The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

72c20customcamper 02-07-2022 06:16 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

5 Attachment(s)
Cleaned the work area made a new punch out of a snapped Phillips bit and did a small restoration job on a small cross peen hammer USA made Stanley. Old handle was broken and it was very rusty . New handle is maple

The bolt is for my power steering pump on my AMX . The threads on original were way to warn to tighten up . The nut portion goes into a sleeve which was an odd size so I pined a nut to the rod rounded it and put two flats so a 1/2 inch open end can be used to tighten it . This also holds the water pump to the head .

FleetsidePaul 02-09-2022 05:36 PM

I met my new neighbor today. :)

I never do the OMG thing. BUT OMG! This woman is certifiably nuts. :crazy:

She stands in her yard and fights with people. But no one is there. It's just her screaming at the voices in her head. :eek:

She has never said hello. We were on our deck and she started screaming at us. Not complaining about anything that we were doing. Just yelling about her problems. What the hell am I supposed to do??

I need to build a big wall and build it quick. Because this b^tch is crazy.

Just my luck. :waah:

67ChevyRedneck 02-09-2022 06:39 PM

^ How do you always get so damn lucky?

Redneck Rydes 02-09-2022 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9032529)
I met my new neighbor today. :)

I never do the OMG thing. BUT OMG! This woman is certifiably nuts. :crazy:

She stands in her yard and fights with people. But no one is there. It's just her screaming at the voices in her head. :eek:

She has never said hello. We were on our deck and she started screaming at us. Not complaining about anything that we were doing. Just yelling about her problems. What the hell am I supposed to do??

I need to build a big wall and build it quick. Because this b^tch is crazy.

Just my luck. :waah:

I guess we know why the guy moved to Texas, but is a a happy place!

Steeveedee 02-09-2022 09:39 PM

Seems like that would be in the disclosures?

Boog 02-09-2022 09:48 PM

You and women. I swear Paul.. Is she the woman making the fuss over your shed too?

57taskforce 02-10-2022 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9032613)
You and women. I swear Paul.. Is she the woman making the fuss over your shed too?

:lol: I was half expecting him to say the neighbor was one of his ex’s! Paul you are a terribly funny man!

67 twins 02-10-2022 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneck rydes (Post 9032559)
i guess we know why the guy moved to texas, but is a a happy place!

x2

Ol Blue K20 02-10-2022 09:15 AM

I feel sorry for you Paul.

KW5413 02-10-2022 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9031420)
Cleaned the work area made a new punch out of a snapped Phillips bit and did a small restoration job on a small cross peen hammer USA made Stanley. Old handle was broken and it was very rusty . New handle is maple

There's a memory kick...I used to make punches out of valve stems. I probably still have one buried in my old toolbox.

davischevy 02-10-2022 10:41 AM

I was thinking Paul might want to get her number. She might be a future candidate. She seems to fit the profile of his past partners.:lol::lol:

FleetsidePaul 02-10-2022 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9032807)
I was thinking Paul might want to get her number. She might be a future candidate. She seems to fit the profile of his past partners.:lol::lol:

NOOO!!!!! I've had enough crazy to last me two lifetimes. :lol:

This woman is bonkers but she doesn't bug me. She won't even talk to me.

The latest is that she has a 4 door Toyota. She opened all the doors and started yelling at it, and then slammed all the doors and stormed into her house. Then did it again 10 minutes later. WTF???? :crazy::confused:

I laughed, but I do feel sorry for her. She's alone and angry. That can't be fun.

Live and let live. That's what I say. If she wants to scream at her car. Let her. It's just entertainment for me. :lol:

special-K 02-10-2022 10:30 PM

It sounds like you did well on your get away place. Free entertainment! Please keep us posted. Life can be boring ya know :lol:

FleetsidePaul 02-11-2022 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9033114)
It sounds like you did well on tour get away place. Free entertainment! Please keep us posted. Life can be boring ya know :lol:

I really love the new place. I love the big deck in front. My biggest problem is in moving itself. It's a pain. Thankfully the guy left the appliances and couches that are all like new, so I caught a break there. But I still have to move my Kamado grill which weighs a ton, and my big Weber that also weighs a ton. And I have to go up stairs to put them on the deck. I'm not looking forward to that.

The woman next door really doesn't bother me. She rarely comes out of her house, and when she does all she does is yell at herself or her car. :uhmk:

And my wife bought new patio furniture. And guess what? It all has to be assembled. Take a wild stab in the dark as to who got that job? But it will be worth it when I'm done.

Today I had planned on checking out a 1973 International pickup. But my wife took the Jeep to work and I was at my house in Wofford Heights. I hadn't been there in over 2 months and all my cars batteries were beyond dead. I hooked up my charger but I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. I didn't plan on being gone so long. Hopefully the old corn binder will still be there tomorrow, but if not it'll just be another one that got away.

special-K 02-11-2022 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9033162)
The woman next door really doesn't bother me. She rarely comes out of her house, and when she does all she does is yell at herself or her car. :uhmk:

And my wife bought new patio furniture. And guess what? It all has to be assembled. Take a wild stab in the dark as to who got that job?

