it on concrete.;) Why do you need that when you have a sink right there?:lol::lol: You could have just cut a very small hole on the front of the sink .

Put a little wig above that newly drilled hole and charge your friends each time they use it. Maybe even different sized holes....

Strodder 06-14-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4734668)

What do you mean a "VERY SMALL HOLE"? :mm: :haha:

shortbed70 06-14-2011 01:24 PM

"I got a little upset today. When I realized I need to repaint my grill mounting panel, inner fenders and cowl screen. Note to self.....Buy more than enough material and only use that. I had our paint supplier mix my first gallon of single stage. Later on I mixed the same paint code at work they are both PPG and the color I mixed was darker."

I was referring to single stage paint, what did you paint on your truck with that? I was thinking of doing the same on mine but now I'm unsure.
Posted via Mobile Device

bubba327 06-14-2011 11:25 PM

Alan ...what is that piece of flatbar you have the MC cable hooked to????
I would Redtag that for you, If it were in my jurisdiction.
All ground electrodes should be electrically tied together to avoid a difference of potential.
There should be a ground rod or rebar electrode near the panel in your shop. What is that wire bonding anyway???? bubba

Alan's Classic 06-14-2011 11:46 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I enjoy an occasional high jacking every now and then. I knew when I wrote it I would get some response. :haha: i had a good laugh.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbed70 (Post 4734849)
"I got a little upset today. When I realized I need to repaint my grill mounting panel, inner fenders and cowl screen. Note to self.....Buy more than enough material and only use that. I had our paint supplier mix my first gallon of single stage. Later on I mixed the same paint code at work they are both PPG and the color I mixed was darker."

I was referring to single stage paint, what did you paint on your truck with that? I was thinking of doing the same on mine but now I'm unsure.
Posted via Mobile Device

Basicaly everything except the inside is single stage and recleared. The inside of the cab is BC/CC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 4735939)
All ground electrodes should be electrically tied together to avoid a difference of potential.

There should be a ground rod or rebar electrode near the panel in your shop. What is that wire bonding anyway???? bubba

I think you are looking at Dennis' shop. He has the pleasure port in his shop. :haha: If not his then I have no clue. My shop has a ground rod. ;)

Been sanding on my bed wood. You can see the before and after.

Got the freshly painted fuel filler installed.

A few up the skirt shots. ;)

Trying to figure out which color to have the fuel tank powder coated. I will be getting the fan shroud I made PC as well.

Alan's Classic 06-14-2011 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
one more

firenuttz 06-14-2011 11:54 PM

long time follower, first time poster.....but i had to say somethin :jdp: :phat: :bling: the truck looks b*****n!!!

Strodder 06-15-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 4735939)

That is my shop, and I got permits for everything. And it all passed. I do have a grounding rod real close to the box. I had a licensed electrician run the wires from the updated 100 amp box on the house to the shops box 90' away. He ran the wires to the box in the shop from the house. I did the rest.

You can see the grounding rod on the right sticking out of the concrete.
http://belair.smugmug.com/Garage/Dre...84_PdUu2-O.jpg

http://belair.smugmug.com/Garage/Dre...40_f4Pce-L.jpg

greg65 06-15-2011 07:56 AM

Nice choice on the bed wood.

56taskforce 06-15-2011 02:21 PM

Dennis I don’t think Bubba was trying to say your shop was wired wrong I think it has to do with you tying it all in to what you are calling a pee cup, you know you’re not fooling anyone here we know it is some kind of pleasure contraption and that big piece of conduit and grounding rod is tied in to the plumbing some how behind that 2x6:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Alan on a more serious note and to give your thread back I have a question about spray guns. I will be stating my project soon and will be needing a gun to spray primer as a beginning painter do you have any suggestions for an inexpensive quality gun and do I need a gun for each process or can I get one that can do it all with different tips??? BTW You are the master that truck is a real work of art !!!!!
Oh and one more question, Why is it so much fun to wind Dennis up??? :uhmk:

Strodder 06-15-2011 03:35 PM

Be cause I AM WE TODD IT, I'M SOFA KING WE TODD IT. :haha:

XtechX 06-15-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 56taskforce (Post 4734593)
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::pty:

Strodder Is this your reclaim system for your wet sander????

198plus 06-15-2011 07:05 PM

Lmao.......At least put a p trap on it....:lol::lol::lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4734568)

Strodder 06-15-2011 09:17 PM

I put that in there incase someone takes a dump in it. :haha::pty: