The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Slosh Tubz new company project "Square Peg" frame laying 1987 GMC Jimmy (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=554172)

67cheby 12-10-2012 02:21 PM

Re: Slosh Tubz new company project "Square Peg" frame laying 1987 GMC Jimmy

Thanks guys , we are EXTREMELY EXCITED !

gringoloco 12-10-2012 03:29 PM

Gangster.

67cheby 12-10-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gringoloco (Post 5750672)
Gangster.

LOL, thanks man ! Frame progress starts this week ! EXCITED !

68Timber 12-10-2012 03:42 PM

Will this let you keep the rear floor stock?

67cheby 12-10-2012 03:49 PM

still havent got the rear floor figured out, i think i am going to run the Scotts SuperSlam 4 link on the inside of the frame rails so i can run a 22x12 on the back and if i do that it puts the upper bar coming up through the floor (that is what i am told anyway) so i might have to build a custom seat bottom that can contour around the notches for the 4 link ?? I think alot of these questions i have in my head wont be answered until i cut into it all ! Like what backspace on the 22x12's ? How much does the rearend need narrowed (i have heard 3 1/2 per side) ?? Being new to the SQUARES i have tons of unanswered questions ! LOL, any advice is appreciated !

67cheby 12-10-2012 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a pic of the SuperSlam 4 bar set up !

bohmankid 12-10-2012 03:53 PM

sub'd

Zoomin 12-10-2012 03:58 PM

That's stepping it up another notch. :smoke:

67cheby'sGirl 12-10-2012 04:51 PM

I am so glad Mike finally got to reveal this... he was about to explode, but wanted it handled properly. I am very excited! So.... LET'S START BUILDING!!! :)

Dieselwrencher 12-10-2012 06:11 PM

Wow, nice work on the sponsorship. I'd love a chance at both of those for my 40 Ford. :lol:

longbed67 12-10-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomin (Post 5750724)
That's stepping it up another notch. :smoke:

By stepping it up a notch, dont you mean stepping it down! lol ;)

watahyahknow 12-10-2012 08:23 PM

i wonder if the crossmember is made for the 4wd chassis
as for the reartubs are you going to weld in trailerfenders or are you going to adapt the original tubs to get the more stock look ?
the trailerfenders might look better with the tubs in the front but might allso interfere with the backseat
if you take the rearpart of the floor out after the rear footwell and raise it a few inches you might not have to make channels for the 4 link bars and only need to widen the stock innerfenders wish might end up sitting close to level with the rearwindows

how IS the rearseat mounted ? any chance of cutting the legs out from under it by 2 or 3 inches ? if you can do that the seat is in the same position as before the raise of the floor

prolly would have enough room on the side to put in the sunk in battery compartment on one site and a compartment for the compressor and valves on the other behind the rear tubs too without it sticking out under the sheetmetal and rearbumper

jtp67-72 12-10-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby'sGirl (Post 5750813)
I am so glad Mike finally got to reveal this... he was about to explode, but wanted it handled properly. I am very excited! So.... LET'S START BUILDING!!! :)

I think i guessed this a week ago......whoops........Let's see....4 or 5 more Slosh tubz raffles and............wait ..I think they banned those on my account!!!.....on to plan B......lol..................jim

pickup67man 12-10-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 5751195)
as for the reartubs are you going to weld in trailerfenders or are you going to adapt the original tubs to get the more stock look ?
the trailerfenders might look better with the tubs in the front but might allso interfere with the backseat
if you take the rearpart of the floor out after the rear footwell and raise it a few inches you might not have to make channels for the 4 link bars and only need to widen the stock innerfenders wish might end up sitting close to level with the rearwindows

how IS the rearseat mounted ? any chance of cutting the legs out from under it by 2 or 3 inches ? if you can do that the seat is in the same position as before the raise of the floor

prolly would have enough room on the side to put in the sunk in battery compartment on one site and a compartment for the compressor and valves on the other behind the rear tubs too without it sticking out under the sheetmetal and rearbumper

Maybe after it is closer he will make some Rear Slosh Tubz for Square Blazers with rear air ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

watahyahknow 12-11-2012 02:26 AM

dont know if those will work as the rears dont bolt in
............. slosh rearbench maibe ?

