The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   How about some pics of 60-66 Trucks (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=107362)

Captainfab 06-26-2010 12:19 AM

Re: How about some pics of 60-66 Trucks

I too am very sorry to hear of your health issues. I agree with lakeroadster, you're more than welcome to hang out here. You have built a real nice and clean truck, excellent job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakeroadster (Post 4048267)
Sorry to hear about your health issues, Eric.

As a fellow stepside fanatic I respectfully state that we will expect you to stay here on our website, continuing to post threads, helping all of us with advice.

Just 'cause you're not wrenchin doesn't mean your out of the inner circle.

markeb01 06-26-2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERIC BUFFARD (Post 4047674)
All right guys, I have had two strokes in the last 30 days and my life is changed forever.

My sympathies are with you. A variety of health issues ended my career and severely limits my hobby abilities. Trying to be helpful on this site has allowed me to participate in something less physically demanding, that I still find enjoyable. Once you get past the suddenness of such a life changing event, I hope you can find a satisfying pursuit to your passions. Keeping your enthusiasm active is really helpful to recovery.

markeb01 06-26-2010 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy Fleetside (Post 4059495)
Well I hate posting this one only because of where the truck is. As you can see it is in a bone yard. It was a nice truck to use as a builder. There was hardly any rust on this 1960 truck.

I agree it's sad to see something so decent end up in a wrecking yard. Even worse if it's a pick n pull type place, since everything is cycled by rows and time without concern for what gets crushed.

ravens65 06-26-2010 07:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks Guys,I think they have it figured out now. put me on blood thinners. i can't drink, or smoke..... Damn, Then they told me to put my hobbies on the back burner, if i get cut I'll have to go to the E.R. But today I said screw it .... thats to much to ask of a guy, I'm 47 years old , not even gray or bald yet. I can just lay around and wait to die or..... I can help speed it along. hahaha, good thing I just got health insurance. so .... not taking the advice of the doctors, I worked on my truck today , just workin out a few bugs. then went for a nice drive in it, no plate but have insurance.I'll get the plate monday. Man that stroker can run and its very loud so that the neighbors can enjoy it to!! I can not and will not give up a life long hobby, but to make the old lady happy, I put it on e-bay and craigs list. if it goes I'll get a C-5 corvette and start on another project later when this blows over. keep in touch guys! Eric

Malibob 06-26-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDNOSE65 (Post 4045162)

That is Frankies old truck.

djracer 06-26-2010 09:21 PM

I hope you priced it for retail plus 50 percent. You can play with your truck just use your head and don't mess with certain tools or sharp parts. Good luck to you. I think I'd rather have your truck than a c5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERIC BUFFARD (Post 4060360)
Thanks Guys,I think they have it figured out now. put me on blood thinners. i can't drink, or smoke..... Damn, Then they told me to put my hobbies on the back burner, if i get cut I'll have to go to the E.R. But today I said screw it .... thats to much to ask of a guy, I'm 47 years old , not even gray or bald yet. I can just lay around and wait to die or..... I can help speed it along. hahaha, good thing I just got health insurance. so .... not taking the advice of the doctors, I worked on my truck today , just workin out a few bugs. then went for a nice drive in it, no plate but have insurance.I'll get the plate monday. Man that stroker can run and its very loud so that the neighbors can enjoy it to!! I can not and will not give up a life long hobby, but to make the old lady happy, I put it on e-bay and craigs list. if it goes I'll get a C-5 corvette and start on another project later when this blows over. keep in touch guys! Eric

Chevy Fleetside 06-26-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Well that sucks.. And hey watch it.. I'm 47 and bald... :lol:

6doggie3 06-27-2010 12:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)
sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!

SNTOS63 06-27-2010 12:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
1963 Glenwood Green "RANA!" :ito:

jgh64pkup 06-27-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6doggie3 (Post 4060744)
sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!

i threw up in my mouth a little :puke: :haha:

Captainfab 06-27-2010 12:48 AM

I'm glad to hear that you're going to keep at it and not give up. You're right, a guy's gotta have something to do that he really enjoys. Like already mentioned, just be careful and keep your head about you.....and keep your cell phone close. If you can find a nice pair of work gloves that fit nice, that can aleviate some of the chance of cut hands. I know smoetimes working in gloves can be a PITA, but in your instance it might be worth giving them a try.

Quote:

jgh64pkup 06-27-2010 12:51 AM

yeah thats a great idea capt i would recomend some mechanix gloves they seem to fit nice

Chionos GMs 06-27-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgh64pkup (Post 4060811)

:agree::but: to each his own

djracer 06-27-2010 10:12 AM

Another thing I meant to mention was have someone help you on your truck. You can find a young person that wants to learn as long as they are driving age you could get them to run you to the hospital in an emergency. You might have to help them tinker with there ride too but that's cool.

Quote:

Strodder 06-27-2010 10:47 AM

Eric, I was going to say the same things these guys are saying. All good advice. Besides the mechanic gloves, I would wear long sleeve shirts too. I'm on aspirins for a blood thinner. I bleed really easy with just a nick. Sometimes I bump my arm, and then I see a blood smear on something or blood leaking out of my arm. I don't even know how I did it. Be carful, and take your time.

BTW I have a C-5 and my project. It's nice I can go to events with the Vette, and participate until my truck is done.

ravens65 06-27-2010 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys, every day gets better. Its nice to know that I'm not the only one that lives, eats and sleeps these old trucks. hey.... I have re-designed my hood flip hinge to carry the weight of a steel hood, and would rather have steel than fiberglass.

ravens65 06-27-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djracer (Post 4060477)
I hope you priced it for retail plus 50 percent. You can play with your truck just use your head and don't mess with certain tools or sharp parts. Good luck to you. I think I'd rather have your truck than a c5.

Yea me too! and with 450 h.p. I'm hope to scare some of the vette guys and of course flat out blow away the rust-tangs!!!!!

djracer 06-27-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERIC BUFFARD (Post 4061107)
Yea me too! and with 450 h.p. I'm hope to scare some of the vette guys and of course flat out blow away the rust-tangs!!!!!

I'm not really a vette guy but I like the c5's much better than the others until you go way back but I bet you will get more looks in your pick up.

Sillyoldman 06-27-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERIC BUFFARD (Post 4061102)

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

jonzcustomshop 06-27-2010 02:02 PM

5 Attachment(s)
crewcabs:

jonzcustomshop 06-27-2010 02:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgh64pkup (Post 4060811)

in that case this one should clear your mouth and get right onto the keyboard!:lol:

jonzcustomshop 06-27-2010 02:12 PM

5 Attachment(s)
was for sale in kalispell a few years back:

jonzcustomshop 06-27-2010 02:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
south africa:

djracer 06-27-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop (Post 4061290)
was for sale in kalispell a few years back:

Love it was is that under the hood for a motor?

jonzcustomshop 06-27-2010 02:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
see if you can find the truck in here... hit an 18 wheeler in the 60's, guy lived throughit, tored in georgia since...