The woman next door? If not, may I suggest? Like I said, free entertainment. Unless you want to pay her. "Stupid screw! All the others lined up just right! But No, not you! You just had to be difficult! If you had a butt I'd spank you!! Just get in that hole you stupid SOB!!"

I had a neighbor behind me for a while who was odd. Unlike your new neighbor woman, I never heard her speak. She was about my age and still lived at home. I only saw her when she skittered out the lane to the mailbox and back to the house. I do mean skittered, as if her life depended on making it out and back without seeing anyone. And more importantly, I'd guess, NO ONE SEEING HER! If I came out during one of her mailbox journeys she'd double up the pace. The color of her eyes was "straight ahead".

Good luck on the Binder. Those are handsome trucks in those years. I always wanted to own one, a 3/4t 4wd. I also like the earlier ones.

72c20customcamper 02-11-2022 12:09 PM

So far 3 hours Chasing down a parasitic draw on my 05 Accord . It was the aftermarket start alarm unit. After cutting taping and checking I just ripped the whole damn piece of crap out. Heat shrinked all the areas they cut and spliced . Hooked it all back up draw went from .15 to .01 so now I shouldnt have to disconnect the battery anymore if it's going to sit more than 3 days .

special-K 02-11-2022 09:34 PM

K.I.S.S. has proven to work well for me (except that second S. Who you callin' stupod? :lol:)

FleetsidePaul 02-12-2022 03:02 AM

I went to the market today. Actually I went to 3 markets today, and my wife went to one.

Why? You may ask.

Quick answer, I needed saltine crackers. I'm making Mexican Shrimp Cocktails for Superbowl. I've got to have saltines.

No one had them. The most common cracker on the planet and I can't get them.

They had all kinds of graham crackers, Goldfish, Triscut, Ritz and some weird ones.
BUT NO SALTINES!!! :m6:

This is a conspiracy. Someone is hoarding saltines. It's like the toilet paper thing all over again.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...0/Premiium.jpg

special-K 02-12-2022 07:48 AM

Who'd a knew? Saltine shortage. Can't tell you the last time I ate one. It ain't me hoarding! Grandpa loved those oyster crackers and I got hooked on them, too. But haven't had those in years either.
I want to report my issues finding boneless skinless chicken breasts at Food Lion. I've been stopping in for a week and finally got a pack last evening. They were about 1/2 stocked. Why Food Lion? The other places sell theirs for at least a dollar more a pound and I'm a hard head when it comes to helping those out who charge more for the same thing. Safeway used to sell them at the same price, until Albertson's bought them. Then, it was up a buck a pound. Maybe more now, I wouldn't know, don't even look.

FleetsidePaul 02-12-2022 09:05 AM

The price of chicken has gone way up.

My wife picked up a bucket of KFC and the trimmings. No drinks. It was over 50 bucks.

special-K 02-12-2022 10:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Kentucky Frikken Chicken :lol:

It's funny. Down south they have restaurants called Maryland Fried Chicken. None up here

72c20customcamper 02-12-2022 12:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Found a set of made in France Marchal driving lights in an old Hershey sell box . One has a minor chip in the lens from knocking around but are new . My guess mid 80’s ?

Edit: guess I got them from my uncles Jeep dealership . They were standard equipment on the 1982 Jeep Jamboree didn’t take long to find out on a google search

Getter-Done 02-12-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9033608)
I went to the market today. Actually I went to 3 markets today, and my wife went to one.

Why? You may ask.

Quick answer, I needed saltine crackers. I'm making Mexican Shrimp Cocktails for Superbowl. I've got to have saltines.

No one had them. The most common cracker on the planet and I can't get them.

They had all kinds of graham crackers, Goldfish, Triscut, Ritz and some weird ones.
BUT NO SALTINES!!! :m6:

This is a conspiracy. Someone is hoarding saltines. It's like the toilet paper thing all over again.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...0/Premiium.jpg

Same issue here .:uhmk:
My wife has been hunting for them for weeks:lol:

Stocker 02-12-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9033766)
Found a set of made in France Marchal driving lights in an old Hershey sell box . One has a minor chip in the lens from knocking around but are new . My guess mid 80’s ?

Nice find! Marchal lamps are like hen's teeth these days. The first 7" H4 headlamps I bought were Marchals, back in the mid-Seventies. Loved 'em right up until the reflectors eventually tarnished.

special-K 02-12-2022 02:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Cool find! I remember when Marchals and Cibies were the thing. I ran Cibie Bobis in my Woodland Green '72 Blazer
Attachment 2167487
Attachment 2167488

I figured out a router bit I have can make this old style shoe molding I've been paying out the ying-yang for by the foot. I have to route it combined with ripping a certain way on the table saw to create it. I just came in for lunch after making the first piece. I also dug up an oak 1 x 6 x 10' I didn't realize I had, just before coming in. I'll grab a picture of the store bought and mine together. I'm a happy boy! I paid $35 for an oak 1x4x8" a couple weeks ago. This is probably a $55 piece and I can make over $100 of molding from it