67cheby 12-11-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 5750944)
Wow, nice work on the sponsorship. I'd love a chance at both of those for my 40 Ford. :lol:

I am very appreciative of their support and i hope to represent their product very well !
Quote:

Originally Posted by longbed67 (Post 5751135)
By stepping it up a notch, dont you mean stepping it down! lol ;)

LOL, way down....like flat on the ground !
Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 5751195)

as for the rear fenders i willl modify the factory ones, the rear floor will be raised with a fake raised floor that will house all of my air ride and fuel cell underneath, as far as under the rear seat goes will not raise the floor there i will just build chanels for the 4 link to come up and build the seat around them someway ???? I might have to widen the rear tubs a little i want to run a 22x12 on the back
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtp67-72 (Post 5751329)
I think i guessed this a week ago......whoops........Let's see....4 or 5 more Slosh tubz raffles and............wait ..I think they banned those on my account!!!.....on to plan B......lol..................jim

LOL, i guess no more raffles !! You always figure out my plans...we must think alot alike or something !
Quote:

Originally Posted by pickup67man (Post 5751596)
Maybe after it is closer he will make some Rear Slosh Tubz for Square Blazers with rear air ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

HMMMMM............
Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 5751910)
dont know if those will work as the rears dont bolt in
............. slosh rearbench maibe ?

LOL...just maybe !

aggie91 12-11-2012 12:47 PM

Great to see Scott's on board with this build. :metal:
I think that Nathan and them both make great products and this is a good way to show off both of them in one family. Now, you just need to build a 60-66 body style and come up with Slosh tubs for that one too. That way you have ALL of the C-10 body styles covered...;)

67cheby 12-11-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 5752457)
Great to see Scott's on board with this build. :metal:
I think that Nathan and them both make great products and this is a good way to show off both of them in one family. Now, you just need to build a 60-66 body style and come up with Slosh tubs for that one too. That way you have ALL of the C-10 body styles covered...;)

I agree !

jlsanborn 12-11-2012 12:54 PM

That's gonna be super cool guys and congrats on the first sponsorship for the peggar! Where are we today??? Get that clip off yet?

made2drag 12-11-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 5750192)
LOL, sorry man

thats what i am talking about ! i am excited about the clip swap !

we will see very soon !

thanks man, next will be 88-98 so i can do the Slosh Tubz for that bodystyle and work my way through all the years !

ok, a bagged 95 crew cab dually will do i guess :)

67cheby 12-11-2012 01:16 PM

i hauled the other clip and doors to my buddies shop that we will be working on it at and sent the blazer to another guys shop that wanted the old parts off of it , he is stripping them off now !!

aggie91 12-11-2012 02:34 PM

making progress without getting his hands dirty....:lol:

screaminchevypickup 12-11-2012 02:52 PM

Sounds like your making some good progress!

67cheby 12-11-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 5752649)
making progress without getting his hands dirty....:lol:

no one will be getting their hands dirty !! I spent about 4 hours degreased and steam cleaned this thing from underneath/top to bottom....it is as clean as a whistle ! LOL
Quote:

Originally Posted by screaminchevypickup (Post 5752680)
Sounds like your making some good progress!

Looking forward to getting her to your shop so you can make her pretty !

Portmod7 12-11-2012 04:19 PM

Let's see, the last picture you posted was of Square Peg "donked out", entirely against his/her will I'm sure....

We need some pics! I figured we'd have a bare frame or somethin by now???

Just giving you a hard time. Congrats on the Scott's Hotrods contribution. Looking forward to seeing this one come together for sure!